Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NewMuscle83 is offline Member

icepick27 is offline Member
    Read my post I said he gave up 50 million to compete at the highest levle footbal , ufc either or he still turned down a big contract with the wwe , that was prolly worth more rhen his ufc contract ,my point was he sacerficed money to compete ..when is fedor going to do that ?? He's great , but he has to make that switch ,,

Listen , people are not getting my point .I love watching fedor ,he's great but he can't be p4p ,if he don't start fighing top guys at ther top of the food chain in the heavy weights , and not Aa ,tim silyva, barnent is going to be his first time he breaks a sweat in a while ,even though ,fedor might punch a hole through his head ,but lesnar,carwin,mirr,cain v, and couture are better then barrnet hands down , as a fan i rather see that ?? And like I said he might smash those guys (doubt it),but who knows?? O and we should change this thread to fedor p4p???
    Last edited by icepick27; 05-13-2009 at 10:25 AM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    but lesnar,carwin,mirr,cain v, and couture are better then barrnet hands down
    The only one who'd give Barnett trouble is Lesnar ... other than that he'd run through all those guys ... and he's already beaten Couture once.

barnett is not that good ,i think he gets smashed by lesnar, carwin,kongo and cain v , he still is top[ 10 but not on fedors level or brocks

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    ^Wrong on all accounts

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^ Ditto.

Cain is the most OVERRATED fighter in the UFC.

The guy has had like 6 fights.

Kongos ground game sucks, and thats where Josh is best. As for Carwin, eh...

Lesnar is the only one who poses a threat to Josh. And an even lesser threat to Fedor.

That division in the UFC is a junk show. We are led to believe that Kongo is the real deal? Carwin is big and strong and thats it.

^ Carwin and Lesnar are gonna be the big dogs in that division.

Kongo has been exposed. Cain doesnt impress me. Hes small for HW as well.

Good post ,war ,but I stil think carwin wins pretty easy against barrnet,and the ufcs heavy weights are the future of that division ..not like all the old has beens every were else all them guys in affliction been to the top of the moutin and just couldn't do northing when they got there,they shot there load (except fedor)
    Last edited by icepick27; 05-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.

^ Carwin is like 33 or something isnt he? So is Lesnar.

These guys dont have too much longer

I give up

Carwin can wlak through affliction ,except fedor...o wait no maybe big ben rothwell can beat him haha ,

Arlovski beats him. Barnett beats him. Sylvia might beat him. Gonzaga beats him in a rematch. Fedor wrecks him.

He can probably beat Roy Nelson and Bunetello though if that makes you feel better

Brown you are nutz dude , he has been crushing people in the first round ,and honestlt I think gabe gonzoga ,can prolly walk through that divison and he smashed him ,fedor is the only superstar there ,and barrnet is good ,

southmadejd is offline Member
    Watch the fight again.....Carwin was very close to being KTFO before he caught Gonzaga....not taking anything away from the guy, a win is a win. But I am not ready to say he can beat top guys just because he knocked out Gonzaga after Gonzaga was slapping him silly.

Carwin can't beat AA because stand up Arlovski will own him and Carwin wont be able to take Arlovski down. Barnett would let Carwin take him down and then sub him so I don't think Carwin has a chance against either one of those guys.

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Watch the fight again.....Carwin was very close to being KTFO before he caught Gonzaga....not taking anything away from the guy, a win is a win. But I am not ready to say he can beat top guys just because he knocked out Gonzaga after Gonzaga was slapping him silly.

Carwin can't beat AA because stand up Arlovski will own him and Carwin wont be able to take Arlovski down. Barnett would let Carwin take him down and then sub him so I don't think Carwin has a chance against either one of those guys.
    I have to agree. I thought for sure Gonzaga had that one until that short punch landed. Carwins heavy hands are probably some of the only ones that probably coulda accomplished that in such a short range. But he was'nt looking too hot in that fight.

Werdum could beat Carwin. Kharitinov might be able to as well. Carwin could beat Kimbo Slice though

Id actually love to see that shit for kicks

Werdum would tool Carwin if he came in shape like he did against GG.

