roid_rage is offline Associate Member

getting extremely tired while on Roids (combat sports related)

Hi guys, Ive been trying to find an explanation why on earth I get incredibly tired while on roids.... Looong time ago, my first winny cycle (and i mean like 8 years ago) I realized that play tennis while being on winny was impossible, somehow, I got extremely tired after 30 mins of doing it... so I decided that tennis and cycling wanst my thing, I did several cycles after that, pretty good all around, I stopped lifting (bbuiliding lifting) about 3 years ago, I got into bjj, last year, I got back to lifting and did a midl cycle (test, var and winny) and same shit happened, after my weight lifting session I would go to my bjj class, damn I couldnt last 10 freaking minutes, its like my arms went numbed... Now I have a MMA fight coming in like 5 months, and cant decide what to do, wheter I do a cycle or not. I really dont understand why roids have this effect on me, even running makes me dead tired, I though It could be water retantion, since Im very ****ing prone to it... Any thoughts on what my problem is? (I was on anastrozole while on cycle, I was using cyp)

aleco is offline Junior Member
    Same thing happened to me, but i was doing jiu jitsu.
    I went to the doctor and find out my hemoglobin was at 19, it is considered hi when is at 17. This was right after a T Suspension cycle, after 3 months it was at 17, and the fatigue was gone.
    I did another T Prop cycle probably like 6 or 7 months after my hemoglobin was normal, and my hemoglobing went up to 18. It is clear to me, if i want to train Jiu Jitsu and other martial arts I have to stay away from roids, there is also a very high riak of suffering a stroke.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    My guys is your AI dosing needs to be adjusted....are you eating complex carbs? you could be overtraining,how long is your session at the gym?practice? and what do you do to pay the bills?

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    My guys is your AI dosing needs to be adjusted....are you eating complex carbs? you could be overtraining,how long is your session at the gym?practice? and what do you do to pay the bills?
    0.25 eod, but I was only doing 400 mg cyp... nothing out of this world...

I wouldve thought that overtraining was the problem, but I dont think so, I can see overtraining coming from miles, this was, holy **** I cannot breath, my arms a going numb and my lower back KILLS ME, shit I used to run 10 miles easily, after a couple of weeks, I couldnt run any longer than 3 because I was exausted...

my complex carbs were ok, my session would go from 45 mins to 1 hour, follow to 2 hours of bjj (30 minutes of rolling mostly)... I could guess that anyone could get tired after this session, but thing is, even the days that I did not train, and went for a run, I couldnt perform... This happened to me while playing tennis too, and that was not demandign at all, I remember my lower back was killing me on the court (and I was only like 25 at the time)...
    Last edited by roid_rage; 09-02-2012 at 08:24 AM.

it looks to me that any cardio based sport cannot be done while cycling... hemoglobin, insteresting, could you explain me a little bit more about its function and why we are affected in such a bad way for it and most atheltes seem not to? its a pretty ****ed up thing we cannot use roids other than for asthetics...

Blog Entries
    Its either you, or your gear i have no problems what so ever with cardio while on cycle(and no mant others as well).....you may have a medical condition, or your gear source is total shit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    it looks to me that any cardio based sport cannot be done while cycling... hemoglobin, insteresting, could you explain me a little bit more about its function and why we are affected in such a bad way for it and most atheltes seem not to? its a pretty ****ed up thing we cannot use roids other than for asthetics...
    I'm not a bro science guy that is going to quote a bunch of articles....i just can speak from personal exp. their are plenty of ppl here that will give you factual evidence for any thing you ask for. Something is off with your body when it comes toAAS

yeah, I know, I see im not alone on this looks like...aleco seems to be affected in the same way... it sucks for real.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Well, not sure what you blood pressure is, while on steroids , but that used to happen to me, when i did cycles ( years ago) i came to find out, that my blood pressure was really high while on steroids, making me tired all the time, then when off, my blood pressure returned to normal and i would be fine, i wasn't tired anymore...now, when i do a cycle i control it with a moduretic, and im fine.... this could be why you also tired, but i would still see a doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong with you... i also had a friend in Canada, same thing was happening to him while on gear, but his problem was worst, when he did tests to find out what was wrong with him, he came to find out, he had a small hole in his heart from birth ; he was fine and never tired until he started doing gear... he told his doctor he was using gear, and he told him to stop right away, because it would make him worst, do to the hole in his heart....he has not used gear ever since, but now runs all the time

martymcfly85 is offline Junior Member
    I myself never have had an issue with cardio while on a cycle. And i run 60+ miles a week. In fact, i actually feel a bit stronger running and can run a little longer at times. But i do watch everything i eat. Nothing but good proteins and low carbs

