Complete novice is offline Associate Member

want start a sport, but have a long term injury...options???

i am very interested in getting into some sort of contact sport, i used to do cumbleland wrestling, boxing, judo and rugby in my younger days! but i ruptured my ACL along with my cartalige playing football, after four operations, i have now been told i have no cartalige and artheritus in my knee and a lax ACL, maybe a gluten for punishment but i feel like i need to do something competetive before my life wastes away.

I currently train 4 days a week at the gym but dont feel like i`m pushing myself anymore and want something i can get stuck into to..

has anybody got any ideas of what i could take up? running and twisting is out of the question due to the injury.

Thanks for any advice.

Sciamach is offline New Member
    I would recommend Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. With your wrestling background I think you would pick up the concepts very quickly. I have a back/neck injury and oddly enough jiu jitsu seemed to be rehabilitative. A lot of gyms I have gone to have you start from the ground rather than standing from a takedown (which might be tough on your knees). Anyhow, just thought it might be worth a try?

Thread Information