Catdad is offline Junior Member

Gear in martial arts

Why would anyone use gear in martial arts? It wont make your technique better. I understand you can get bigger but what if you fight at 130 lbs? I don't even know why you'd use it unless you wanted to top 200 or couldn't gain the weight you want.

Any input or experiences? Just a thought and curious.

I'm a Muay Thai fighter with ring experience and I see tons of guys in Thailand doing it.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I did my first cycle whilst doing muay thai. I was around 160lbs and put on only 10lbs. It gave me way more energy, strength, hit harder, stamina and more aggression. If I was dieting for a fight I wouldn't have out on the extra weight but I didn't mind it at the time.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It can make you faster and stronger. Not all steroids add mass.

Catdad is offline Junior Member
    So they say, but can it? Or when you were hitting pads was your technique just better?

I'm just curious guys, like I said I've only ever used clen to cut a bit but wasn't ever serious or prolonged.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdad View Post
    So they say, but can it? Or when you were hitting pads was your technique just better?

I'm just curious guys, like I said I've only ever used clen to cut a bit but wasn't ever serious or prolonged.
    didn't make technique any better but it helped performance

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by boxa06 View Post
    I did my first cycle whilst doing muay thai. I was around 160lbs and put on only 10lbs. It gave me way more energy, strength, hit harder, stamina and more aggression. If I was dieting for a fight I wouldn't have out on the extra weight but I didn't mind it at the time.
    agreed. You can also train harder with out over training and you recover faster.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

JAB1 is offline Member
    YEah its all about intense training and recovery. Sometimes while running a calorie deficit!! Def has its place. Wont help at all with technique!!! Same reason sprinters, etc use.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Has you get older it keeps you in the game.

lubas88 is offline New Member

hey

winny,masta,halo are best for martial arts

SteveM is offline New Member
    I'm 34 and train mma...did a couple cycles of test e...I felt like a 20 yr old...strong and aggressive. I didn't even do my cycle smartly either..next cycle is gonna be crazy good since Ive joined this site

SteveM is offline New Member
    Oh yeah..when you get older it def keeps you in the game!

Ronald123 is offline New Member
    I have tried masteron , halo ,test prop from different dealers and while feeling better on ,it allways affected my endurance in a negative way .
    I also did 2km run-tests while using those compounds and in all cases my times got worse.
    Only thing i have improved run times on is with -IGF-1 , I have gotten it from Please read the board rules before posting again.. in the past, but their prices on that product are a bit high so Im currently looking for other

Quote Originally Posted by Catdad View Post
    Why would anyone use gear in martial arts? It wont make your technique better. I understand you can get bigger but what if you fight at 130 lbs? I don't even know why you'd use it unless you wanted to top 200 or couldn't gain the weight you want.

Any input or experiences? Just a thought and curious.

I'm a Muay Thai fighter with ring experience and I see tons of guys in Thailand doing it.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-24-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06 View Post
    that was what I thought too, before I started doing timed run-tests which gave me the real picture.
    especially halo made me feel like I was running quicker for some reason and that I could just keep going, however when I timed it my 2km time was more than 30seconds slower than when not using.

with that said, I can agree that especially halo seems to make you kick and punch a little harder. However flexibility suffer and the ability to deflect pucnhes seem to go down too, along with the endurance..

IRISH 425 is offline Junior Member
    Roids is just for endurance and the best are anavar and primo. Most others hurt your joints. Mass is overated in mma it just makes you slower

Fatburgler is offline New Member
    In a round about way it does help with technique because it I creases strength and endurance which are priceless to perform proper technique in later rounds

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatburgler
    In a round about way it does help with technique because it I creases strength and endurance which are priceless to perform proper technique in later rounds
    99% of people can't combine power and technique, its the difference between a good fighter and a world class fighter

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Increases aggression, shortens recovery time from many injuries, allows for more training,

And last but not least shrinks you nuts to help with groin strikes LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86cQ...eature=related

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    ^^^i use it so my nuts shrink to make weight
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information