Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    $$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Chuck Liddell Is Back!!!!!!!

Dominated Wanderlei From Round 1 To Round Three!!!!!

I Knew That Was A Bad Match Up For Silva...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I was a bit surprised that Silva didn't do any real damage, he looked completely outclassed. I expected a much closer bout.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$ View Post
    Dominated Wanderlei From Round 1 To Round Three!!!!!

I Knew That Was A Bad Match Up For Silva...
    for the lads in the UK who aint seen it yet its on at 9pm GMT on Bravo...
    p.s $$TML 4 LIFE$$$ thanks for that one!!!!!!

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I was a little surprised that Silva didn't push the pace a little more.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I too was surprised, I really wanted to see Liddell get beat

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Hmm, Looks like the Pride curse prevails! .. I cant wait to hear them excuses I guess Chuck wasn’t as 1 dimensional as some thought lol.. Great fight all around.. Im happy for Chuck, he def. shut up his critics last night..

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Great timing on the takedowns by Chuck. He was really looking for the W when he couldn't knock him out. That shows you that Chuck is realizing that his age is catching up to him and he is starting to use his head than just relying on his KO power.

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre View Post
    Hmm, Looks like the Pride curse prevails! .. I cant wait to hear them excuses I guess Chuck wasn’t as 1 dimensional as some thought lol.. Great fight all around.. Im happy for Chuck, he def. shut up his critics last night..
    Everyone talks about the "Pride curse" in relation to the LHW division.

Last time I checked, a Pride guy had the belt...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Round 1 = Draw at most

Round 2 = Wanderlei

Round 3 = Chuck

I am not disappointed at all in this fight or the outcome. They did what they said they would do. They went out and threw some of the heaviest ****ing leather at each other and niether were KTFO.

That was crazy. I don't see any domination from either fighter, just a war and neither wanting to go down.

How the **** Wanderlei did not at least get knocked down is beyond me, how Chuck was not face first from those bombs is beyond me.

Fights like this no one should be upset about. Goddamn people it was a war to the end.

Chuck came in great shape unlike his last two fights, he has more left in him afterall. Wanderlei also showed he has alot more left as well.

Can;t wait to see their next fights.

I honestly believe if anyone else would have been in their and eaten those shots form both guys they would have been KTFO.

Chuck vs Wanderlei = No Complaints!

The commentating on the other hand was so goddamn biased it was not even funny. I stopped listening to it because it was so biased and terrible.
    ***No source checks!!!***

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    wicked fight. surprised wand wasnt more aggressive, but man can those guys eat shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie! View Post
    for the lads in the UK who aint seen it yet its on at 9pm GMT on Bravo...
    p.s $$TML 4 LIFE$$$ thanks for that one!!!!!!
    hahaha my bad man but i posted at 4 30 in the mornin how the hell am i supposed to know

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Round 1 = Draw at most

Round 2 = Wanderlei

Round 3 = Chuck

I am not disappointed at all in this fight or the outcome. They did what they said they would do. They went out and threw some of the heaviest ****ing leather at each other and niether were KTFO.

That was crazy. I don't see any domination from either fighter, just a war and neither wanting to go down.

How the **** Wanderlei did not at least get knocked down is beyond me, how Chuck was not face first from those bombs is beyond me.

Fights like this no one should be upset about. Goddamn people it was a war to the end.

Chuck came in great shape unlike his last two fights, he has more left in him afterall. Wanderlei also showed he has alot more left as well.

Can;t wait to see their next fights.

I honestly believe if anyone else would have been in their and eaten those shots form both guys they would have been KTFO.

Chuck vs Wanderlei = No Complaints!

The commentating on the other hand was so goddamn biased it was not even funny. I stopped listening to it because it was so biased and terrible.
    Well there is no way round 1 was a draw IMO but ur right it was an awsum fight bothy landed there shots and chuck overall got the better of him. HOW THE **** DID WANDERLEI NOT DROP AFTER TAKING SOME OF CHUCKS SHOTS.....N E 1 ELSE WOULD OF BEEN KTFO!!!!

jridepb3 is offline Junior Member
    best fight i have seen in awhile chuck is back and st pierre just dominated matt he looks unstoppable

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Good fight, the 2nd round was one of the best rounds in UFC history. I think we'll see another fight that's for sure.

Silva changed a lot with his fighting style and Liddel stuck to his normal style. A few take downs, unlike chuck, but nothing was done with them.

I was really looking forward to Silva using his looping hooks inside more, but it was basicly a boxing match. I think Silva could win the brawl, but he cannot out box Liddel's reach.

UFC LHW fights seem to be a lot of boxing of late, which is why Rampage has been doing so well.

Edit:
    Joe Rogan is the most bias and annoying comentator ever. Liddel showed a lot of respect for Silva's chin after, Rogan was way more excited for Liddels win than Liddel was.
    Last edited by J-Dogg; 12-30-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Check out Chuck's post fight interview. He really respects Wanderlei.

