J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

I'm surprized that this is not posted already

I’m super impressed with Rampage though.

I honestly did not even pick a winner in the Rampage/Henderson fight because I like both fighters and they are both so good.

If Rampage won though, I was not expecting it to be from his ground game. Henderson pretty much played it perfect though, not doing the stand up too much. Rampage’s wrestling has always been in question, he’s been effective at it before but only because of just sheer power muscling out of submissions or slamming. He was really effective on the ground though and his strength helps his ground game.

It will be interesting to see who he fights next and how he develops in the next few fights. Who’s next though? A big contender like Shogun or Wandi? Or will they throw another UFCer at him?

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget that Rampage was probably 15lb heavier at fight time than at the weigh-ins so that definitely helped. But you are right, he did have good ground game and pretty good control, although they both did a good job taking each other down and scrambling back up. Definitely a good, technical fight but Rampage has always had a decent ground game. I don't know why people didn't give him more credit for it, even though he did go against one of the best Greco-Roman wrestlers in MMA.

His size was a factor, Dan will dominate if he drops a class, he'd probably get bored.

If Rampage won, I was just not expecting the fight to be that technical, after all his fighting style is "whoop ass". The way it went, I would have expected it to go to Henderson easy.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Same here. I actually picked Henderson to win by decision in several fantasy mma tournaments. I would love to see him fight at a lighter weight. I hope that they have a unification bout for his other title and he shouldn't have as hard of a time fighting at middleweight, even against guys like Anderson Silva. All the present and former Team Quest guys (Couture, Lindland, Henderson) do such a great time getting inside and dominating in a clinch or taking their opponents down. It's a bit different against a guy like Rampage because he'll just pick you up and slam you, whereas Henderson won't have as hard of a time with lighter guys.

Sounds like you enjoyed the fight as well then.

I'm almost disappointed more about the Hammil fight over shadowing this match simply because of the hype over the judges selection.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wxyz
    His size was a factor, Dan will dominate if he drops a class, he'd probably get bored.

If Rampage won, I was just not expecting the fight to be that technical, after all his fighting style is "whoop ass". The way it went, I would have expected it to go to Henderson easy.
    Hendo is an awsum fighter theres no doubt about it but i still think anderson silva would give him a good fight and could maybe pull off a win. Andersons pin point accuracy striking is jus so hard to deal with and i think it could give hendo trouble but if he did get by Anderson ur exactly right he would get bored Extremly bored.

BTW Dana said in an interview that if Shogun beats Forrest griffin then he will most likely be next in line for a title shot

Shogun/Rampage will be a very good fight. Rampage has come so far since Shogun destroyed him. I belive he broke a rib early in that fight also? Shogun seemed so much stronger in that fight than Rampage, he had him pinned on the ropes the entire time.

The clinch is not as effective in UFC which would play in the favor of Rampage. I can't see Forest able to out strike Shogun or out wrestle him.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wxyz
    Shogun/Rampage will be a very good fight. Rampage has come so far since Shogun destroyed him. I belive he broke a rib early in that fight also? Shogun seemed so much stronger in that fight than Rampage, he had him pinned on the ropes the entire time.

The clinch is not as effective in UFC which would play in the favor of Rampage. I can't see Forest able to out strike Shogun or out wrestle him.
    I agree.. Rampage has def. impressed thus far.. Hopefully he remains this hungry and doesnt get the CroCop "disease".. What a disappointment.. Dana White $700k down the drain??!?

Thread Information