aleco is offline Junior Member

Extremely tired while roids

Hemoglobin carries oxygen from the respiratory organs to the rest of the body. The higher the hemoglobin the thicker the blood, when the blood is thicker it moves slower, so it takes longer for the oxygen to get to the whole body, and the harder the hart works.
    I'n not doing cycles anymore for a year now and i can roll around 5 6 minutes rounds w/o rest and my oxygenation is great. Its going to take a lot of research again, to find out wich Anabolic will not get in the way of maybtrainig.
    BTW i run in the mornings 3.5 miles i train BJJ at noon time and Hap Ki Do at night, 30 minutes before Hap Ki Do i'll do functional traning every other day and I'm 40 yeras young.
    Lifted weights for around 10 years, trained Hap Ki Do for around 22 years and jiu jitsu 4 years. I consider that I know a little bit about nutrition.
    Tittle should read " extremely tired while ON roids"
    Last edited by aleco; 09-03-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aleco View Post
    Hemoglobin carries oxygen from the respiratory organs to the rest of the body. The higher the hemoglobin the thicker the blood, when the blood is thicker it moves slower, so it takes longer for the oxygen to get to the whole body, and the harder the hart works.
    I'n not doing cycles anymore for a year now and i can roll around 5 6 minutes rounds w/o rest and my oxygenation is great. Its going to take a lot of research again, to find out wich Anabolic will not get in the way of maybtrainig.
    BTW i run in the mornings 3.5 miles i train BJJ at noon time and Hap Ki Do at night, 30 minutes before Hap Ki Do i'll do functional traning every other day and I'm 40 yeras young.
    Lifted weights for around 10 years, trained Hap Ki Do for around 22 years and jiu jitsu 4 years. I consider that I know a little bit about nutrition.
    Tittle should read " extremely tired while ON roids"
    is there anyway to control the hemoglobin?

the title indeed say "while ON roids"...

that could be one cause, because its not rare for me to have blood coming out of my nose, at least it happened a couple of times...

a moduretic is like a diuretic?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    monitor your blood pressure while on. And make sure you hydrate well. Get some bloodwork done as well to monitor things.

that could be one cause, because its not rare for me to have blood coming out of my nose, at least it happened a couple of times...

a moduretic is like a diuretic?
    yes...but just go and take it, monitor your blood pressure, first thing in the morning ( as soon as you wake up) then 3 more times during the day, if its constantly high, then you might need a moduretic/diuretic, to lower your blood pressure...you should have no problem having a doctor prescribe that for you.

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member
    I'm the same mate, not sure why but

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    yes...but just go and take it, monitor your blood pressure, first thing in the morning ( as soon as you wake up) then 3 more times during the day, if its constantly high, then you might need a moduretic/diuretic, to lower your blood pressure...you should have no problem having a doctor prescribe that for you.
    so basically, water retantion could be causing my blood presure tu skyrocket? aint too dangerous to be doing MMA training and having high blood presure?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    It, can be a few things. I would bet its your rbc is to high.
    Do not take a diuretic now.
    Get lab work. Also check your e levels.
    This is why i don't go over 200. Mgs when I'm fighting. More isn't always better.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

so basically, water retantion could be causing my blood presure tu skyrocket? aint too dangerous to be doing MMA training and having high blood presure?
    Its possible....and yes its dangerous do be doing MMA or any other kind of sport with High blood pressure. but the question is do YOU have high blood pressure? have you had it checked? we are just giving possible causes, dont just take our word, have it checked out, IF you dont have a machine at home, just go to any pharmacy, they normally have high blood pressure machines so that you can take your blood pressure... and please dont take any moduretic without knowing for sure, its high, and also without consulting a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    It, can be a few things. I would bet its your rbc is to high.
    Do not take a diuretic now.
    Get lab work. Also check your e levels.
    This is why i don't go over 200. Mgs when I'm fighting. More isn't always better.
    Rbc????
    i agree , with everything else here.

Yea red blood count

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Yea red blood count
    LOL... that was obvious, sometimes i over think things...i kept thinking what the hell is RBC, i need to go get some rest, its already 1:30 am here in Portugal im not thinking right anymore.

lol, it happens. here is some info i copied from a site

What are the symptoms of polycythemia?

Symptoms of polycythemia can be none to minimal in many people. There are some general and non-specific symptoms that can be seen with polycythemia. Some of these include:

weakness,
    fatigue,
    headache,
    itching,
    bruising,
    joint pain,
    dizziness, or
    abdominal pain.
    In patients with polycythemia vera, other blood disorders are also very common. Thus, bleeding problems or clotting events may be seen in these patients. Itching after showers or baths (post-bath pruritus) can also be seen in patients with polycythemia vera for unclear reasons. Joint pains also common in patients with polycythemia vera.

Symptoms of secondary polycythemia may be more closely attributed to the underlying condition, such as, chronic lung disease, than to polycythemia itself. Therefore, shortness of breath, chronic cough, sleep disturbance (sleep apnea), dizziness, poor exercise tolerance, or fatigue may be common in patients with polycythemia.

that sure looks like my while on roids.... is there anything I can do to fight polycythemia?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    that sure looks like my while on roids.... is there anything I can do to fight polycythemia?
    hey dude why not check your BP? It's easy to do. Secondly to reduce RBC's you can give blood. Or go off roids and it will lower naturally. Or lower dose of steriods .

Donate,blood. Lower your dosages. I would have to do some more research into other ways.
    Im on my phone now. I'll post if i find anything else.
    When i fight i don't go over 200 mgs of test a week. Even then my rbc is slightly elevated. But nothing where it limits me.

hey man, whats BP?

Havent been on roids for 1 year, mainly because of the exaustion problem....

If I would donate in order to get my RBC down, how often should I do it?

BP= blood pressure

P.Money is offline Associate Member
    High BP caused by increased count of red blood cells. Also gotta watch your cholesterol. Like said in previous thread, too much test can definitely be counter productive when it comes to fighting sports. Low dosage var only cycles worked great for me in the past.

Thread Information