Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    bump!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    It didn't need it asshole

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    the greatest boxer o all time cant beat any mma fighter in the top ten ,not a shot in hell ,the striking is toatlly differnt some one who is sucsesful in boxing wont do shit in mma they would probaly loose in 30 seconds ,now if the take what the know from boxing and learn wrestling bjj,mutai,and the rest of the arts for 5 to ten years maybe they got a shot ,but no boxer can step in the ring only knowing boxing and get out of the first rounD NOT A SHOT IN HELL.......
    Jesus. 5-10 years? There have been a ton of MMA'ers who have trained for far less.

Whats Mutai?

I've heard of Muay Thai but never Mutai? Is it some form of grappling?

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    it involves the checking of oil and dick stomps

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    i think marquez gets my vote here!

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    I am pumped for this fight. I want Marquez to win so bad but what Marquez does well, Mayweather does better and hes bigger.

I think Marquez will win a few rounds though but early than will fade late.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ill go with Mayweather......stopage in the 6th

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Mayweather is too fast and also he a huge advantage fighting at this weight. Marquez has wide open leaky defence and Floyd will make him pay.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Mayweather is too fast and also he a huge advantage fighting at this weight. Marquez has wide open leaky defence and Floyd will make him pay.
    come on redz....what do you predict??

I think its going to end in a very similar fashion to the Hatton fight. Multiple knock downs with a vicous finish in the 9th or 10th round.

ACJiujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Mayweather couldn't make weight,LOL! Lets hope that he is not taking Marquez seriously. My hope is Marquez wins,but Mayweather probably will

Floyd actually made the 147lb weight limit there was just an additional aggreement they would pay a six figure amount for every pound above 144lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Floyd actually made the 147lb weight limit there was just an additional aggreement they would pay a six figure amount for every pound above 144lbs.
    Yeah, 300,000 a lb or something like that,crazy. It actually helps Marquez because he's making 2 mil. So 2.6 mil is alot better.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    i think maywether will win sadly, i hate the bloke. on the brightside...we will all see the pac man destroy him shortly

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think he stands a chance honestly. Mayweather will be to much for him..

Did you guys see him drink his own piss though?? That's ****ing nutz

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dan View Post
    i think maywether will win sadly, i hate the bloke. on the brightside...we will all see the pac man destroy him shortly
    Mayweather is totally dominating this fight!!! But the fact that you let your personal feelings for Mayweather good in the way of good judgement is sad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Mayweather is totally dominating this fight!!! But the fact that you let your personal feelings for Mayweather good in the way of good judgement is sad!!!
    what are you on about?........he clearly stated that he thought mayweather would win....

well my prediction was wrong....but he still won..........i didnt watch the fight...going to try and watch it today....

danny_nufc is offline New Member
    Absolute master class. One of the greatest fighters of all time.

On the debate on the MMA vs a Boxer... the fact Brock Lesnar just walks in with zero MMA skills and dominates says it all to be fair. Imagine Mike Tyson in his prime fighting any of the MMA guys. The argument I hate hearing is "an MMA fighter would just take a boxer down and make him tap"... people who say this know absolutely nothing. Yes I'm a boxer and I suppose I would say this, but its how it seems to me. I know many MMA fighters over here in England and I would take them all apart and I have no MMA skills.

^^^^^ this is well off topic.......there is actually a thread on this.....

Yeah you're right... and reading over my post again I sound just as much of an idiot as the guys I'm calling idiots lol.

On topic, I can't wait for Mayweather VS PacMan. (assuming pacqiao beats cotto)
    If Mayweather can beat Pacqiao then he has once and for all proved himself as the greatest of his era in my opinion.

yeah im looking forward to this fight also..........i really think pacqiao will defeat Mayweather.....but that will be an awsome fight.....and i agree if Mayweather does win then he prob for me be the best pound for pound fighter of all time........

There is a lot of talk going on about Mayweather VS Mosley.... I would much rather see him fight PacMan to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by danny_nufc View Post
    There is a lot of talk going on about Mayweather VS Mosley.... I would much rather see him fight PacMan to be honest
    yeah that has to be the No1 fight....fuk mosely......

icepick27 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28 View Post
    Jesus. 5-10 years? There have been a ton of MMA'ers who have trained for far less.

Whats Mutai?

