Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Synyster is offline Associate Member

The REAL Pound for Pound Best!!!

Miguel Cotto?
    Floyd Mayweather?
    Joe Calzaghe?

Who's your pick?

I say Miguel Cotto. only because Mayweather is duckin him!!

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    floyd until he is beaten. i mean he just took out the big show who was for times his weitht.

LOL!!! yeah whatever!!! well the three dudes i named are all undefeated. but Cotto still has my vote. hopefully there will be a Cotto/Mayweather fight next summer like HBO hinted at.

sprawlbrawl is offline Junior Member

Smile

i think gsp wuld kill any of thease guys in a real fight

FatalThoughts is offline Junior Member
    I agree with you Synyster. Cotto is a great fighter I've been following him for a while since his 3rd professional fight t0 be exact. He is very intelligent boxer uses his brain and strategy. I don't like his finishes for some reason. He is capable of more. I would love to see him fight Money Mayweather.
    And GSP I hate. I hope Matt Sarra will break his jaw this Saturday.

LOOK AT THIS PICTURE...THATS WHAT I THINK ABOUT GSP.
    Last edited by FatalThoughts; 04-15-2008 at 01:15 PM.

i havnt seen cotto fight, but anybody who will take out maywether i will pull for.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    floyd until he is beaten. i mean he just took out the big show who was for times his weitht.
    Are you serious? That's bullshit staged little kid show. In a real life fight Big Show will MURDER Floyd. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalThoughts View Post
    I agree with you Synyster. Cotto is a great fighter I've been following him for a while since his 3rd professional fight t0 be exact. He is very intelligent boxer uses his brain and strategy. I don't like his finishes for some reason. He is capable of more. I would love to see him fight Money Mayweather.

you must be from boston. how can you hate gsp?

Are you serious? That's bullshit staged little kid show. In a real life fight Big Show will MURDER Floyd. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.
    come on man, you got to give me more credit than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sprawlbrawl View Post
    i think gsp wuld kill any of thease guys in a real fight
    well im SPECIFICALLY talking about boxing....as you can see the three names i put up there.

i havnt seen cotto fight, but anybody who will take out maywether i will pull for.
    Sweet. In my opinion the BEST pound for pound fighter ROY JONES JR., I know they are in different weight categorys but Roy is a amazing boxer. And heavy weight is of course Vladymir Klitschko!!! I can't wait untill he unifies all the belts.
    And trust me it will happen.

TO HELL WITH KLITSCHKO!!!! can we get some american heavyweights to step up please!!!!????

come on man, you got to give me more credit than that.
    I hate him because he is that good. After he beat Matt Hughes the second time I was very dissapointed and I lost 500$. GSP is what I call TRUE WELL ROUNDED fighter. I'm Matt Hughes fan so of course I hate GSP . Honestly i wish i could figght him. I would take an ass whipping as long as I can land some of my bombs on him. And i'm from Washington DC..

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    well im SPECIFICALLY talking about boxing....as you can see the three names i put up there.
    you said pound for pound best you never said boxing

I hate him because he is that good. After he beat Matt Hughes the second time I was very dissapointed and I lost 500$. GSP is what I call TRUE WELL ROUNDED fighter. I'm Matt Hughes fan so of course I hate GSP . Honestly i wish i could figght him. I would take an ass whipping as long as I can land some of my bombs on him. And i'm from Washington DC..
    first of all never bet against gsp second you wouldnt land shit you would get knocked the **** out

TO HELL WITH KLITSCHKO!!!! can we get some american heavyweights to step up please!!!!????
    Lol American heavyweights like who? Please name some. There isn't any. Last unified heavyweight was Lennox Lewis who is British. And don't hate on Klitshko he is a good fighter. DR. Steel Hammer. By the way I'm Russian.

first of all never bet against gsp second you wouldnt land shit you would get knocked the **** out
    Aren't you tired of sucking GSP's cock? Damn dude give it a break.

the american heavyweights are non-existent now a days. i thought a one time Chris Byrd and that dude with the blonde dreads had a reall chance of putting their names into the pot.

lol is that all u can come up with lol come on what are you 15 give me a break

for a guy who dont like him you sure try to look like him, same tatto you look like his brother lol or sister

for a guy who dont like him you sure try to look like him, same tatto you look like his brother lol or sister
    Dude..Thats not GSP that's me with tattoos. First picture just regular work out. Second where GSP is me after i did a cycle of 1TEST pro-hormones by vpx.
    Gsp doesn't have tattoos by the way

How do I edit avatar? Pls help. I want to put a pic in there.

Talking

Synyster what do you think about. Rampage vs Forrest? Give me a realistic answer.

