Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WDMF is offline Associate Member

Anderson Silva retirement

Anderson Silva states the following:

“I’ll retire next year, I already gave my all. I don’t need to prove anything for anyone and within one year I’ll put my gloves aside.”

– UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva — the man who tells company president Dana White that he wants to fight more often — sounds like he may be bored. And who can blame him if the promotion doesn’t get him someone who will take him beyond the second round. Let’s hope something has been lost in translation or that he gets some money fights in the loaded light heavyweight division … fast. Real fast.

So what about this scenario.....Silva ups to 205 and Couture drops back down to 205? How many PPVs do you think this fight would draw? What is the likeliness of this fight?

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    No way Randy drops back to 205. He wants Fedor and then hes done. Hes already said it...

And Anderson can say that now, but if Cote pulls a "Serra", you know he will not just walk away.

I think hell eventually stay at 205, i mean, hes CLEANED house in 185... Besides guys who fight for different orgs., there is no one left. And we all know how like UFC doesnt cross-promote.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Anderson can fight for many more years, but he doesnt want to do that because he wants to make his money fast and start focusing on running his gym with Nog and making big money and living the American dream of the foreigner who over-acheives in the US.

There is no point of him hanging out in the UFC until some newb pulls a fluke win over him and destroys the whole accomplishment of what he's done so far.

And a fight with Roy Jones JR. has already gotten Roy's attention and it will make Anderson more money from Losing than his entire career in MMA.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44 View Post
    Anderson can fight for many more years, but he doesnt want to do that because he wants to make his money fast and start focusing on running his gym with Nog and making big money and living the American dream of the foreigner who over-acheives in the US.

There is no point of him hanging out in the UFC until some newb pulls a fluke win over him and destroys the whole accomplishment of what he's done so far.

And a fight with Roy Jones JR. has already gotten Roy's attention and it will make Anderson more money from Losing than his entire career in MMA.
    Exactly, get out when the gettings good.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

False Positive is offline Junior Member
    I wish we could keep him around forever but i just hope he goes out with a bang. I don't want to see him go out fighting cote, okami, houston alexander, and marquart. How about a hendo rematch, wandy, and chuck?

Hell get his chance with Hendo again... Thats gonna be a great rematch. Two legends at the end of their careers putting it on the line.

How awesome is that?

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    A Hendo rematch should be a good one.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Way to young to retire, he got plenty of fight left in him.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member

Whoo hoo!!! ^^^

BG
    ^^^Good news. Maybe his last 3 fights some of the top guys at 205 might want to take a shot at him.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    You said it BG i would like some more 205's to take a shot at him, James Irvin was a tough competitor but he wasnt really even top 20 in a division as deep as the 205 is, a real tests for Anderson would be against Rampage/Liddel/Wanderlei if he wants to add more "Legendary" to his credentials.

BG
    ^^^Yup even a loss or two at the end of a great career against the best in the world would be better then retiring undefeated against sub par fighters imo. Hopefully AS and a few top guys will step up. I don't think he scared of anybody.

Excellent news! I am very glad to have him for another 18 months. I am torn with what I want to see him do. Part of me would love to see him dominate the way no else does and just dispose of every 185lb fighter on the planet. The other part wants to see him bang it out with the greats at 205. Unfortunately, fighting that caliber of fighter at 205 would no doubt leave a dent or ding on his record and to the casual fan ruin some of his legacy. Either way its great to have the spider for 2 more years!

I think hes done at 185 after this... I mean, maybe a rematch with Hendo, but thats about it...

I think that he knows he has to step up to 205 and fight bigger better fighters to truley go down as the best ever.

Along with Paulo Filho coming to the UFC (very soon?!), i think AS will step up and stay at 205.

You think? I think Hendo fights smart and takes the rematch. I bet you $20 Sonnen beats Filho and he falls off the face of the earth. I know you have the BTT ties so no disrespect but that is my feeling.

Ill take that bet... Sonnen has CRAP JJ... Good standup and GREAT wrestling.

Filho has HORRIBLE standup, good wrestling and WORLD CLASS BJJ...

If he can get Sonnen to the ground, fights over. Even off his back(just like last time ) hes gonna tap Sonnen.

Hendo is the only guy who can beat AS at 185 IMO. Since Ely and AS wont fight each other.

Well then the bet is on. How do you feel Filho would do against larger framed middleweights like Marquardt or even against BJJ phenoms like Damien Maia? Also what is up with your boy Arona? I would love to see him fight again.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by False Positive View Post
    Also what is up with your boy Arona? I would love to see him fight again.
    Ive been wondering this also.

Now not to veer off topic but Arona had to be juicing, to what extent I dont know but maybe he needed some time to get strong naturaly again? Or do you guys know why he hasnt been around? Hope he's as tough as he used to be, look at what happened to Vitor.

Hes gonna be in action in 09'... Thats all i feel comfortable saying.

I see Filho imposing he gameplan on everyone reguardless of who it is...

Hes not gonna wanna stand with Marquardt obviously, and Filho has far superior BJJ.

Same thing with Maia. I see that fight as a BJJ fest. I dont think either one is better than the other. They are both world class. I think if Filho gets on top, the fights over due to GnP.
    Last edited by WARMachine; 09-25-2008 at 12:17 PM.

^^^ I can honestly tell you, that personally, ive never seen him juice. We've never discussed steroids . And i really dont think he has been. Its no secret everyone thinks so, but i know from him being a friend ive spent time with, hes never once brought it up. And i mean, everyone in my camp suspects i have before, so if he was gonna ask one guy, it'd be me im sure...

