Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alan7890 is offline Junior Member

kimbo enters the cage!

Last edited by alan7890; 05-14-2007 at 09:09 AM.

jk486994 is offline Associate Member
    Cant wait to watch...

I think Mercer is gonna get his ass handed to him by my dude Kimbo Slice

ALPHAMALE77 is offline Junior Member
    Guys.....kimbo ...one Scary Dude.....i Hope Rays Life Ins Is Paid Up

orton4 is offline Member
    i hope mercer knocks him out

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    there is a vid on the net of sa white guy feeding kimbo some good shots and actually wins the fight imo, he is good but if you know how to fight like mercer i think he is in trouble...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Lounge Material IMO!
    ***No source checks!!!***

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Lounge Material IMO!

Why? Aren't they both fighters? Mercer was a legit heavyweight contender at one time. And everyone in the MMA community have been waiting to get Kimbo in the cage, right? I think this is the appropriate forum.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Why? Aren't they both fighters? Mercer was a legit heavyweight contender at one time. And everyone in the MMA community have been waiting to get Kimbo in the cage, right? I think this is the appropriate forum.

I'm in the MMA community and I sure as hell do not want to see that piece of crap in a ring or a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Lounge Material IMO!

Agreed!

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Man i cant wait to watch that f*cking fight!

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    The only reason I am looking forward to him getting in the cage is so I can watch him get stomped and then maybe internet dweebs will see he was fighting chumps on the street not trained fighters with talent.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been watching UFC fighting since it first came out... it was actually more entertaining back then than it is now... no weight classes, the fighter fights all competition until the end and is crowned only then...

this fight is somewhat similar to what started this sport out and what got the MMA fighting style going........ It was never about a style when it first started... it was, this guy is fighting this guy, with minimal rules... some guys were 10th degree black belts vs joe bloe,, another guy was boxing vs wrestler... that was some intense stuff... things you use to joke around about as a little kid arguing about what style was the best was all getting answered on tv...blah, blah

we all know what is now, but I still think this fight is entertaining like it originally was due to the questions in limbo.... how will this guy do in a fight against this guy??? that is what sells and what makes it fun to watch... just my 2 cents.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    hell yea the early UFC was the best!! straight brawlers then and badasses

orton4 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpijeonx
    The only reason I am looking forward to him getting in the cage is so I can watch him get stomped and then maybe internet dweebs will see he was fighting chumps on the street not trained fighters with talent.

exactly why i want to see it as well

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    hell yea the early UFC was the best!! straight brawlers then and badasses
    Becouse you step off a barstool that makes you a badass?. Royce Gracie is a bad ass. Tank is a fatass who has never beat anyone good.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    I hope Kimbo get Knocked out..... Does n e 1 know how old Ray Mercer is now?? he was lookin dam old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I'm in the MMA community and I sure as hell do not want to see that piece of crap in a ring or a cage.
    Why? Have you thought that maybe he is starting to train for MMA. What's the difference between him and someone who has taken karate or wrestled for the last 10yrs and wanted to make the switch to MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$
    I hope Kimbo get Knocked out..... Does n e 1 know how old Ray Mercer is now?? he was lookin dam old!!!

Mercer is 46.

Why? Have you thought that maybe he is starting to train for MMA. What's the difference between him and someone who has taken karate or wrestled for the last 10yrs and wanted to make the switch to MMA?

Mma has come along way from the days of it being called human cock fighting. When you take a bar knuckle interenet brawler and put him in the ring/cage, its gonna make the sport look bad. Would a boxing promoter allow some bareknuckle brawler in and hype it up? No. Shit like this discredits mma.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Mma has come along way from the days of it being called human cock fighting. When you take a bar knuckle interenet brawler and put him in the ring/cage, its gonna make the sport look bad. Would a boxing promoter allow some bareknuckle brawler in and hype it up? No. Shit like this discredits mma.

I understand your point MN_Fighter. What I am saying is doesn't the guy deserve the opportunity to get in the cage and prove his worth? What if he has been training MMA in the last couple years and now is ready for MMA. Is your hostility (and the general MMA hostility towards Kimbo) solely based on the fact that his people recorded his bare knuckles endeavors and posted them. Look there are many fighters who got their start being tough around their neighborhoods. Many MMA fighters never participated in anything outside of street brawling before getting into MMA, but since they didn't record their endeavors they are more worthy to enter the cage than Kimbo? That doesn't make much sense to me.

As far as boxing is concerned, Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Shannon Briggs, Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, Rocky Marciano, and the list goes on and on in this sport of guys who started as neighborhood tough guys and known for their street fighting prowess.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I don't think it makes the sport look bad. It ***ends on the publicity that the fight is given. I don't think this would get around to too many people who are not interested in MMA to begin with. If the bigger venues were to promote this,...then maybe. Either way you look at it though...MMA is fighting.

No matter what you do, there will always be something or someone to give a sport a bad name....just a fact of life. This society seems to need something to complain about or blame, because they do not see what others love to do.