BJ Penn could beat Carwin

Brandon Lee Hinkle could beat Carwin

Brandon Vera can beat Carwin

last time i check hes still undefeated , and beat gg way easier then verdom who got his balls beat in the last time he fought ,o and by the way he was built like a 65 year old woman too

why no love for carwin ? hes got the best camp ,the size , strength and hes a true athlete

Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    why no love for carwin ? hes got the best camp ,the size , strength and hes a true athlete
    I like watching Carwin fight. He is good. His fighting skills i think arent great tho. He just has those hand and that power behind em that get him outta trouble. Gonzaga i believe underestimated that power and got caught. Carwin no doubt is no push over. But Gonzaga was takin him to school until he got caught. I keep rewinding and i still cant believe how short that blow traveled and did that damage. CRAZY SHIT! I do think tho that if they were to fight again Gonzaga would most probably win. I dont think tho that either can touch Fedor.

I agree , biohazrd , iam still a fan of carwins , and I still think he's def,goiong to climb the up the ladder

He no doubt has the potential but i do not believe he is there yet. I think he might get cain next if he wins and then maybe a shot at the strap if he pulls that out. Will be interesting

i think he ,might jump right into to a title shot ?? not that he is owed a shot yet ,but i think he will be more of a ppv draw cause of his size and build ,lesnar got a shot ??who knows ?plus the fans love when two monsters go at it

if Lesnar lost do you see Carwin beating Mir?

Good question . I think he can if he sticks to his game plan ,or catches him ,he def has better stand up and gets better and better every time he steps out there ,but if it goes to the ground ,I can't see carwin not getting tapped ,but it all depends on what mirr showes up too ,if I was betting money I would take carwin ,cause he would probaly be the under dog ,carwin ko ,

agreed and I would love to see Mir get knocked out

Mir would def lose the stand up but i dont think Mir would even consider trying to stand. that fight would go to the floor in 20 seconds or less. Mir will use most of his energy if he had to in this situation just to get this guy down. If he tried to stand for even a bit he'd be a moron.

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    i hate coming into the good threads so late....

im a forrest fan, he's fun to watch in and out of the ring, he's entertaining, he appeals to anybody who appreciates gameness.....

but....i also have at the least, a fundamental concept of mma...which prevents me from thinking that forrest has anything more than a "punchers chance" at winning...(its mma, ANYBODY can win with 1 mistake).....what makes forest fun to watch, is also what makes Anderson a HUGE favorite.....FG has HORRIBLE stand up defense, he is not afraid to stand in there and bang...AS is a HIGHLY SKILLED counter puncher with the best accuracy i have ever seen in MMA.....as far as the ground and pound.....AS has enough BJJ to avoid any trouble on the ground....

oh...and just seeing somebody type in Kongo's name in this thread got me all red faced....i cant stand that guy and think he is nothing more than genetic athlete who learned some kickboxing...that man is NOT a "fighter"....just an athlete punching a time clock to get paid.....

you should fight Kongo

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    i thumbwrestled him twice to a draw...

although, is he in the new UFC game? i might have to virtually sodomize him

PAPY2000 is offline New Member
    Silva is faster and hard to corner. Forrest is a worker and tough, but his speed (or lack there of) will certainly be a factor. Silva is also a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu, so his ground game is pretty tight.

I'm going with Silva, though Forrest is a scrapper I'm leaning towards Silva. However it ends up, it will be entertaining.
    ================================================== =======
    bad credit mortgage lender uk
    debt consolidation

PAPY2000 is offline New Member
    Big Show vs Kofi Kingston
    The Great Khali vs Santino Marella
    Gail Kim vs Michelle McCool
    Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes vs The Colons
    Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy Stretcher Match
    John Cena vs Edge World Heavyweight Championship
    ================================================== ====
    bad credit mortgage lender uk
    debt consolidation

Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    i hate coming into the good threads so late....

im a forrest fan, he's fun to watch in and out of the ring, he's entertaining, he appeals to anybody who appreciates gameness.....

but....i also have at the least, a fundamental concept of mma...which prevents me from thinking that forrest has anything more than a "punchers chance" at winning...(its mma, ANYBODY can win with 1 mistake).....what makes forest fun to watch, is also what makes Anderson a HUGE favorite.....FG has HORRIBLE stand up defense, he is not afraid to stand in there and bang...AS is a HIGHLY SKILLED counter puncher with the best accuracy i have ever seen in MMA.....as far as the ground and pound.....AS has enough BJJ to avoid any trouble on the ground....

oh...and just seeing somebody type in Kongo's name in this thread got me all red faced....i cant stand that guy and think he is nothing more than genetic athlete who learned some kickboxing...that man is NOT a "fighter"....just an athlete punching a time clock to get paid.....
    Toaltly agree with u about the fight and with congo ,I just think that the ufc has so much more depth then affliction ,and anywhere else
    Affliction will fold pretty soon ,what do they hold an event once a year ?? There done

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information