Vitor Belfort on the other hand, has juiced. Its beyond obvious, not to mention him acutally testing positive. Hes not the same fighter he was without it physically.

Although, Vitor has to be one of the most physically talented fighters ive ever trained with. His problem has always been mental. The death of his sister really sent him over the edge, since then, he really hasnt been the same.

BG
    [QUOTE=war4BTT;4221527]^^^ I can honestly tell you, that personally, ive never seen him juice. We've never discussed steroids . And i really dont think he has been. Its no secret everyone thinks so, but i know from him being a friend ive spent time with, hes never once brought it up. And i mean, everyone in my camp suspects i have before, so if he was gonna ask one guy, it'd be me im sure...[QUOTE]

Thats great if he didnt, imo theres no place for it, either your tough and a fighter or not. I know it doesnt make or break a fighter, but the right drugs can give you and advantage you dont have naturally. If he is natural, he's a strong ,tough guy for sure. Ide love to see him fight again.

My 2 cents, Lindland suc's balls . Cant believe he tagged Fedor and Fedor didnt take it to him, he should have passed on that arm bar lol.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He'll retire then come back for a big money fight.

Just look at Vitor when he was 19! That kid had an upper back like no one i have ever seen in ring or cage for that matter. Arona is a big boy for sure but i don't find it that much of a reach that he hasn't juiced. If I had to guess where Arona would end up I would say Affliction??? The UFC does generally not reward grind it out decision fighters no matter how good they are....look at Lindland. And just for the record Lindland beats Filho and Arona.

^^^ No chance ever...

Lindland would get tooled by either. He wouldnt beable to get Ricardo to the ground, and Filho could pull guard and catch an arm.

Lindland has been taped by Murilo (which i was there for!), and Ricardo is bigger, and stronger than Murilo. Not to mention Paulo is as well...

Lindland's only hope is to stand, and if you watched his last fight, you know he doesnt wanna do that.

God I hope that we get chance to have one of us be wrong. I stick by my guns on this one though. You are right about Murilo though. No one, not Fedor or Rampage, was able to light him up the way Busta did that night. Dirty Dan got revenge but one could be ruled a head but and the other one was just to close to call. Murilo is amazing but he seems to be a bigger head case than Vitor. We can cover the Lindland discussing after Sonnen beats Filho because I have worked out with both and seen them work out and its not close.

No doubt that Lindland is boring. Just something about that dude that can make any matchup dull but he can fight for sure. I think he hangs with any 205'r and beats every 185'r out there.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Looks like the retirement talk is going on again. Straight from Andersons mouth. He is saying he's going to finish his 6 fight contract and hopefully retire by june 2009.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1813299.ece

There is also a video on mmamania.com

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that same video was on sherdog. I hate to see him go but you have to admire the way he is doing it. With that in mind he looks to have a very busy 09' if he is going to cram in all 6 fights. Here is what I would love to see in his last 6......

1. Cote....Good night Patrick
    2. Okami....Revenge for the upkick DQ
    3. Henderson...the rematch we all want to see
    4. Rampage....Power vs. Skill
    5. Liddell....Banger vs. Silky Smooth Striker
    6. Griffen or Evans for the belt....Finish an amazing career with both belts

I realize that short of the first I am probably dreaming but you can always hope right? Another possibilty is a revenge match against Sonnen at 185 after Sonnen beats Filho...sorry BTT.

Funny... ^^^

Sonnen is gonna get eaten alive just watch...

That is terrible new about AS.

I love watching that guy fight. It shame he would think of calling it quits so soon.

I will change my name to BTT's bitch if Sonnen loses. Fair?

Deal...

That's only a deal if you put something on the line as well. Team Quests' Bitch?

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    There is no way Dana White will let a brazilian dude retire with the belt. If it was an american fighter ( I doubt that too) but no outsider. Its bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFEDOR View Post
    There is no way Dana White will let a brazilian dude retire with the belt. If it was an american fighter ( I doubt that too) but no outsider. Its bad for business.
    Do you have a problem with Brazilians or something? First the comment about Arona vs. Fedor fight, now this...

Dude you are kidding me right?

Anderson Silva is the P4P best fighter in the world. (Im sure you will comment with something about how great Fedor is after this but w/e)

The point is hes the best. In case you didnt know, Dana doesnt fight. Its not up to him if AS loses or wins. And if AS doesnt lose, he will retire with the belt.

Man go back to Sherdog.com
    Last edited by WARMachine; 10-16-2008 at 09:30 PM.

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    You are wrong about me war. I have no problem with brazilians. Moreover, I believe that brazilian girls are among the best in the world. Dana White does care about letting the outsider from another country retire with the belt. Oh and Fedor has nothing to do with anything here lol . Although, I know what kind of contract he was offered and it would've been an insult for you if u were in his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Do you have a problem with Brazilians or something? First the comment about Arona vs. Fedor fight, now this...

Dude you are kidding me right?

Anderson Silva is the P4P best fighter in the world. (Im sure you will comment with something about how great Fedor is after this but w/e)

The point is hes the best. In case you didnt know, Dana doesnt fight. Its not up to him if AS loses or wins. And if AS doesnt lose, he will retire with the belt.

Man go back to Sherdog.com

Sorta like Brett Hart and the WWF? I hear you and I actually agree. Again all those fights listed are a pipe dream but we can always hope, right? I just don't want to see him end his career with a Irvin rematch and have his last fight be against Stephan Boner

Ouch with the Sherdog comment! I will say though that this message is light years ahead from that website short of the breaking news.

Fedor is ducking Kimbo

^^^ lol...

If he even entertained the idea of fighting him my respect would have been in the shitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information