Make what look bad? either him look bad, or if he wins, the other look bad..it's about entertainment... not about anything more... everyone is saying "if this guy is a bad ass then let him prove it in with the professional fighters" that's it... A fight is a fight is a fight.... MMA has evolved to a sport, but anytime you throw in a bare knuckle fight it is anyones game ***ending on the night and approach... It is a proven fact that grappling dominated the sport early and only a few standup fighters ever make it very far in cage fighting...

It is about what sells and that is good for any sport.... You see boxing and wrestling have always been around... everyone knows that wrestling is more applicable in a street fight, but boxing has always sold... the reason is that punching fights are more entertaining... sure there are wrestlers that would rather watch wrestling anytime, but as a majority rule the standup heavyweight punching always sells to the crowd... now there is cage fighting.

cage fighting has brought a different dynamic, but the punchers are fading out of the sport and a lot don't like that part of it... it is becoming a grappling sport...

the bottom line to all of this and the sport that you hold dearly, is what entertainment does a sport bring to the public?..the paying viewers... I would say don't rule out these type of matches as disrespectful to the sport because there are a lot (maybe even majority) that like to watch a straight up slug fest... in fact whether it is boxing or MMA cage fighting, most watch in the entertainment world watch in anticipation of a slug fest and settle for whatever becomes of the match. that is what holds any of these sports alive to make money... it's not because it is about a good mma sportsmen

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    OMG that is going to be funny, Kimbo another Bob Sapp. Big circus freak

also, everyone knows that Kimbo wouldn't last in a grappling match with a fighter in the cage... everyone also knows that he would not last in a heavyweight boxing match with the gloves on... so the only question would be what if he fought someone with some skills??? well the best that could be thought of was a median... ray mercer is an ex boxer that is willing to fight him... Mercer won't go in Kimbo's back yard because there is no money to be made.... there is also no money to be made in a cage fight with Kimbo and a grappler... so to those who want to see him win or lose there is a fight made that will sell...thats it nothing fancy nothing degrading.... it is about the money...

I could careless... it would just be curious to see how things go... I like all sports.. boxing, mma, karate, and I like watching street fights like Kimbo's for entertainment only... It might be the stupidest most boring match ever... you never know.... both are heavyweight sluggers so it does look like a knockout on someones part...NOW that sells... if they end up on the mat, it could be the most silliest, boring thig to watch.. two guys with no ground skills moving around slowly...like butterbean and that other dude..

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Kimbo has been training with Freestyle Fighting Academy down in Miami. It's a pretty good school run by the Avellan brothers. Should be interesting to see what they've been able to do with Kimbo.

I am not saying dont let him fight. I worked my ass off in small ass shows were checks would bounce sometimes. Yet this guy gets his shot becouse he knocked some clowns out on the internet? Am I saying I am better or payed my dues to a great extent? No, I am simply saying it does not look good for the sport and he could be entertaining if you keep him against another slugger but even then his boxing skills are not of a polished fighter. I would rather see a guy who is much more skilled(there are many of them) get there shot.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    I read somewhere that kimbo and Rhadi Ferguson are cousins.

simm is offline Senior Member
    The sooner Kimbo gets owned, the more people will watch 'legit' cage matches as this bullying bald freak will be history and gaining no internet fans...lol

I am not saying dont let him fight. I worked my ass off in small ass shows were checks would bounce sometimes. Yet this guy gets his shot becouse he knocked some clowns out on the internet? Am I saying I am better or payed my dues to a great extent? No, I am simply saying it does not look good for the sport and he could be entertaining if you keep him against another slugger but even then his boxing skills are not of a polished fighter. I would rather see a guy who is much more skilled(there are many of them) get there shot.
    Ok, you are right... especially the part highlighted... I can't dispute anything you said above...

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Ide rather watch scoobydoo fight a ghost.

Mn_Fighter we've gone over this numerous times. But I think your last posts shows what your underlying reasoning really his... PURE HATERADE!!! LOL!!! In the above post you come across as jealous because you haven't gotten your 'shot' while Kimbo is getting his. Saying he hasn't paid his dues is insane. Those fights you've seen on youtube I'm sure aren't his only fights and his dues were paid in a much less controlled environment than what you are used to. His boxing skills are decent (good head movement, short punches, decent footwork, etc). Is he Mike Tyson or Chris Bird? No, but there is no denying the man's natural ability to fight. He is the product of good marketing by himself and his team. Which is smart considering he didn't have a amatuer boxing career or a career in another sport (wrestling). There isn't a way for fighters like him to get there name out there unless they have some type of background elsewhere (Oly trials boxing or wrestling, or college wrestling). You can't hate on the man for getting his name out there and getting his 'shot'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simm
    The sooner Kimbo gets owned, the more people will watch 'legit' cage matches as this bullying bald freak will be history and gaining no internet fans...lol

And what if he turns out to be successful? He has all the tools to be successful. He has a good chin, power in both hands, good footwork and good head movement. Obviously he needs to work on his cardio and ground skills, but apparently according to QuiteStorm33 he is training with a good team in Miami. So again I ask, what if he is successful?