Some idiot reporter asks "You had Wanderlei hurt and hanging on by a thread, why didn't you finish him?"

Chuck grins and says "Man, I tried. I hit him with 4-5 shots and he was still there swinging back, he's tough".

These two guys respect each other more after that war. I like that.

hahaha my bad man but i posted at 4 30 in the mornin how the hell am i supposed to know
    No worries, just next time dont put the result in the heading you douche lol.
    Only just got out of bed an logged on, was in two minds bout looking up the result and thought nah ill catch it on Bravo later... so i logged on here to see whats coocking and the first thing i saw was your heading on the main board, stood out like a sore thumb... anyway im gonna watch em now, just staring now with Chuck... i was routing for him to win... he needed it.

Silva is just entering now, not sure about his 90's pill head rave music... that has been and gone for me

Jesus he made a mess of him. Chuck looked like he could have stopped him...

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Well there is no way round 1 was a draw IMO but ur right it was an awsum fight bothy landed there shots and chuck overall got the better of him. HOW THE **** DID WANDERLEI NOT DROP AFTER TAKING SOME OF CHUCKS SHOTS.....N E 1 ELSE WOULD OF BEEN KTFO!!!!
    The first round was not even close to a draw. This is just wishful thinking. As for a "Pride curse", it is not a curse. It is just that every Pride fan has been talking shit for years about how Pride guys would kick the shit out of UFC fighters. Pride has been given the chance to prove this right. But besides Rampage(an American I might add), Pride's ex-fighters have been beaten one after the other. Not only has Pride been disbanded, it's fighters are getting their asses handed to them in the UFC. It must suck to be part of the Pride religion these days. It must suck even more to resort to making excuses for why these guys keep getting beat.......

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    awesome fight as well! i was sort of disappointed with Silva. And i agree that first round was no where near a draw, plain and simple Chuck brought that leather baby

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    For those of you who don't think round 1 was a draw your crazy. Watch it again. If anything Liddel BARELY edges out ahead. Second round was definitely Wanderlei and third is Liddel I saw it the same way Murilo does.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    For those of you who don't think round 1 was a draw your crazy. Watch it again. If anything Liddel BARELY edges out ahead. Second round was definitely Wanderlei and third is Liddel I saw it the same way Murilo does.
    what were the judges' scores for the fight again.......?

I know the judges scores 30-27 30-27 29-28. I think the 29-28 is the most accurate. Watch the fight real close though. The beginning was just a couple of exchanges didn't really show how the fight would go at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13 View Post
    what were the judges' scores for the fight again.......?

The judges are about as ignorant as my next door neighbour when it comes to MMA. For ****s sake two scored it 30-27.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    very good fight, great to watch.

they both gave it their all, it was very close from where i was watching.
    just ahead to chuck, but by no mean what the score was..

as for this excuses or ufc kicking pride fighters ass, we should send ufc fighters to fight in the pride ring..

just to see how it goes..

like one for one sort of thing, now that they had one fight in octagon, one should be in the pride ring.

would be good to see.

anyway great fight..

george was flawless, good on him.
    would have like to see matt on the ground do some work, but was really controlled..

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    very good fight, great to watch.

they both gave it their all, it was very close from where i was watching.
    just ahead to chuck, but by no mean what the score was..

as for this excuses or ufc kicking pride fighters ass, we should send ufc fighters to fight in the pride ring..

just to see how it goes..

like one for one sort of thing, now that they had one fight in octagon, one should be in the pride ring.

would be good to see.

anyway great fight..

george was flawless, good on him.
    would have like to see matt on the ground do some work, but was really controlled..
    I was under the impression that Pride was disbanded...........

Yeah I thought so as well.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Haven't watched the fight yet (missed it due to GF booking my night somewhere else), but I just thought these comments about "the pride curse" were a little too overzealous.

I dont think it has anything to do with Pride, but moreso the evolution of the sport. A lot of the Pride fighters have not fought in almost a year and the rest of the MMA world is evolving. You take these new age fighters like GSP, Griffin etc... it doesnt matter who you put them up against (Current UFC or old Pride fighters), these are the future of the sport and will one day be replaced by the next level of evolution.
    Im sure the visual peripheries of the cage as opposed to a more open style roped ring is something to get use to, but the good/great fighters train through this.
    As far as titles go, I may be wrong but ex-pride fighters hold 2 belts no? Anderson Silva and Jackson?

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    The first round was not even close to a draw. This is just wishful thinking. As for a "Pride curse", it is not a curse. It is just that every Pride fan has been talking shit for years about how Pride guys would kick the shit out of UFC fighters. Pride has been given the chance to prove this right. But besides Rampage(an American I might add), Pride's ex-fighters have been beaten one after the other. Not only has Pride been disbanded, it's fighters are getting their asses handed to them in the UFC. It must suck to be part of the Pride religion these days. It must suck even more to resort to making excuses for why these guys keep getting beat.......
    Pride has 2 belts right now.

