yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

How do you fight a guy like Jon Jones?

I just saw is fight against Stephan Bonnar man he took him apart, slamed him everywhere.

He is coming to train in Montreal at Tri Star gym that is close to my house, where GSP trains has well.

The trainer there said that Jones is the next GSP.

If i was to fight a guy like that i would be lost, is fighting style is amazing.

Is stand up is just crazy, looks a bit like some Jeet Kune Do mixed with muay thai.

He got the slams and suplex of the old ShootWrestling back in the early 90 but he does them for real.

Looking forward for is next fight against Matt Hamill.
    Last edited by yannick35; 09-26-2009 at 11:51 AM.

icepick27 is offline Member
    i think he is real good lot of promise

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    Is'nt his main thing Judo? I think i remember them saying that the night he fought Bonner. But i might be wrong.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Easily the most over-hyped fighter in the UFC today. He puts together a win over Stephan Bonnar and suddenly hes the next champ.

W/E Stephan has always been a B level fighter at best. Not to mention he is a serious asshole. But that aside, Jones is impressive, but im not buying into the hype over one fight, and that fight being against Bonnar who just lost to 60 year old Coleman.

-WAR

icepick27 is offline Member
    his sumission over jake o'brian was sick to , what hype ?? i hate when people act like the ufc is just hyping up bum 's he is good .. he is green a few more fights or a big win over a contender and he is in line for a title shot .. and a writer from Sherdog jake rossen i think that is his name and a few other people not just ufc guys said that
    " it might sound crazy but jon jones might has the style to beat machida" so its not the ufc hyping up a bum .....
    Last edited by icepick27; 09-27-2009 at 08:26 AM.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    After the Hamill fight we will see. Bonar needs a win bad.

ACJiujitsu is offline Junior Member
    His main style is Greco-Roman wrestling. Thats where the suplexes and slams come from. His striking is really just using what ever works and constantly being faster to the punch. he a super athletic guy, from a super athletic family. His 1 brother is a star defensive end at Syracuse and the other is a freshman. He got the nickname bones because both brothers are 6-3 to 6-5 and around 280-290. he wa stoo skinny for football so he took up Greco and was a champ not sure what level

oh yeah his 1st UFC fight was after only 4 months of MMA training

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by ACJiujitsu View Post
    His main style is Greco-Roman wrestling. Thats where the suplexes and slams come from. His striking is really just using what ever works and constantly being faster to the punch. he a super athletic guy, from a super athletic family. His 1 brother is a star defensive end at Syracuse and the other is a freshman. He got the nickname bones because both brothers are 6-3 to 6-5 and around 280-290. he wa stoo skinny for football so he took up Greco and was a champ not sure what level
    Hes never competed on the Senior level.

^^ Yeah i didnt think he was. I saw this on the bloody elbow website............Jones was a state champion wrestler in New York and a national junior college champion out of Iowa http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/3/...-judo-chop-jon

johnCash is offline Associate Member
    same here, jon jones looked awesome against bonner, but we'll see how he does against hamill whos a much better fighter i think. jones beats hamill by tko my guess

paleocaveman is offline New Member
    You let him take you down and prey he starts throwing downward elbows!!

Frank egg white is offline Junior Member
    How do you fight Jones? Dirty...real dirty!

Thread Information