Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    icepick27 is offline Member

Boxing vs UFC ...

UFC and Boxing were on both tvs where i was and i never knew how much better ufc was then boxing untill last night ,i was able to watch 3 good fights while 2 nobodys held each other for 12 rds it was a disgrace ,i hate to sit here and bash boxing cause i also love OLD SCHOOL BOXING " Ali, sugar ray ,young tyson" when good boxers fought good boxers and put on great fights ,now its either one guy that is way better and bigger then everyone else he is fighting dominate a division or 2 nobodys hold each other for 12 RDS and Then u pay 50$ to watch it .i cant wait untill the ufc throws the last pile of dirt on boxing rotten body .................!!
    Last edited by icepick27; 09-20-2009 at 09:59 AM.

danny_nufc is offline New Member
    lol outrageous post to be fair.

I may aswell say that UFC is just two guys "cuddling" on the floor

rich1261 is offline Banned
    i agree old school boxing was fun to watch new age boxing is terrible and its boring now ufc is way more exciting to watch u never now what to expect in an mma fight

ACJiujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_nufc View Post
    lol outrageous post to be fair.

I may aswell say that UFC is just two guys "cuddling" on the floor
    You're absolutley correct that would be outrageous

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    I dont think new boxing or old boxing is any better than either. What i do think is that the world of MMA is just gotten so "KRUCIAL" and more exciting and more action packed & is over shadowing the sport of boxing. I started out High school wrestling, boxing and Muay Thai & i seriously cant sit and watch any of that shit anymore. If it does'nt have all the elements its just not for me.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why do MMA fans always start these b*llshit threads? Last nights boxing match was a thing of beauty! Floyd put on a clinic and only those who can truly appreciate a great boxer can see what he did. What Floyd did was no different than what Ali used to do. So you cats saying "old school boxing" was better must have never seen an "old school boxing" bouts.

There are plenty of MMA bouts where, to the untrained eye, looks like two guys on the floor "cuddling", like someone previously posted. But others would say it was a 'tactical chess match' on the ground.

These threads need to stop. Boxing and MMA are two different sports. Stop comparing the two. If you don't like boxing and can't appreciate its nuances, don't watch, or at least don't watch it with MMA in mind!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with BgMc. Two different and respectable sports. I am a fan of it all. I watch college wrestling too. Shit once in a while I watch WWE...lol. That doesn't count, but just saying I like it all. Grew up in the boxing gym, so you are right about people just don't understand the sweet science of it. No dis on either sport will come from me. Some of the most intense MMA training practices come from boxing. The thing is, people just don't know it. Hitting the tire with a sledgehammer all came from boxing as well as around 50% of mma training principles.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The mayweather fight was fantastic, I watch most of the UFC card too in between rounds and before the main event on the boxing card. I enjoy both still. God bless FTA.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    can't compare the two.

put a boxer against a mma dude, with boxing rules, boxer will win 99% of the time. and vice versa....
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 09-20-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Boxing and MMA are two different sports

Truth. Plus every guy who loves MMA,loved Boxing before MMA came to the Forefront. I love MMA, mostly because i train BJJ/MMA. But i love boxing too. I rented both fights last night. While i wasnt impressed with the Mayweather fight, the MMA fights left something to be desired too. The boxing fans need to stop saying that a boxer will beat an MMA guy and vice versa. Just enjoy the fights that are put on. There are boxers who came over to MMA and they are doing fine.They havent been world beaters,but very respectable fighters,ie. Marcus Davis. That right there tells me that to be a great Boxer,you need to concentrate on Boxing,for MMA its hard to be great at one thing because you need to be well rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    can't compare the two.

put a boxer against a mma dude, with boxing rules, boxer will when 99% of the time. and vice versa....
    truth. 1993 Art jimmerson vs Royce Gracie

AC, you missed the point...while I think that is the worst example of a fight style comparison when the boxer did not even throw one single punch.. what he is saying is that if you put Gracie in the boxing ring with that dude, I doubt he would land a single punch on the boxer. A total different sport.

