J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

It's late, but I finally watched Lesnar Vs. Carwin

Was a good fight, exciting for a HW fight. It's amazing how far the HW class has came, from once the far weakest class to what it is now.

Brock looked good, he did look like he's down some weight still, but it probably works in his favor. The guy is a beast, not only is he so impressive in a physical way, he's got the mental strength required for a pro level athlete. Taking those shots, and not falling apart shows great perseverance. He's certainly won over some people in his fight, and his actions after this time.

Carwin actually impressed me, That guy has some power. Brock is not really known for his striking, but Carwin was on him like fly's on shit. It will be interesting to see how he does in his next fights and who they put him up against.

While Carwin was impressive, I have a feeling he'll not be as successful as he was. Even though Brock gets a lot of shit, about being a 1 dimensional fighter, I think Carwin is even more so. If you can weather the storm, you'll beat him. Almost like Huston Alexander did for his first few fights, Carwin is certainly better than him, but unless he learns to use more technique than power, he'll punch himself out every time. IMO Nappa already exposed that he's not that skilled of a striker, just a very powerful guy.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Hard to say where things go from here. Cain getting the next shot and I doubt we will see anything stellar out of that. Cain relies on his chin while he walks straight in... almost cost him against Kongo and I think Lesnar hits way harder.

I think a Dos Santos/Carwin fight would show some interesting character.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Hard to say where things go from here. Cain getting the next shot and I doubt we will see anything stellar out of that. Cain relies on his chin while he walks straight in... almost cost him against Kongo and I think Lesnar hits way harder.

I think a Dos Santos/Carwin fight would show some interesting character.
    To be honest, I think Cain has a better chance of beating Brock than Carwin did.

Carwin tried to knock out a gorilla with just power shots.

Cain hopfully will know enough not to just follow him down and try to ground and pound him out in the first 15 seconds.

Letting Brock up, landing, and repeating would work best and avoid punching yourself out.

I really think Cain and Dos are going to be making some moves in this new breed of HWs. They are not as big, but they are technically better fighters.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    To be honest, I think Cain has a better chance of beating Brock than Carwin did.

Carwin tried to knock out a gorilla with just power shots.

Cain hopfully will know enough not to just follow him down and try to ground and pound him out in the first 15 seconds.

Letting Brock up, landing, and repeating would work best and avoid punching yourself out.

I really think Cain and Dos are going to be making some moves in this new breed of HWs. They are not as big, but they are technically better fighters.
    I agree that Cain and Dos Santos are going to be big in the sport. Cain has more fluent stand up than Carwin as well as more speed and stamina. I think he has a better shot at beating Brock but I think Dos Santos is going to be the Chuck Liddell of the HW division. I think his stand up would make Brock and Carwin look foolish.

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87 View Post
    I agree that Cain and Dos Santos are going to be big in the sport. Cain has more fluent stand up than Carwin as well as more speed and stamina. I think he has a better shot at beating Brock but I think Dos Santos is going to be the Chuck Liddell of the HW division. I think his stand up would make Brock and Carwin look foolish.
    Foolish? Are you serious? Carwins stand up was spot on. His stamina was the only thing that was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard74 View Post
    Foolish? Are you serious? Carwins stand up was spot on. His stamina was the only thing that was off.
    I agree 10,000%... going into this fight everyone thought Carwin was the worlds best chance against Lesnar... after the loss, now there seems to be so many better fighters as of a sudden because we've seen Carwins stamina exposed... even with that, I wonder how many of the other fighters could throw that many punches and still come out for the 2nd round fresh...

my $.02

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    honestly i love lesnar and im glad he won, but carwin had him blow for blow no dout!! dont think anyone else could take lesnar at this time!!! maybe fedor??

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87 View Post
    I think he has a better shot at beating Brock but I think Dos Santos is going to be the Chuck Liddell of the HW division. I think his stand up would make Brock and Carwin look foolish.
    Im with you. I think Dos Santos will be champ and for a while. He and Cain will be #1 and 2.

Im sorry but I keep hearing everyone say this showed how good Lesnar has come, I think the opposite. He cant handle a good striker and he was lucky to make the first round (could have and was lucky it wasnt stopped), Carwin gave up in the second round. Horrible for a supposed "top level" athlete.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Theses guys are both faggots...LOL Man did Carwin gas out LOL but Brock is so impressive.

I am sure there will be a rematch down the road, getting hit like that in the face cannot be too healty.

Has much as i love Cain Valalzkez i dont think he will stand a chance against Lesner

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    fag·got2    /ˈfægət/ Show Spelled[fag-uht] Show IPA
    –noun
    Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a male homosexual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
    1910–15, Americanism ; cf. faggot a contemptuous term for a woman (from ca. 1590), perh. the same word as fagot

—Related forms
    fag·got·y, fag·got·ty, adjective fag·ot   /ˈfægət/ Show Spelled[fag-uht] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. a bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel, a fascine, a torch, etc.
    2. a bundle; bunch.
    3. a bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded, hammered, or rolled together at high temperature.
    4. bouquet garni.
    –verb (used with object)
    5. to bind or make into a fagot.
    6. to ornament with fagoting.
    I fail to see how this word has anything to do with this thread

hahaha... and the crowd goes silent

Thread Information