Thread: what to do??

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member

Question what to do??

ok so I've been gyming for almost 3 years now, and kinda been thinking to myself "what do i want out of this?" as in do i want to be a body builder, or a power lifter, or maybe a sport like... boxing...

i kinda ruled out BB, because getting down to like 6% BF is just not my thing atm (although one day i would love to see a 6 pack lol, and not the alcoholic type), and also power lifting i really don't see the point.. so that leaves boxing.. also boxing can lead to a career and $$..
    i do like hitting the bag at the gym, its my favorite piece of cardio equipment and IMO, the best.. also love watching Rocky lol..

also what would the typical routine for a boxer be? judging by the movies (Rocky ) you start off with early morning run/jog, then hit weights, then the bag.. and then abs.. i think..??
    might have to go find a boxing gym and try it out..

thoughts???

thanks

kronik

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    well depends on how much time you have to train.
    I would join a boxing or mma gym. Boxing is alot different then hitting the bag. And to make a career out of it you have to be able to be hit also.
    I train mma and boxing. About twice a week i do a bootcamp calls at my boxing gym. There are girls, guys, beginners. I leave covered in sweat in shot after an hour.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the reply gix

yea theres a boxing gym near my work, might join there. gonna have to cancel 1 of my other gym memberships tho, i got 2 gyms i go to lol. (1 for each bicep )

and on my days off (3 days a week) i got all day to train, but on the 4 days that i work, about 2 hours or so (basically just weights)..

furious_george is offline New Member
    I say find a sport you love and train around that man

Ive been weightlifting for about 10 years now and getting into an mma gym is one of the best things ive ever done. Keeps my out of trouble, got into a gym with really cool people and enjoy learning something new and different every day.

That and having a certian level of competition is pretty awesome. I still do the strength and conditioning thing a few times week but mma is the bomb (do people still say that? lol)

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well when I was a kid I wanted to be a Fireman Police Officer or a Doctor.But the thing was I could never make up my mind.Well here it is 40 yrs later and I still cant make up my mind

Thread Information