Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jonny101 is offline Associate Member

Anderson Silva What Now???

Who do you think he can fight now, hes beat evrybody,and he hasnt even gone the distance since 2004 against LEE MURRAY and we all know he will never fight again.
    the only person left in the world with any chance is MATT LINLAND and he wont fight for dana white(and IMO silver will smash him as well)

maybe he will have to go up a weight and fight at L.Heavy????
    people keep talking about G.S.P but who would match weight???

can anyone think of any good enough matchs for him???

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    i thought that paulo filo might make a decent opponent but after watching him get dominated for 2 rounds and hit a lucky arm bar wich was his only offense of the whole fight. maybe rashad evans can drop to middle, but anderson will walk through him and then we are back at square 1.

i personally would like to see him move up to 205, it will take him a while to get through that division. as well see how he offsets the power in that division.

before he moves up i would love to see him wipe the floor with frank shamrock and shut him up for good

RBD85 is offline Anabolic Member
    Most dont seem to agree with me but I thought travis lutter was going to put the spider away but silva escaped and got the win. I think it will take a good strong wrestler with amazing submission defence to take him. I dont see anyone standing with him at the moment.

lol yea would be good 2 him smash shamrock but we know that will never happen not while silvas in the ufc
    i dont think he will b strong enuf 4 205
    maybe bisping will giv him a fight now hes moved down to 185 doubt it tho

the more i watch the lutter fight the more i am impressed with silva. he is the only fighter i ve seen mounted getting punched in the face and still look like he was in control. i dont think it will be a wrestler if hindo couldnt do it, i think it will take a brawler with one punch via rampage and liddle. ufc better dig deep or the middle weight division will get boring (not to me i could watch silva all day)

Yushin Okami i think is the next person the ufc will throw at him just so he can avenge the loss(even tho it was dq)and he has been takeing out more or less evryone hes faced in ufc so he probly deserves a title shot,but its not the ufc's fault the middleweight division is in crisis in genral all over the world

looks like we will have 2 wait for the nex gen

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Give Patrick Cote a shot. He's got KO power.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ide love to see him and Liddel , be a great striking match up.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    id love to see him move to 205 also, but why would he do that? I ont think its in his best interest, unless the money is there. I think an angle puncher like lidell would be trouble for him

i think that wvand silva would be a better match b/c of his aggression. liddle would want to sit back and counter punch and with a man like anderson that does not miss with a punch, knee, kick i think it would work in AS favor. AS will be giving up 30 lbs. against any body in that division (walking around weight) and with a striker that is a huge differance.

wel yea wvand silva would be good but they would never fight day are realy good m8s
    i dont think cote is anywhere near silvas talent he would be stopd inside a min IMO

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny101 View Post
    lol yea would be good 2 him smash shamrock but we know that will never happen not while silvas in the ufc
    i dont think he will b strong enuf 4 205
    maybe bisping will giv him a fight now hes moved down to 185 doubt it tho
    Simply mentioning Shamrock and Silva in the same sentence is a disgrace to Silva! Those 2 Shamcock brothers should just join the WWE and call it a day! lol

Seriously though, It would be awesome to see a Spider/GSP or Spider/Iceman event some day!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't see why he would not be effective at 205. He finished off Henderson, and was pretty impressive about it and Hendo fights at 205 more than at 185.

IMO Liddle would get pummled by Anderson, Anderson is just too quick to get hit by a looping sloppy hook/jab, he'll beat him to that punch every time.

For some reason Anderson is the only fighter to really establish a Chute boxer type stule and use it effectivly. Shogun and Wandi used it so well in Pride fights, but niether have brought that similar style to the UFC.

I'll give Frank Shamrock credit too, I don't think Anderson would walk over him. Frank is honestly probably the best wrestler on the planet in his prime. He's very quick and very versitile, you can't leave a body part open because he can submit you with any part of your body.

Synyster is offline Associate Member
    yeah Silva/Okami would be the most logical fight. but who the hell knows who dana white will do.

BG
    Frank would also be a great match up, I never think of him because of that interview where White said he would never work with Frank. I don't think GSP would last long with Silva, he hits to hard, once GSP takes a few shots he's loses his aggressiveness, then Anderson would pick him apart, shit Serra's punch's put George down, Silva would kill him. He would eat a knee trying to shoot in.

Besides weight, I wonder how statisticaly Silva and Liddell would match up, now Im not saying he should fight at 205, but if every now and then he picked off top 2,3,4 guy at 205 would remind people he's not a fluke in a weak 185 lb class. I wouldn't put nothing past Silva now after Henderson, he made short work of him, something Rampage could'nt do. I wonder if Henderson had a hard time making weight, he didn't look sucked out.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Apparently his next fight he wants is a "BOXING" match against the legendary Roy Jones Jr.

It's not a joke either, lol.

I respect MMA fighters a ton, more than boxers. But I don't see how he could out box Roy Jones who is probably the most impressive pound for pound boxer in recent times...maybe ever.

Would be intresting and it might allow UFC fighters to cash in on a bigger purse like boxers do.

roy jones couldnt handle his high kicks, knees and ti clinch

who wants a boxing match with roy jones?? lol..... i find that funny. the only person with that kinda hand speed is floyd mayweather....even though mayweather hits like a bitch.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Apparently his next fight he wants is a "BOXING" match against the legendary Roy Jones Jr.