Dude..Thats not GSP that's me with tattoos. First picture just regular work out. Second where GSP is me after i did a cycle of 1TEST pro-hormones by vpx.
    Gsp doesn't have tattoos by the way
    actually gsp has the same tat on his left pec,i now that anit you
    Last edited by sprawlbrawl; 04-14-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Synyster what do you think about. Rampage vs Forrest? Give me a realistic answer.
    go to the top rigth hand corner of the screen and click on "Quick Links". Then click "Edit Profile". Then look to your left and you will see "Edit Avatar". well im a Rampage fan but at teh same time Forrest is a preety good guy himself. i HONESTLY think that Forrest is going to try to stand and bang with Rampage......and thats not gonna be healthy for Forrest.

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    i think calzaghe is the best personaly,if he beats hopkins then imo he clearly is 11 years as champion!come on man thats unbeliveble
    i agrre jones jnr is in dare somewhere,and he said if calzaghe beats hopkins he would love to fight him as he is the only man with a shot against him(he was on sherdog radio)

so jones jr is planning a possible comeback.....hell id watch any of his matches!! its never a boring at his fights.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member

you think about bobby boushay when you think about GSP? that first pic bro, seriously WTF. I really am not trying to flame bro but I dont understand that post as relates to your pics? you look like your pooping? But how does someone not like GSP? he is a class act, very good athelete and respectable, he is a true sprotsman.

gsp actually has two tatts. one on his chest and another on his calve.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Miguel Cotto?
    Floyd Mayweather?
    Joe Calzaghe?

Who's your pick?

I say Miguel Cotto. only because Mayweather is duckin him!!

Cotto hands down.. Did you watch his fight against Gomez last Sat?? Wow, I mean, he totally outclassed/outboxed a respected fighter... He is at the top of his game.. After the fight everyone was waiting for him to call out PrettyGirl but as the world class fighter that he is he maintained his poise and responded by saying "I'm just a fighter and am not scared of anyone... I'll leave the rest up to my promoters"..

Everyone knows that the more Mayweather continues to dodge Cotto it will only further validate who the better fighter is.. Cotto will run thru Margaritto in a few months, and if Prettygirl wants to stop being such a money hungry lil biatch we see it happen early in 09'..

gsp actually has two tatts. one on his chest and another on his calve.
    your right quebec symbol on his calf

Roy Jones Jr. been made his comeback. He beat TRINIDAD 3 months ago.

i dont mean to upset any of my puerto ricans brothas in here but tito isnt the man i used to be. either way roy jones jr still put on a clinic!!!! LOL!!!! it must suck to get ya ass beat by B Hop and then Roy Jones......damn......

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I swear you guys are smokin crack. You all are letting your personal dislike of PBF get in the way of proper perspective. Cotto is a great fighter but he has obvious flaws and has been downed several times. Gomez was a product of hype and would never match up againt a top A-list fighter.

PBF has all the tools. He doesn't get hit, is smart in the ring, and plays the bad guy well enough to make huge money. Not to mention he's convingly beat every fighter he's faced. Baldomir tested him the first fight but he cae back and convincingly beat the guy. He's simply the best of this generation.

As far as him ducking Cotto, I don't hear Cotto yelling for the fight either. As a matter of fact even Larry Merchant wondered why Cotto leaves it to his hangers-on to call PBF out.

Mayweather is at the top of the game and he goes where the money is, after the Cotto/Margarito fight, I guaratee the winner of that fight can command a 10-20 million dollar payday for Floyd...then he'll fight. The man has nothing to prove to anyone. Speed, power, ring generalship. All the tools necessary for greatness. He's undefeated and if you don't recognize the man's greatness you are simply blinded by your dislike of the man.

And as far as GSP, why even bring that up. DIFFERENT SPORT AND DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASS. Quit sucking the mans dick!

Floyd is the man, whether you like him or not, there is no more talented fighter. All this hatred of Floyd reminds me of the sae hatred people had for Ali and 20-30yrs later, now just about everyone (including the people who completely hated the man) agree he was the greatest of all time. I distinctively remember all you cats saying the same shit before PBF fought Judah, Dela Hoya, and Hatton. Then after he won, nothin but bullshit excuses for why he won. Now when he beats Cotto, and he will beat Cotto, I'm wondering what will be yalls excuse then.

As a matter of fact, I will venture to say Cotto (and I'm a huge fan) will lose to Margarito because Cotto doesn't deal as well with busy, fast fighters (Mosely). Margarito is constantly busy, iron chin, with decent power. A stylistic mismatch for Cotto.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    I think its pretty close between Calzaghe and Mayweather.
    Obviously it will come down to the next few fights, for me Floydd has always been up there, but its Joe whos proved me wrong and delivered the goods when called on.
    I now like him as a fighter and personality, hes honest and afraid of no one, hasnt ducked anyone and has put away everyone whos stepped up to him.

