fire232 is offline Junior Member

Question Gear for BJJ fighters

I have been reading a lot from various threads. However, not one focuses on gear for bjj fighters. I'm 35 and I don't want to put on alot of muscle mass but I do want to cut fat and increase endurance. My diet is pretty good and I do run several times a week. I was told by a high level BJJ fighter some of the gear that the top level guys use. However, for me I was considering Primobolan and Winstrol and PCT. I was just curious what others thought since this would be my first cycle. Any help I would appreciate!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    no not good.
    and steroids dont cut fat.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Winni is hard on joints, ligaments, and tendons and primo needs to be run at high doses and is hard on your prostate. No testosterone ? Bad idea.

Alright, then what do you guys recommend since this would be my first cycle and I don't want to put on a lot of size? I'm also wanting to keep whatever gains I get. I've just seen alot of effectiveness charts and they all list Test as being very low in being able to keep gains. Thanks for the help!

it all depends on your diet, training and recover on how much you keep. One steroid doesnt make more permanent muscles then the other. Those charts are bs. Some steroids make you hold more water weight while on. So when the water drops off people think they lost muscle the gained

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No offense but if you are 35 and run several times a week??? You probably do not need to worry about BJJ specific steroids at this point. Its a common misconception that a specific steroid will somehow hold some kind of big advantage over another for a specific sport. While this may be true to someone at an elite level prepping for an event or doing rehab when months are availble to dedicate to recovery/repair, for someone with a casual interest in fighting this is simply not the case.

Assuming you are not under contract and fighting professionally and also that you do not have previous steroid cycles under your belt then a simple testosterone cycle would really be the only logical starting point. This will allow you to gauge how your body responds to testosterone alone then if you wish to add more compounds this will give you knowlege of how your body reacts to the new compounds, by the way all this stuff is covered in stickies on beginner cycles. Also you should of course familiarize yourself fully with PCT and have all chems in hand before starting the cycle.

I'm not offended at all. I do workout and run as a said. I have to for my full time job. What kind of testosterone cycle would you recommend? Thanks again for the help.

test is test. If you never cycles before stick with test e or test c.

How many mg of test do you recommend? Also should I use Hcg while I'm on a test cycle? The reason I ask is because of one of the beginner cycles that is recommended from on the forum.

what are your full stats and goal

My stats are: ht: 6 ft
    wt: 187
    bf: 14-15%

My goal is cut a little more fat. Which I know is mostly diet I'm sure. I just want to increase my endurance, cut body fat, & increase muscle mass a little bit or at least maintain muscle mass when I'm trying to cut body fat. I just mostly want to feel and look like I did when I was in my 20's again. I train BJJ with several guys who are around my age and they are on test injections through a doctor and all of them talk about how they feel so much better, and that there body fat seems to be decreasing. Thanks again for your help.

have you gotten blood work to see where your test levels are?

Ya the doctor said they were in the normal range for my age.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    400mg or either Test C or Test E is a good starting point for a first go round, this will provide solid gains while keeping the likelyhood of sides within reason.

I would stay clear of any super concentrated gear, that is 200mg/ml with Test C or 250mg/ml with Test E is a good concentration, higher concentrations like 400 will make the shots a lot more painful the day after.

As far as HCG goes while some would say its not mandatory on a Test cycle its always a good idea as it will prevent testicular atrophy and make PCT easier. A dosage of 250 IU's every 3rd day is the norm. You can start this in week two if you want since you will not see much shutdown till then.

In addition to the HCG you will also want to run an AI on cycle to prevent aromatization which can cause possible estro sides along with causing you to have more bloat.

There are a lot of threads on PCT and use of AI's the ones by Swifto are well written and cover different dosages and duration for different cycles. Unless you have access to pharma PCT chems and AI's which would be ideal but rare, I would go ahead and purchase the chems from AR-R there are a lot of cheaper Research Chem companies out there...but there are a lot of them selling bunk chems and AI's which is a real nightmare.

Good luck with it,

FFM

FFM gave you good advice and saved me some typing. I was going to recommend 300-400mg of test and everything else would be the same

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    FFM is right on. I also roll, the cycle I did was test only and it was good. The reason I did/will do another cycle is for recovery and a little more umpp to hang with the younger guy's/gals (I'm over 40 now) gear wont do anything for you by itself, it allowed me to do the things I wanted to do, I needed better strength so it helped me, I worked out but it allowed me to work harder, my endurance went up a little because I worked hard, rolled longer and etc I was able to do those things because my recovery was great!. Body fat will go down because you're able to workout/roll/cardio more (again diet has to be right) I dont think I explained it well. Use the beginners cycle and I guarantee in 2 months you'll feel great. It worked for me anyway.

Hey guys, I know I haven't been on here in a while, but thanks for the info. I have been working a lot. Could you point me in the direction on who to talk to about possible source checks? As far as who might do a source check. I think the source I wanted to use is bad but I just want to make sure. I don't want to break any rules but could you anyone help with any possible source. Like I said I don't want to break any rules. thanks for your help.

Thread Information