Quote Originally Posted by ACJiujitsu View Post
    I guess you didn't read the entire post you responded to...he said with 'boxing rules'!! His vice versa comment means you put a boxer in the ring with a MMA guy with MMA rules the MMA guy will win 99.9% of the time.

Do you honestly believe that Royce would have beat Jamesson in a boxing match? If so, you are completely deranged!

I think you can match anderson silva up with any boxer in the world that is the same weight as him and i think anderson will dominate.

they are differnt and i agree with what most people are saying. but it is boxing fans and people in boxing taking shots at MMA because there sport is getting swallowed and they feel threatened .Me personaly i cant watch anything but MMA anymore ,and thats comming from i guy who loved boxing but just got tired of all the bullshit ,like boxers fighting bums there whole life ,because they dont want to fight good boxers and risk looseing ,and not getting that big money ..boxing is not about the fans no more ,its all about money ,and even when i was following boxing ,i coudlnt even tell any one who was friggin champion theres got to be 50 boxing titles and weight classes it blows .....

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    AC, you missed the point...while I think that is the worst example of a fight style comparison when the boxer did not even throw one single punch.. what he is saying is that if you put Gracie in the boxing ring with that dude, I doubt he would land a single punch on the boxer. A total different sport.
    actually i agreed with the post. The other part about 1993 was suppossed to go to another thread. i wasnt paying attention when i posted. But i def. agree with the fact that mma guy loses to boxer with boxing rules and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I guess you didn't read the entire post you responded to...he said with 'boxing rules'!! His vice versa comment means you put a boxer in the ring with a MMA guy with MMA rules the MMA guy will win 99.9% of the time.

Do you honestly believe that Royce would have beat Jamesson in a boxing match? If so, you are completely deranged!
    Not in a boxing match no! In a fight.yes

Icepick,you in Philly? Great MMA/BJJ schools in Philly. My Team is out of Philly

Why is it horrible comparison,because the boxer got taken down before he got to throw a punch? That makes no sense.According to some people the Boxer would easily knock out the MMA guy before he gets in.Thats what the boxers say right? Thats like saying no fair,i didnt even get a chance to hit you,LOL. Cmon man really

Why is it horrible comparison,because the boxer got taken down before he got to throw a punch? That makes no sense.According to some people the Boxer would easily knock out the MMA guy before he gets in.Thats what the boxers say right? Thats like saying no fair,i didnt even get a chance to hit you,LOL. Cmon man really
    Dude, you obviosly like jiujitsu... but stop being delusional about what it can do for you. If it is so perfect then why isn't chuck liddell getting dominated by it? Why didn't Dosantos use it last night? why isn't everyone getting dominated by it and that the only art in the cage?

I like that form of fighting just as much as the next, but to go to that era or even that fight in particular to prove a point is silly. Everything has changed and that dude was wearing one glove and didn't even try to punch. You think that a jiujitsu guy can do that to every opponent? no way. I have to get out of this... I am not going to argue anything except that was a poor example. Jiujitsu has emerged as a great fighting style, but it is also good for the mat, might not be the best thing to do on pavement. It is not as fool proof as you think it is. And not all boxers would come into a fight with one glove on and never throw a single punch. This fight proved nothing except that Royce is one bad dude and a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    I think you can match anderson silva up with any boxer in the world that is the same weight as him and i think anderson will dominate.

they are differnt and i agree with what most people are saying. but it is boxing fans and people in boxing taking shots at MMA because there sport is getting swallowed and they feel threatened .Me personaly i cant watch anything but MMA anymore ,and thats comming from i guy who loved boxing but just got tired of all the bullshit ,like boxers fighting bums there whole life ,because they dont want to fight good boxers and risk looseing ,and not getting that big money ..boxing is not about the fans no more ,its all about money ,and even when i was following boxing ,i coudlnt even tell any one who was friggin champion theres got to be 50 boxing titles and weight classes it blows .....
    You just lost all credibility with that post!!! You seriously need to put the crack pipe down!!! There is no way Anderson Silva could beat a top Super Middleweight or light heavyweight boxer. His boxing is good and possibly great for MMA but no where near an elite pro boxer. Your bias is truly showing through. We may all get our chance to see real soon. Roy Jones and Silva have talked about hooking up in the ring (boxing). Even with diminished skills, Roy Jones will dominate!