Roy Jones Jr.... well i can only assume he wasnt in the original question because hes no where in sight.
    For me a fighter who ducks number one contenders and moves up weight divisions and talks stupid money for title defences is nobody , hes no pound for pound fighter. Yes he is good, he has skill and all the likes but one thing he lacks is heart, unlike Benn, Collins, Eubank, Hopkins etc. If you are talking about Jones Jr then you have to consider the above also, Jones wont be in the top tier of those fighters though.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I swear you guys are smokin crack. You all are letting your personal dislike of PBF get in the way of proper perspective. Cotto is a great fighter but he has obvious flaws and has been downed several times. Gomez was a product of hype and would never match up againt a top A-list fighter.

PBF has all the tools. He doesn't get hit, is smart in the ring, and plays the bad guy well enough to make huge money. Not to mention he's convingly beat every fighter he's faced. Baldomir tested him the first fight but he cae back and convincingly beat the guy. He's simply the best of this generation.

As far as him ducking Cotto, I don't hear Cotto yelling for the fight either. As a matter of fact even Larry Merchant wondered why Cotto leaves it to his hangers-on to call PBF out.

Mayweather is at the top of the game and he goes where the money is, after the Cotto/Margarito fight, I guaratee the winner of that fight can command a 10-20 million dollar payday for Floyd...then he'll fight. The man has nothing to prove to anyone. Speed, power, ring generalship. All the tools necessary for greatness. He's undefeated and if you don't recognize the man's greatness you are simply blinded by your dislike of the man.

And as far as GSP, why even bring that up. DIFFERENT SPORT AND DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASS. Quit sucking the mans dick!

Floyd is the man, whether you like him or not, there is no more talented fighter. All this hatred of Floyd reminds me of the sae hatred people had for Ali and 20-30yrs later, now just about everyone (including the people who completely hated the man) agree he was the greatest of all time. I distinctively remember all you cats saying the same shit before PBF fought Judah, Dela Hoya, and Hatton. Then after he won, nothin but bullshit excuses for why he won. Now when he beats Cotto, and he will beat Cotto, I'm wondering what will be yalls excuse then.

As a matter of fact, I will venture to say Cotto (and I'm a huge fan) will lose to Margarito because Cotto doesn't deal as well with busy, fast fighters (Mosely). Margarito is constantly busy, iron chin, with decent power. A stylistic mismatch for Cotto.
    you always say what everyone else does dont you have your own mind

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post

dude cotto asked for a fight last year during an interview on HBO!!! lol..... he made it loud and clear!!!! floyd is the one that hasnt responded. and his fight with margarito will be one for teh ages but just because it looks like a mismatch ON PAPER....doesnt mean shit when they step in the ring.

you always say what everyone else does dont you have your own mind
    where did anyone else say that? So far I'm the only one who has stated this on the forum. I'm a real boxing fan not someone who lives in a make believe world of tough guys w/spartan mentality. I enjoy boxing as a sport and am pretty knowledgeable about it. I enjoy debating cats who try to dispute someones talent because they don't lik the guys personality. Those are usually weak arguments.

Synister, watch the tape again dude, he said he would like to fight PBF because he's the champ, he reiterated his desire to be champion and will fight anyone with the belt. At that point (early last year, late 06), why would PBF consider Cotto when at he had fought worth mentioning was Judah?

Someone mentioned Roy Jones Jr. He can't be considered P4P today, but in his prime (90s) there was no better talent in boxing. Check the stats. He was simply amazing and awe-inspiring to watch. His athleticism and unconventional style was unmatched. He suffered from a lack of competition in his division for years. The only fighters worth fighting then were Hopkins (whom he beat) and James Toney (again he defeated).

JOE Calzagne is a rare talent, but P4P, not yet. The only notable names worth mentioning were Lacey and Kessler. He's yet to fight away from home and he is a pitter patter type fighter (lots of punches with nothing on them). He reminds me of the Cuban olympic fighters. If anyone knows anything about Oly boxing its about punches thrown and landed and not effective blows. Calzagne's gotta blow out Hopkins and then beat Pavlik in order to be P4P to me. Still a great talent though.

bigmc is see where you are coming from with floyd, and agree with most of your post except that floyd knows how to play the bad guy to get paid. we all know that he is just that stupid and arrogant, but i dont know who, if anybody, can beat him right now. and p4p is at the top of the boxing food chain.

bigmc is see where you are coming from with floyd, and agree with most of your post except that floyd knows how to play the bad guy to get paid. we all know that he is just that stupid and arrogant, but i dont know who, if anybody, can beat him right now. and p4p is at the top of the boxing food chain.
    See that's exactly what Floyd wants you to believe. I live in Vegas and I see what Floyd does outside the limelight. He's brilliant businessman and does a lot of charity work within the community, especially for the boys and girls club of southern nevada. He's far from stupid and selfish, but in a sport where everyone wants a goodlooking pretty boy man-of-the-people, someone has to be the bad guy and floyd knows that better than anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information