It's not a joke either, lol.

I respect MMA fighters a ton, more than boxers. But I don't see how he could out box Roy Jones who is probably the most impressive pound for pound boxer in recent times...maybe ever.

Would be intresting and it might allow UFC fighters to cash in on a bigger purse like boxers do.
    That would be interesting, just to see the difference in hand speed and footwork amongst mma vs boxing. I would pay to see it, but I would think Silva would have a hard time just throwing punchs, be hard to hold back those knees when theres an opening.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    roy jones couldnt handle his high kicks, knees and ti clinch
    It would have to be boxing rules as stated above.

i dont see the point in that tho,boxings completly diffrent andersons best place is in the clinch and u cnt do that in a boxing match plus like said b4 hes legs are like triggers they jus go off as a reaction lol

BG
    I gotta say though, Silva has fast , heavy hands, love to compare them to a boxer.

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    bothas are taking over babyyy

bothas???

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki99 View Post
    bothas are taking over babyyy
    thats funny and true as shyt!!!but there aint any brothas in the heavyweight division!!! LMAO!!! we got the light heavy weight and middle weight on lock!!!

rampages days are #. we will be seeing the first TUF champ forrest griffen.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    thats funny and true as shyt!!!but there aint any brothas in the heavyweight division!!! LMAO!!! we got the light heavy weight and middle weight on lock!!!
    haha rampage has only had 1 title defense dnt get 2 happy hes got a long way 2 go,but the welterweight n heavyweight r whiteys so even stevens
    n the hawians have 1 lol

o and check congos a heavweight

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Anderson needs to just move up and be the 1st to hold middleweight and light heavyweight titles in the UFC. He will destroy Rampage. They guy is 6'2" he can handle it, probably walks around 200lbs.

hey hey hey....stop hating on Rampage!! its no fluke that he's the champ. the dude has been up against the baddest dudes before. some he's won some and he's lost some. forrest is a cool dude but he has to learn how to COVER UP!!!! Rampage aint the man you want just go out and swing with. ask the Iceman!!!

im not hateing but hes only had 3 fights in ufc so far he shouldnt of had a title shot yet other ppl deserve it more haveing said that he has won all 3 of his fights.i cnt c forrest beating him yet but u never know

well according to dana white, Rampage earned the right. dont blame Rampage for beating the hell out of Chuck. true, there were alot of people waiting in the wings. but Chuck was kicking everybody's ass in the weight class already. i have to disagree that there were too many fighters that "deserved" to fight Chuck at that time. but Rampage VS Forrest will be an excellent match!! if u think about it, theres not too much of a difference between the two......think about it. they are both great wrestlers, great ground and pound, great stand up.....Forrest just better make sure he doesnt get his ass picked up and thrown over the cage. LOL!!!

BG
    Griffin would be a good match up for Rampage, but I would make him fight Jardine again ( hopefully win) for a confidence booster before facing the champ. Forrest is one of the only fighters of recent who gets better with every fight......even the ones he didnt win.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R.D View Post
    Griffin would be a good match up for Rampage, but I would make him fight Jardine again ( hopefully win) for a confidence booster before facing the champ. Forrest is one of the only fighters of recent who gets better with every fight......even the ones he didnt win.
    i second that!!! but dana white has the tendency to sometimes SHOCK us UFC fanatics. but again, just like in the Silva vs Hendo fight, i just hate to see two good guys fight. and Rampage and Forrest are excellent spokesmen for the sport.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Anderson needs to just move up and be the 1st to hold middleweight and light heavyweight titles in the UFC. He will destroy Rampage. They guy is 6'2" he can handle it, probably walks around 200lbs.
    Silva vs Vitor for the striking fight... they already said they wouldn't fight though... they train together, but darn that would be a good one. They probably already know who is the better or have an inclination. Maybe that is why vitor wants to get back in to ufc...cause he sees his boy dominating and he can whip him???

well as i stated many times, it's going to take a hell of a man to take that belt from anderson silva.

the only person i can c beating him is an unknown 1 that the ufc hasnt picked up yet
    i would of liked to see him fight lee murray again now after a few years more experiance and knowledge behind him(dnt get me wrong i dnt fink he would win but he hits so hard he can kn ock ne1 out)he's also the only person in recent years 2 go the distance with him

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    i second that!!! but dana white has the tendency to sometimes SHOCK us UFC fanatics. but again, just like in the Silva vs Hendo fight, i just hate to see two good guys fight. and Rampage and Forrest are excellent spokesmen for the sport.
    It seems as though it doesnt matter who really deserves to fight, its who will bring in more PPV, fuc it though, its great that we get to see all these great fighters go at so. But the weak cards suc, seems like they throw a good card out to get you hooked, then a shitty one to make up for the money they spent on the previous one.

i am excited about the new season of TUF, with rampage and griffin. they are the two funniest guys in mma (that can actually fight); and to have them coaching will be hilarious. is it just me or did forrest look huge when he faught shogun?

shogun isnt a really big dude anyways. rampage and griff just have big 205 frames.....i swear shogun could not have weigh in around 200. i mean look at houston alexander!!! that big mother looks like a heavyweight!!!

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    i really like forrest but i dont think he can handle rampage. rampage is too brute he might even cry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information