Kimbo is gay and hopefully he gets his head knocked off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do sense a lot of hatred when this guys name is mentioned?? I don't get it, just another dude trying to prove a point and make a buck like the rest in cage fighting...oh well i guess that gives him an incentive to fight harder.... I know it would me.

regardless of what anyone thinks... the fight is going down.... yea, LET'S GET IT ON!

Mn_Fighter we've gone over this numerous times. But I think your last posts shows what your underlying reasoning really his... PURE HATERADE!!! LOL!!! In the above post you come across as jealous because you haven't gotten your 'shot' while Kimbo is getting his. Saying he hasn't paid his dues is insane. Those fights you've seen on youtube I'm sure aren't his only fights and his dues were paid in a much less controlled environment than what you are used to. His boxing skills are decent (good head movement, short punches, decent footwork, etc). Is he Mike Tyson or Chris Bird? No, but there is no denying the man's natural ability to fight. He is the product of good marketing by himself and his team. Which is smart considering he didn't have a amatuer boxing career or a career in another sport (wrestling). There isn't a way for fighters like him to get there name out there unless they have some type of background elsewhere (Oly trials boxing or wrestling, or college wrestling). You can't hate on the man for getting his name out there and getting his 'shot'!!!!
    I have payed my dues and my mma career is much farther ahead then Kimbo's. I have training partners who would destroy kimbo bro but they haven't gotten exposure kimbo has. Jelous of an ex convict? Hardly. Pissed off becouse promoters(which ever promation) is ****ing over a sport I love? Yes. You have seen Kimbo play by his rules all stand up a "fight" is not all standing. I said he has decent boxing skills but none of a polished fighter. I really like you I think you bring alot of the forum esp in boxing but to say I am jelous of Kimbo, hardly.

I have payed my dues and my mma career is much farther ahead then Kimbo's. I have training partners who would destroy kimbo bro but they haven't gotten exposure kimbo has. Jelous of an ex convict? Hardly. Pissed off becouse promoters(which ever promation) is ****ing over a sport I love? Yes. You have seen Kimbo play by his rules all stand up a "fight" is not all standing. I said he has decent boxing skills but none of a polished fighter. I really like you I think you bring alot of the forum esp in boxing but to say I am jelous of Kimbo, hardly.

Like I said mn_fighter, don't hate Kimbo because he is the product of successful marketing. If you and your training buddies are better, post your fights and if you are completely dominant the way kimbo is in bare knuckles fighting then I am sure someone will look. Look, I played against better players in high school, college, and semi-pro than many of the guys I played with in the Pros (football), but because of circumstances (small college, bad SAT scores, whatever) they never got there shot. And I heard the same hatred of athletes who got their shot. I was victim of this as well. It's not the athletes fault so there is no reason for all the hate.

As far as Kimbo's criminal record is concerned, where is the evidence of that? As a matter of fact, a while back a member of this forum who works in law enforcement in Florida ran a check on Kimbo (his real name is Kevin Ferguson) and found no record for Kevin Ferguson or the alias Kimbo Slice. So maybe that rumor is another marketing ploy. Either way it's successful because he's getting his shot. If he isn't successful then he will be known as the post-child for internet hype. If he destroys Mercer and goes on to destroy a grappler, then he comes as advertised.

BigGuy5420 is offline Associate Member
    mercer is too old now....he would knock kimbos ass out in a fight 10 years ago.. but he will probably loose, he is almost 50!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy5420
    mercer is too old now....he would knock kimbos ass out in a fight 10 years ago.. but he will probably loose, he is almost 50!
    Yeah, Thats what Im worried about. I still find this far from a good match for Kimbo. If he wins, big deal its just an old out of shape boxer, and if he loses, it makes him look much worse than most people already view him.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simm
    So damn true simm, assholes like Kimbo give MMA a very bad rap.

If the guy is serious and really works on all is aspect of the game, stand up and ground fighting and gives a good fight (Which i doubt) then cool but if he just gets in there and gases out after one minute (i bet on this), then its going to be a waste of time.

I rather see real athlete compete getting some great subs in and stand up fighting.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Do you really see this as an MMA fight? I think more would see this bought as a cage fight vs. a true MMA fight. If you really want to get down and dirty about the sport, it all started from "would this style beat that style. "Well I know a tuff guy who is just a scrapper and he dosen't train martial arts, but he could take a black belt from that discipline...(fill in the blank of the discipline).

Mixed Martial Arts....I take the mixed to interpret fighting style. While Kimbo has no direct discipline, you cannot deny he is a fighter and has his own style, so how is he not a MMA fighter. He fights..so he should fight in a forum as this. If he chooses to just stand then so be it. There are many fighters in the UFC and Pride who would rather just stand to win a fight( who are good on the ground, but choose to stand because they can get the win that way). I can tell you this is why the fight is going to take place. Kimbo will not stand in the ring and dance around just to get the W on his record. To better his career..he is going in the ring to hurt someone, to KO someone, and not dance around to let this go to the judges. He is a true fighter, who fights for the love of it. That, something my friend..is what this sport is missing. People who truly love to fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information