I've heard of Muay Thai but never Mutai? Is it some form of grappling?
    So whats your point ?? boxing and MMA are not the same thing.but i guess people who dont know anyithng about either of the sports wouldnt be able to tell the differnce .the fight last night was garbage ,

Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    So whats your point ?? boxing and MMA are not the same thing.but i guess people who dont know anyithng about either of the sports wouldnt be able to tell the differnce .the fight last night was garbage ,
    That fight last night wasn't garbage. Marquez is #3 pound for pound. He was outclassed, outskilled, out boxed by the best boxer on the planet. You are obviously a MMA fan and nothing boxing can do to make you see how great a clinic PBF put on last night. I was a thing of beauty!!!
    Last edited by BgMc31; 09-20-2009 at 02:33 PM.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BgMc, PBF and PacMan are inevitable... I think that PBF will fight Mosley to maybe hook him up with a payday... a big BUT right here. PBF better watch out. Mosley is a bad dude too. He might take it to lightly and Sugar Shane steal it. Mosley is up and down, but when he is on, he is no one to take lightly. I am actually more interested in this fight from a match up perspective than the PBF/Pacman.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    BgMc, PBF and PacMan are inevitable... I think that PBF will fight Mosley to maybe hook him up with a payday... a big BUT right here. PBF better watch out. Mosley is a bad dude too. He might take it to lightly and Sugar Shane steal it. Mosley is up and down, but when he is on, he is no one to take lightly. I am actually more interested in this fight from a match up perspective than the PBF/Pacman.
    Rockinred...IM WITH YOU 100% ON THAT!! The bid payday is Pacman/PBF. I actually believe that the only serious threat to Floyd is Mosely. His the only fighter that possesses speed, size, and power to threaten Floyd. Plus he won't fight the same game plan that everyone other fighter tries to employ against...pressure and body shots.

Pacman is too small and would suffer a similar fate as Marquez. Mayweather is un-beatable by anyone I can see on the radar currently.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_nufc;4869***
    Absolute master class. One of the greatest fighters of all time.

On the debate on the MMA vs a Boxer... the fact Brock Lesnar just walks in with zero MMA skills and dominates says it all to be fair. Imagine Mike Tyson in his prime fighting any of the MMA guys. The argument I hate hearing is "an MMA fighter would just take a boxer down and make him tap"... people who say this know absolutely nothing. Yes I'm a boxer and I suppose I would say this, but its how it seems to me. I know many MMA fighters over here in England and I would take them all apart and I have no MMA skills.
    The debate about MMA vs boxer was answered back in 1993 buddy. The cruiserweight champion and 1983 Golden Gloves National champ Art Jimmerson was quickly beat by Royce Gracie. End of story. Sorry about going off topic.
    Last edited by ACJiujitsu; 09-20-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACJiujitsu View Post
    The debate about MMA vs boxer was answered back in 1993 buddy. The cruiserweight champion and 1983 Golden Gloves National champ Art Jimmerson was quickly beat by Royce Gracie. End of story. Sorry about going off topic.
    Then the question was re-opened with Ray Mercer against Tim Sylvia. Both former heavyweight champs in the respective sports and it lasted all but 10 seconds.

Now anyone in their right minds knows that that fight isn't indicative of which sport is better/worse, but your argument is equally as absurd.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Then the question was re-opened with Ray Mercer against Tim Sylvia. Both former heavyweight champs in the respective sports and it lasted all but 10 seconds.

Now anyone in their right minds knows that that fight isn't indicative of which sport is better/worse, but your argument is equally as absurd.
    Yeah i know that. I was trying to get Danny boy to bite.

lol I wont bite I acknowledged I sounded just as much of an idiot as that icepick fool when I read back over my post. I enjoy both disciplines, just personally prefer boxing as I'm a boxer myself. Dont understand why I felt the need to have a pop at UFC in the first place because I enjoy watching UFC too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_nufc View Post
    lol I wont bite I acknowledged I sounded just as much of an idiot as that icepick fool when I read back over my post. I enjoy both disciplines, just personally prefer boxing as I'm a boxer myself. Dont understand why I felt the need to have a pop at UFC in the first place because I enjoy watching UFC too lol.
    Its all in good fun. I have respect for any fighter no matter what discipline. We have a boxing coach at our school who is super tough,i believe he was in the Jr. Olympics. Im in a boxing rich area of NJ,so there is alot of crosstraining with us(BJJ) and them(boxing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information