Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    htfu^Pheer is offline New Member

What type of Training

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are!
    I currently work in security and am looking to train within a specified area as alot of my work mates do.
    atm im just getting my diet down pat and also looking to start a hardcore training scheduel...im planning everything.

now what type of of training would you guys recomend. I am unfamiliar with any of these martial arts or any type of fighting areas.
    i know how to punch and kick but i want to learn alot more.

ideally i would like to learn holds and restraint techniques as well as learning some technical punching/kicking. Also i would try and commit to this training 2-3 times per week.

thanks for any suggestions/info

TheOdyssey is offline New Member
    Security? Like security guard or policeman?
    If you have to deal with emergent situations or with dangerous people, I heavily recommend you attend pistol shooting classes. Martial arts will not help very much in that kind of situation but with Desert Eagle, even I can take on Fyodor. Many people in America think they know how to work with guns just because they can reload magazines and shoot, but that is not true. You have to practice many years to even obtain accurate enough aim to actually help in dangerous situations. Their are so many ways to hand pistols as weapon without even shooting it. Also you have to learn many laws so you do not get arrest after you help people.

Lastly, if you still want to learn martial art for dangerous situation, you can take which ever one you wish to take but I strongly recommend you practice more than you plan. There is not one martial art that is the best and prepare for every situation. They are all only as helpful as how much practice! I recommend you train 5 times per week at least 3 hour every train.

Thread Information