ocnorb40 is offline New Member

Finally!!! $45 bucks well spent!!

WEC's first PPV show last night and it was the most action packed card I have seen in a long time. The prelims on Spike had one of the best fights I have witnessed since UFC1 in 1992 I believe when I had to buy the boot VHS tape for $10 bucks!! It was Jung vs Garcia in a complete slugfest. I honestly don't know how those two survived the fight. If you have a chance to catch it do so. The main event was a bit slow but Aldo still proved he is one of the most dangerous fighters in the world as he dismantled Faber. UFC's sibling company scored big on this one and really raised the bar. One favor UFC, DON"T put The Spider on any more PPV cards!!

MC

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You dont think Aldo fought just like AS? He could have ended that fight in the 3rd but never took and chances. I wasnt impressed with that fight at all.

Jung got robbed also.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

TinyTexan is offline Banned
    jung did get robbed. Mergliotta should have called the Aldo fight when he had Fabor in the crucifix for over a minute uncontested. I dont think the last two rounds were very good but I cant say I am upset with Faldo or would put him in the Silva category bu any means. that entire card with silva was a disappointment, but Silvas actions should be penalized heavily.

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree leonard Garcia got the worst of that fight and Jung should of had that fight. As far as Aldo Faber? I believe Aldo could of finished it but let's not forget that he was in there with Faber. Even with the ass whoopin he got he was still dangerous in close distance. There was one time when Aldo did go in to finish him and Faber just came back at him so hard that Aldo had to move off or maybe get caught with a combo. I think he won very well and impressively. And I also agree that the lighter weights were way more exciting than any of th3 UFC cards lately.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You dont think Aldo fought just like AS? He could have ended that fight in the 3rd but never took and chances. I wasnt impressed with that fight at all.

Jung got robbed also.

That wasnt even close to what Silva did.

Slice N Dice is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnorb40 View Post
    UFC's sibling company scored big on this one and really raised the bar.
    What is the deal with WEC and the UFC? Is Dana White part owner?

Walnutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice N Dice View Post
    What is the deal with WEC and the UFC? Is Dana White part owner?
    Yea what is the deal? Zuffa owns both ufc and wec? And dana is prez of zuffa?

ocnorb40 is offline New Member
    Yes UFC/WEC are part of the Zuffa family. The difference is WEC has really become a showcase for the lower weight classes not currently part of the UFC. Quite frankly the lower weight classes are damn fun to watch. 145/135 and they are looking at a 125lb class as well. This really looks like the ultimate evolution of the sport which at some point will completely replace the sweet science. All boxing has left is Mayweather v Pacquiao but we can leave that for another thread.

Walnutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnorb40 View Post
    Yes UFC/WEC are part of the Zuffa family. The difference is WEC has really become a showcase for the lower weight classes not currently part of the UFC. Quite frankly the lower weight classes are damn fun to watch. 145/135 and they are looking at a 125lb class as well. This really looks like the ultimate evolution of the sport which at some point will completely replace the sweet science. All boxing has left is Mayweather v Pacquiao but we can leave that for another thread.
    Thank you

Thread Information