Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    if sonnen gets silva on his back early in round it will be over.
    thats a big if....and I would not count silva out vs jones..jones has a huge reach against anyone..but silva has experience and he plans every fight very well...

ad total agree gsp fights are lame...lets jump around for 5 rounds or jab and run...

bigdog65 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with gear thats a big if, we will see what Silva's gameplan will be to deal with Chael this time around.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog65 View Post
    I agree with gear thats a big if, we will see what Silva's gameplan will be to deal with Chael this time around.
    If Silva comes in healthy, Im guessing KO him late in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    If Silva comes in healthy, Im guessing KO him late in the first round
    I would tend to agree, if Chael comes to the fight looking like he did against Bisping it may even be a quicker KO. but my feeling is that Chael will be very prepared for this fight he would love nothing more than to upset Silva in Brazil (and probably have the whole nation riot) but the only thing Chael has an advantage in imo is wrestling and cardio. But then again Chael looked very sluggish in his last fight.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    wrestling is a huge advantage.i rolled some of the best fighters around.my stand up is decent,im a purple belt in bjj,but wrestling is my thing,i may not have won but i controlled plenty of big names out there.ive been under miletich fighting systems for 7 years,ive been down to florida with american top team.been to dierdorf iowa,i have rotated around training camps wrestling ,wrestlers.i have not wrestled chael,but he is incredible,never count a wrestler out,its the back bone of mma............

^ also true brotha and I hope Chael can get the first strike take Silva down and beat's him on the ground. I agree I trained at Blackhouse MMA and I used my wrestling background to neutralize some of their jui-jitsu.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do not think chael has a change for silva. It will be the same result as last time around. He did not look good vs Bisping.
    Wrestling is he back bone or mma i agree. And the bjj vs wrestling thing- I believe it just matters how good your bjj is or how great a wrestler you are. I have seen many bjj guys work wrestlers, and many wrestlers handle bjj guys. So I think it depends on the time and person.

IRISH 425 is offline Junior Member
    I think he'll beat Silva because he'll screw with his mental during the fight

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Silva got lucky with a basic choke. Chael was whooping his ass the majority of the fight before that. Chael is slivas biggest challenge and biggest threat. After watching that fight, i felt sonnen would def rematch. That belt is sonnens, silva just dont know it yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information