gottibme is offline Associate Member

what fighter will bring the belts back

Honestly In the heavyweight division what fighter do think can bring all the belts back to the u.s?The only one I can think of is Sam Peter,other than that I think there is no hope for a while

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    IF she SHAQ or Tim Duncan picked up boxing at age 4 and not basketball.. It'd be a different story.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    Honestly In the heavyweight division what fighter do think can bring all the belts back to the u.s?The only one I can think of is Sam Peter,other than that I think there is no hope for a while

Sam Peter isn't for the US. He's Nigerian. Unfortunately there aren't any exceptional American Heavyweights these days. As far as Shaq and Duncan are concerned, I think both are way too tall. Now cats like Lebron, Brian Urlacher, or Ray Lewis, they would have been great heavyweight boxers.

theirishhammer is offline New Member
    urlacher would have demolished

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Samuel peter lost every second of every round when he fought wladimir klitschko(exept those times wladimir was down b/c of behind the head punches).

If he beats Oleg maskaev and wins the WBC he will have to fight Vitali, and I think Peter is to short to box him effectively...

Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Samuel peter lost every second of every round when he fought wladimir klitschko(exept those times wladimir was down b/c of behind the head punches).

If he beats Oleg maskaev and wins the WBC he will have to fight Vitali, and I think Peter is to short to box him effectively...

Are you serious??? Did you even watch that fight? The punches that knocked Klitschko down weren't behind the head. C'mon. I can understand being a fan but being completely naive to a fight is ridiculous. Klitschko fought a smart fight. Even Emmanuel Stewart said that he teaches his tall fighters to jab and clinch and that's how they win.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Sam Peter isn't for the US. He's Nigerian. Unfortunately there aren't any exceptional American Heavyweights these days. As far as Shaq and Duncan are concerned, I think both are way too tall. Now cats like Lebron, Brian Urlacher, or Ray Lewis, they would have been great heavyweight boxers.
    Sam is from nigeria but fights out the U.S. so i consider him a US heavyweight.. come on he's the only hope we got...

I think he will be a great champ, if he can bring in the same condition or even better than what he brought to Toney II... He will be a force to reckon with.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter08
    Sam is from nigeria but fights out the U.S. so i consider him a US heavyweight.. come on he's the only hope we got...

I think he will be a great champ, if he can bring in the same condition or even better than what he brought to Toney II... He will be a force to reckon with.

I feel you, I'm a huge Peter fan, I think he is the future of the heavyweight division. But you know how all these athletes are when they come to the US. After they win a championship, they only claim their home countries.

Thread Information