yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

GSP is going to have an easy ride when he comes back

If Condit fights like he did with Diaz GSP is going to have an easy win. He is going to take him down and do what he wants with him. I really tough that there would be good opposition for him when he got back but i guess i was wrong. Diaz is out, Condit well he had a good game plan but that's not going to work against GSP.

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    i agree, although i HATE watching gsp fight.. fights that end in decision are the absolute worst, most boring shit fights there are, and yes, gsp is EXCELLENT at the fighting style that he uses, where he is technical and fights to aquire points and win, but i cant stand watching it.. finish the fight for gods sake.. i like explosive fights where there are actually some risks taken and some excitement.. gsp definitely does not deliver

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I dont know about this one. The reach on Condit is something GSP has never dealt with before. If he circles the way he did against Diaz and avoids takedowns, he can edge out a decision or even a headkick KO if he's lucky.

DanB is offline Banned
    Will GSP be the same after the injury?

Also he isnt getting any younger, how many fights has he left before he starts to decline?

vard is offline New Member
    GSP doesn't fight like Diaz so Carlos won't have to circle out of corners. Watch some of Carlos' old fights. He's a technical fighter and can make things happen from the ground or standing(obviously Diaz can stand and bang with the best of them so Carlos didnt do it there). Im biased cause Im a Condit fan, but Carlos is a better all around fighter than Diaz and GSP is a good all around fighter. It will be a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by vard;5***644
    GSP doesn't fight like Diaz so Carlos won't have to circle out of corners. Watch some of Carlos' old fights. He's a technical fighter and can make things happen from the ground or standing(obviously Diaz can stand and bang with the best of them so Carlos didnt do it there). Im biased cause Im a Condit fan, but Carlos is a better all around fighter than Diaz and GSP is a good all around fighter. It will be a good fight.
    GSP has a very poor striking game. Yes, I know he has a pretty sick jab, but the point of the jab is to keep your opponent at distance and follow up with a more powerful strike. It looked good against Koschek cause Josh came in without a plan. GSP's jab is actually very easy to counter with a quick low kick below the knee if you are prepared to potentially sprawl if need be.

So Knockout what your saying is that my boy Condit will win? GSP did mess Koschek up with that jab, but like you said before the reach on Condit should be trouble for him. Who do you think wins on the ground? Im looking up GSP's BJJ game now.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Will GSP be the same after the injury?

Also he isnt getting any younger, how many fights has he left before he starts to decline?
    Not sure there will be a decline, look at Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva, they should all be passed there prime but still keep improving, Henderson being the most impressive of them all. Randy Couture had an amazing run for is age

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    GSP has a very poor striking game. Yes, I know he has a pretty sick jab, but the point of the jab is to keep your opponent at distance and follow up with a more powerful strike. It looked good against Koschek cause Josh came in without a plan. GSP's jab is actually very easy to counter with a quick low kick below the knee if you are prepared to potentially sprawl if need be.
    Its going to be another GSP vs Dan hardy all over again, at least this is what i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by vard View Post
    So Knockout what your saying is that my boy Condit will win? GSP did mess Koschek up with that jab, but like you said before the reach on Condit should be trouble for him. Who do you think wins on the ground? Im looking up GSP's BJJ game now.
    GSP does not have a BJJ game, he could not submit Dan Hardy in there fight he was cough in an armbar for like a minute or so. GSP got sick elbows on the ground and GNP, takedowns and that's it

I honestly feel, that with all GSP's groin and ACL injuries, that the moment he attempts his powerthrough takedowns on the taller Condit (where he will have to extend even more than usual) he will injure himself during the fight. Time will tell, but Condit is a more versatile striker with better reach and the ability to be elusive. I could be completely wrong, but I guess we will see.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    GSP can adapt to anything he is truly amazing.I dont think he will have a hard time.Condit has seen his better dayz.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    GSP can adapt to anything he is truly amazing.I dont think he will have a hard time.Condit has seen his better dayz.
    I feel that same way after the Diaz fight.

You cant hardly judge a fighter by watching one fight can you? I would say that Condit and GSP are alike in the sense that they are both smart technical fighters. Both guys will come in with a game plan and the winner will be who ever can execute and adjust accordingly. I cant say which way the fight will go, but to say GSP has it easy is crazy.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have to consider if GSP injuries are delayed. Cause he has mentioned he will not fight until 100%, and why should he. Will there be a Diaz Condit rematch. I do not like Diaz at all. I loved that Condit came in with an actually game plan and was victorious. The fight GSP Condit- I believe condit will have to be start practicing a take down defense. Become like liddell where you keep a distance then bang bang, but up again so guys cant take you down. I do not see GSP standing with condit at all. As said above his poor striking is obvious.
    Agree with the Dan Hardy lay on me!

GSP is very fragile in the groin area, how many times did he pull a groin 3-4 times, now with the surgery..... i really hope he can come back 100%, cro cop got a knee surgery and came back good.

Bornskinny is offline New Member
    GSP needs to move up to fight Silva. Or vice versa

Thread Information