MMA and any fight game isn't about anything more than money...just like boxing. Boxing's downfall was with the greed of the alphabet organizations that got out of control and of course greedy promoters. But rest assured boxing has been around for hundreds of years, it, like any other sport, has its peaks and valley's but it's not going anywhere.

counter truth...Ray Mercer vs. Tim Sylvia

Dude, you obviosly like jiujitsu... but stop being delusional about what it can do for you. If it is so perfect then why isn't chuck liddell getting dominated by it? Why didn't Dosantos use it last night? why isn't everyone getting dominated by it and that the only art in the cage?

I like that form of fighting just as much as the next, but to go to that era or even that fight in particular to prove a point is silly. Everything has changed and that dude was wearing one glove and didn't even try to punch. You think that a jiujitsu guy can do that to every opponent? no way. I have to get out of this... I am not going to argue anything except that was a poor example. Jiujitsu has emerged as a great fighting style, but it is also good for the mat, might not be the best thing to do on pavement. It is not as fool proof as you think it is. And not all boxers would come into a fight with one glove on and never throw a single punch. This fight proved nothing except that Royce is one bad dude and a legend.
    Well we were talking MMA not Jiu-jitsu but,Whats delusional about what it can do for you? Jui-jitsu is more than just what you guys see at an MMA match. Its a full form of self-defense. My jiu-jitsu can be used for all 3 aspects of a street fight. Its great for the "pavement" if you know how to use it. But thats beside the point since this was an MMA/Boxing debate. There are no other MMA vs Boxer examples except Mercer/Sylvia. So we have to use the examples we have. I did it originally in response to someone saying a boxer would beat an MMA guy. I dont even remember where it started. If you ask me you need all 3 aspects of fighting to be successful. I just used the Gracie/Jimmerson example because we have no other. If you look at other posts,i praise boxing.

Now back to your argument about BJJ. Why didnt Liddell get Dominated by it? *Sigh* Chuck Liddell is a BJJ purple belt as well as a college level wrestler. Listen, most MMA guys learn BJJ even the wrestlers,because they Have too. Just like they have to learn Boxing. Why didnt Dos Santos use iT/ Thats an odd question. Im not in his head i couldnt tell you

And your right, i have to get out of this debate too.....LOL.

Blog Entries
    lol... hey BgMc its like when we go against everybody in the football vs soccer or something threads haha

some people are just plain delusional. But Im glad to have you and rockinred on my side

lol... hey BgMc its like when we go against everybody in the football vs soccer or something threads haha

some people are just plain delusional. But Im glad to have you and rockinred on my side
    which do you prefer,footbal or soccer?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hockey!

danny_nufc is offline New Member
    LOL @ this ridiculous thread

Icepick,you in Philly? Great MMA/BJJ schools in Philly. My Team is out of Philly

\yea south philly , yea there is alot of mma schools in philly ,i want to go to one buut iam in the middle of buying a house and selling a house and iam pretty jamed up with time and iam alread at my regular gym for 3 hrs a day

[QUOTE=BgMc31;4870654]You just lost all credibility with that post!!! You seriously need to put the crack pipe down!!! There is no way Anderson Silva could beat a top Super Middleweight or light heavyweight boxer. His boxing is good and possibly great for MMA but no where near an elite pro boxer. Your bias is truly showing through. We may all get our chance to see real soon. Roy Jones and Silva have talked about hooking up in the ring (boxing). Even with diminished skills, Roy Jones will dominate!