Rampage and Silva.

Fedor would have obviously been a 3rd.

I think Pride is doing fine.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    The judges are about as ignorant as my next door neighbour when it comes to MMA. For ****s sake two scored it 30-27.
    Exactly, I'd give the edge to Chuck barely in the first, then Wandy, and then Chuck the third. 30-27 scores were ridiculous considering both of these guys were one good strike away from being out in EVERY round.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Great fight, just goes to show you that reach in a striking fights really does have an advantage. I tell you, both fighter took some real good shots, but boy Chuck didn't look fazed too much from Wandys bombs and Wandy did a great job of holding on when hurt.

Favorite part of the fight.....When Chuck knocked Wandy back into the fence, then Chuck came in for the finish and Wandy threw a 6 punch combo right back....fuc'n great !!!!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.R.D View Post
    Great fight, just goes to show you that reach in a striking fights really does have an advantage. I tell you, both fighter took some real good shots, but boy Chuck didn't look fazed too much from Wandys bombs and Wandy did a great job of holding on when hurt.

Favorite part of the fight.....When Chuck knocked Wandy back into the fence, then Chuck came in for the finish and Wandy threw a 6 punch combo right back....fuc'n great !!!!!
    That was impressive, Wandy was unloading while he was pinned against the fence...it was like he was waiting for him to come in.

I would have liked to see Wandy charge in a little more though. I know that is how you loose to chuck...but Wandy obviously can take a few hits.

Trojan Horse is offline New Member
    Nice fight. Silva has a good chin.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    In pride chuck would have been done at the very end of the first round. He took wandy down, and wandy was about to upkick him with his heel right under chucks chin and the ref started yelling no kicking. The rules definitly hurt some of the pride fighters, but it definitle hurts wandy the most with his awesome knees and kicks from all angles.

RBIZZY is offline Member
    Okay, First Off Silva Took Hit After Hit From Chuck And Still Was Standing, Not Many Can Say They Have Done That.... And Silva Got Chuck A Few Times, Do You Remeber When Silva Hit Chuck So Hard He Went Back And Almost Fell And Gave Silva That Look That Seemed To Say, " Damn That Hurt!" Not To Mention The Two Times Silva Knocked Chuck To The Ground. Now Im Not Saying Chuck Is A Bad Fighter, He Won Hands Down, But Damn That Was A Good Fight. Silva Was A Beast In The Cage. Round 1: Chuck Barely, Round 2: Silva Hands Down, Round Three: Chuck ..... But We All Know What Will Happen Next, Chuck Will Get A Fight A Few More Fights, Get A Shot At Jackson Again, And Then Jackson Will Knock The Crap Out Of Him A Third Time, And Chuck Will Then Retire.....

Silva has the chin of a pitbull. I am still trying to figure out where the real Silva was at on fight night. I honestly thought that his aggression would overwhelm Liddel, but he did not have any that night........

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    I dont think it has anything to do with Pride, but moreso the evolution of the sport. A lot of the Pride fighters have not fought in almost a year and the rest of the MMA world is evolving. You take these new age fighters like GSP, Griffin etc... it doesnt matter who you put them up against (Current UFC or old Pride fighters), these are the future of the sport and will one day be replaced by the next level of evolution.
    Im sure the visual peripheries of the cage as opposed to a more open style roped ring is something to get use to, but the good/great fighters train through this.
    As far as titles go, I may be wrong but ex-pride fighters hold 2 belts no? Anderson Silva and Jackson?

You could not be further from the truth. It has nothing to do with evolution of the sport. The sport does not evolve so much that if a fighter has 1yr off that he has been passed by.

The results have everything to do with the environment of the UFC. Fighting in a ring versus a cage are completely different. In a ring, you can cut your opponent off and trap him in a corner alot easier whereas in the Octagon, there are no corners.

The Octagon is much bigger than the ring as well. All of that on top of the new rules make the difference.

Silva has the chin of a pitbull. I am still trying to figure out where the real Silva was at on fight night. I honestly thought that his aggression would overwhelm Liddel, but he did not have any that night........

Wanderlei wasn't aggressive? Might wanna go watch the fight again, last time I checked he was aggressive when he needed to be. He fought smart if you ask me. Sure he could have done a few things slightly different but he showed up and fought like an animal. He more than proved that he has alot more to offer this sport.

Another thing people seem to be forgetting is that most of the newly acquired fighters were given "warmup" fights.

Rampage got Marvin Eastman
    Nog got Herring
    Shogun got Forrest
    Gono got McCrory
    Anderson got Leben

Like Rampage said to Dana about Wanderlei "I bet he has the UFC jitters, I know I did".

I know I would hate to have the "UFC jitters" facing one of the best LHW's in the world. In typical Wanderlei fashion, he took the hard road and more than proved he has more left. I think when you look at it from that perspective you will appreciate his effort much more.

RBIZZY is offline Member
    i say rematch..... best two out of three... lets see who is really best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information