Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    chuck was a pretty solid wrestler.
    But a very crappy striker who won a title using his very crappy striking.

icepick27 is offline Member
    See a saying shit like this shows you dont know what you are talking about Chuck a crappy striker?? thats ****ing crazy .. Listen Boxing striking and MMA striking are completly differnt did you know that ??what works in boxing definlitly dont work in mma and the same goes the other way you cant bob and weave in MMA you will get kicked in the head chucks stance would be horrible if he had boxing glovess on but its not boxing its mma ..people who bash MMA say shit like this all the time cause they dont know the differnce just because mma is a combat sport they compare it to boxing when it is toatly differnt ,in mma you have to be able to throw kicks watch out for kicks , clinches,takedowns,elbows and punches in boxing you just have to watch out for punches ..boxing is one aspect of fighting and exacty what it is ,Boxing not fighting so when you see i guy like chuck with his hands down or standing they way he does its because he is fighting not boxing..

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28 View Post
    Look up pankration.

Like I mentioned earlier, MMA might be more popular than boxing in Brazil but its not like MMA is incredibly popular, there are far more popular sports in that country.

Asian countries its not even close. I dont know why you think its popular in Japan, the only way they can sell well is when they put freakshows on their card like HMC, Canseco and others. And they LED with a televised fight of a PROFESSIONAL BOXER on DREAM 9 to boost up its ratings.

The problem in MMA is you dont master 3 arts. So no, its not harder. Its actually easier because you dont need to master anything, you just need to be able to dictate your kind of fight.

I'm sorry but the fact Lesnar is a UFC champion so soon, really shits on your MMA is harder than boxing argument. And its quite clear you really dont understand boxing.
    MMA Is incredible popular, of course, not even close than soccer (but hell what sport is more popular than soccer and soccer realted in almost all the world but a few countries) since Bjj is sooo related to MMA (in this times) mma popularity in brazil grew like no other sport.

the problem with Dream is that it isnt PRIDE, PRIDE never had problems with ratings, PRIDE was the most succesfull combat org, even bigger than K-1 at the time, why? well, everyone knew the best of the world was there, PRIDE was the UFC and the japanse ppl knew, japanese ppl is very very proud ppl, now they have DREAM, they know the best fighters arent in DREAM but in the UFC, so its like the minors league, they dont have enough talent.. plus they have 2 orgs, not one, Sengoku isnt having much issues...

The fact tha lesnar is the champ so fast is because the UFC HWd sucked when he became the champ, because Lesnar is a beast and was one of the best HWs Wrestlers of the history, and wrestling is a very very important aspect of MMA, add his ridiculous size and power, plus Randy being the champ, and there you have why hes the champ so fast... plus hes the UFC champ, not the world champ, Fedor is still the #1 HW in the world.

And I dont need to understand boxing, because I dont even like boxing, why would I need to understand boxing? , like I told you, striking in MMA is very very different than boxing, therefore the are a lot of different striking forms that can be used in MMA, MT, hell even karate now... you ask me if I understand striking, yeah I do, boxing as to box with 14oz gloves, not so much...

And I could agree in some term with you that you dont need to master all 3 aspecs, I would be a lier if I say you must, because is not true, up to this point of the evolution of MMA, yeah you can still make it having one strong point and being able to hold your own in other aspects, but HWs aside (HWs are different because the gap of weight is so big, that lot of ppl use size and raw power to make up for lack of skills) being one dimensional will only take you to some point, there is not one single champ that is one dimensional, Brown is an incredible wrestler with good boxing, BJ is a great grappler (and note I said GRAPPLER, not only bjj) with great boxing, GSP is a great GRAPPLER with great STRIKING, AS is a great Striker with great Jitz, Machida is awesome at everything he does, and even Fedor is great at striking and grappling...

botton line, I think youre the one that doesnt understand MMA.
    Last edited by roid_rage; 09-30-2009 at 09:20 AM.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28 View Post
    LOL, you really dont know MMA nor do you know fighting.

See. Mercer/Sylvia for an MMA example.
    but before I see that, why dont you see kimbo/mercer first... lol....

you may wanna see also genki sudo/butterbean LOL...

yeah boxing>MMA LMFAO....
    Last edited by roid_rage; 09-29-2009 at 01:47 PM.

icepick27 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    but before I see that, why dont you see kimbo/mercer first... lol....

you may wanna see also genki sudo/butterbean LOL...

yeah boxing>MMA LMFAO....

^^^^good post...both of them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information