MMA IS FAN FRIENDLY YOU CANT GO TO A BOXING MATCH OR A BASKETBALL GAME AND HANG OUT WITH THE ATHLETES
    MMA and any fight game isn't about anything more than money...just like boxing.

AND THERE WAS WAY MORE TO BOXINGS DOWNFALL THEN JUST THAT

Boxing's downfall was with the greed of the alphabet organizations that got out of control and of course greedy promoters. But rest assured boxing has been around for hundreds of years, it, like any other sport, has its peaks and valley's but it's not going anywhere

did you ever see Anderson silva box??

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    what a thread YAWN........Boxing is an amazing sport and so is mma.....to put these together and say what is better is fuken stupid.........this is my opinion on the above.........if a top class boxer fights a top class mma under boxing rules then boxer wins........if under mma rules then the mma wins.......simple..........now putting boxers and mma of low skill level together then in both cases id go with the mma........now street fighting is a whole dif ball game.....being good at mma and or boxing will give you the advantage over average joe....but if average joe is a fuken nut case then who knows......going to floor and using BJJ or any other form will work if nut case doesnt start biteing and gowging....pulling and scratching.........or if nut cases....nut case mates dont start stamping on your head........in street fighting (from personal experience) the best bet is to walk away.....ive got a lot of scars which looking back could of been easily avoided....

anyway.....peace to all fighters.......

^^This

And great avatar
    Last edited by ACJiujitsu; 09-21-2009 at 12:26 PM.

I feel you BigSexxy!!! I simply loathe soccer, I absolutely hate the sport, but I don't go around posting how horrible I think it is just to make my sport (football) look better. I simply don't watch soccer or get involved in any debates about it...until they start dissing football. It's just that simple, you don't like it...DON'T WATCH IT!!!

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Sorry guys, but boxing is a old ass borring sport, I cant watch 12 rounds of it, old shool boxing, yeah, I used to watch some, but that was because it was that or nothing.... MMA is the present and the future.

Ahh and to the Mercer>Sylvia
    Kimbo>Mercer (and kimbo isnt even a withe belt in jitz).

But to be for real, in a Boxing match, there is now way AS can beat RJJ.

A boxer will most of the times win under a boxing rules, the MMA fighter will most of the times wins under MMA rules.

Cmon boxing's not boring. Granted its not as exciting as MMA most of the time but I cant wait for the Kelly Pavlik/Paul williams fight here in AC. I was at the Kimbo vs Mercer fight and that was a joke to say the least.

I feel you BigSexxy!!! I simply loathe soccer, I absolutely hate the sport, but I don't go around posting how horrible I think it is just to make my sport (football) look better. I simply don't watch soccer or get involved in any debates about it...until they start dissing football. It's just that simple, you don't like it...DON'T WATCH IT!!!
    Isnt that the idea of forums,so people can give their opinions? I believe that boxing and MMA can thrive together. Its usually guys who dont train that dont have respect for the other sports,except the ones they like

Blog Entries
    American gridiron football over soccer and rugby.

exactly... I haven't started any soccer/rugby sucks threads, yet rugby/soccer people tend to start them, as if they have something to prove.

and a boxing vs mma thread is just the same, and completely pointless to compare to each other...oh well

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    [QUOTE=xlxBigSexyxlx;4871748]American gridiron football over soccer and rugby.

Pfffffft........you cant call that football when you use your hands for most of the game LOL

Now real football(you know when you use your feet for all the game hence FOOTball)

I love football never watched Handball....but i can imagine it being good to play and watch......

it all depend what country your from.....if you were/are born in england youd love the game of football and prob vice versa.....

Blog Entries
    LOL...oh boy...here we go

ha......i know im only playing.......i would not argue with someone about which is better because it all boils down to opinions......but i will argue about the name....LOL haha....

southmadejd is offline Member
    Another classic IcePick thread.....dude how can you make that comment about A. Silva dominating boxers when you only see him dominate other MMA fighters. I am not saying the guy isn't amazing but just because he is arrogant enough to call out Roy Jones doesn't mean he would dominate him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information