beyonddriven is offline Associate Member

want to enter my 1st comp soon

Hey guys I just went to the Rocky Mountain Body Building contest saturday Decmeber 4th. I went to watch a buddy of mine and of course to see Mr. "O" Ronnie Coleman who was guest posing. It was my buddies 1st show and I have to say he did well. He took 1st in the novice at a weight of 195lbs contest time. He is roughly 5'10 . It was an inspiration to me and now I have decided I want to give it a try as well. I am 5'8 and range from 200lbs to 208lbs depending on my diet. I am a bigger than him in the legs,arms, chest . However his body fat is lower than mine. My dilema is that I do not have enough fate in my lat spread right now. They are a decent size but I have larger hips which takes away from the taper. I am trying to decide if I need to bulk more to overshadow my hips and get the taper that way or if I should try to cut down I would guess that right now I am near 10 to 11% body fat. I have a pretty good six pack which makes me think that I just need to bulk up my back a bit in order to get my desired taper. If I did that I believe it would overshadow my genetically larger hips. Any insight would be greatly appreicated. I know it is hard to gauge my situation with out pics so I will get on that asap.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Yeah, it is hard to say without pictures. 5'8" 200 sounds like you could come in as a middle weight or light heavy. Depends how much body fat you're carrying now. What are your measurements? Have you picked a show to do?

Ok I have a pic that was taken two months ago that I am going to post. Bare with me it isnt a very good one. It is only an upper body shot. I am charging a D cam as we speak so I will get some better pics up in a day or so that show the wheels etc. Carlos my arms are 17 and 3/4 cold 18.5 pumped. My legs are 26 cold not sure about pumped......? right now I am weighing in at 206lbs in the picture I am posting I was around 212lbs. I have since then starting running 4 days a week for 30mins in hopes of reducing the extra weight I carry in my hips. I have never attempted to cut up. Since I was 15 I have always tried to pack mass so this will be an intersting expieriment. I think I am going to continue to lift heavy to gain some more mass for another two or three months then change my rep scheme to prep for the show. Yes I have picked a show. I cant think of hand what is called but it is in July and I am going to enter it with that friend I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by beyonddriven
    Ok I have a pic that was taken two months ago that I am going to post. Bare with me it isnt a very good one. It is only an upper body shot. I am charging a D cam as we speak so I will get some better pics up in a day or so that show the wheels etc. Carlos my arms are 17 and 3/4 cold 18.5 pumped. My legs are 26 cold not sure about pumped......? right now I am weighing in at 206lbs in the picture I am posting I was around 212lbs. I have since then starting running 4 days a week for 30mins in hopes of reducing the extra weight I carry in my hips. I have never attempted to cut up. Since I was 15 I have always tried to pack mass so this will be an intersting expieriment. I think I am going to continue to lift heavy to gain some more mass for another two or three months then change my rep scheme to prep for the show. Yes I have picked a show. I cant think of hand what is called but it is in July and I am going to enter it with that friend I mentioned.
    If you're cutting now I wouldn't recommend running for cardio. You burn too much muscle that way. Try walking on the treadmill. It may take longer to cut but you preserve more muscle.

ok thanks man, I guess diet is the most important aspect to cutting the fat out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beyonddriven
    ok thanks man, I guess diet is the most important aspect to cutting the fat out anyway.
    Diet and cardio.

Thread Information