Thread: tattoos

tattoos

Does this dock you points in shows? I have a piece that goes across my upper back, and i've been thinking more and more about competing one day, depending on how far i can take my body. I think it hinders the definition in my back. There arent too many pro's that have tats, but im sure it depends on the level of competition. I know i'll never be on stage at the Mr O ( ) but what about lower level comps?

I also have another tattoo on my right shoulder that im going to get removed withing the next 2 years, should i just go ahead and get my back piece removed too?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    good quest, I'm interested in the answer, too

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    with all the tanning and color you apply, a lot of the ink is covered....Most judges will NOT punish you for having ink...

great, thanks!

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Here is what a Judge told me personally. "DO NOT get any tatoos". its distracting to a judge, I'm sure not all judges gets distracted by it. in other words when they are suppose to be looking at youe body they'll be looking at your tatoos and miss your detail, in return resulting in a lower score. no they dont like tatoos on bodybuilders, a small one on your shoulder might be ok. thats just what I was told by a judge.

One more note, even my hair they told me was distracting. if you look closely in my Avatar, you'll see i have dreadlocks and its in a bun if you understand what i mean.

pain time is offline Junior Member
    Tattoo's that is a good question I have a lot of tattos and I am doing my first comp at the end of april. I can see them being distracting but you can still tell the size and definition of the musclues. But here is the answer, how many of us that have tattoos can go pro or make money in this sport? Not that many. I would much reather have my tattos and walk out on stage and look good then no tattos at all. I am in the best shape I have ever been in and the judges will see that, but if they dock me for my tattos then let it be that way. If it is something that you really want to get on your body then do it, look at my pictuer by my name.

Pain time

Quote Originally Posted by pain time
    Tattoo's that is a good question I have a lot of tattos and I am doing my first comp at the end of april. I can see them being distracting but you can still tell the size and definition of the musclues. But here is the answer, how many of us that have tattoos can go pro or make money in this sport? Not that many. I would much reather have my tattos and walk out on stage and look good then no tattos at all. I am in the best shape I have ever been in and the judges will see that, but if they dock me for my tattos then let it be that way. If it is something that you really want to get on your body then do it, look at my pictuer by my name.

Pain time
    Funny, when I read this threat at first, you was the first one that came to mind because of all your tatoo. and you are correct. do whats important to you. actually they told me to cut my hair if I wanted to go pro, but I said if I cut my hair it wont be becuase of them telling me it will have to be because I wanted to , so far I dont have much urge to cut it.. my hair is like my trade mark on stage, the audience love it and all know me by my hair. so I would'nt worry about your tatoo. they could go to hell, lol. freak that.

Mrment1on you hit it right on th nose. Why conform to what everybody else wants you to do. Your hair looks really hard core and makes you look more like a hard core mother fu-ker. If the judges do not want to make someone go pro because of there hair then there is something wrong in the judging system. I thought it was the body they were supposed to judge. Just my two cents. I will let everyone know how it goes for me on the 22nd two weeks away.

Pain Time

massff is offline Junior Member
    Hey Pain Time, is your show in Panama City Beach? What class are you going to be in? I'm entering as well. It will be my first show.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Here is what a Judge told me personally. "DO NOT get any tatoos". its distracting to a judge, I'm sure not all judges gets distracted by it. in other words when they are suppose to be looking at youe body they'll be looking at your tatoos and miss your detail, in return resulting in a lower score. no they dont like tatoos on bodybuilders, a small one on your shoulder might be ok. thats just what I was told by a judge.
    A judge told me this also...after i apply my jan tana competition tan my tatts are no longer visible tho.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i think it just depens on the juge, hints lee preist is coverd in tats, and i have seen many locals in NPC shows with manuy tats take first hands down

Massff

No my show is in charlotte NC and it is this weekend. I will let everyone no how I did with some pictures when I get them.

Pain time

massff is offline Junior Member
    Massff

No my show is in charlotte NC and it is this weekend. I will let everyone no how I did with some pictures when I get them.

Pain time
    Cool deal. Good luck with it.

Massff

Pain time
    Good luck bro.

Cfh_Y_guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Funny, when I read this threat at first, you was the first one that came to mind because of all your tatoo. and you are correct. do whats important to you. actually they told me to cut my hair if I wanted to go pro, but I said if I cut my hair it wont be becuase of them telling me it will have to be because I wanted to , so far I dont have much urge to cut it.. my hair is like my trade mark on stage, the audience love it and all know me by my hair. so I would'nt worry about your tatoo. they could go to hell, lol. freak that.
    very true, people know you from your distinguishing features, remember if you want to make money in this game its not all about the pro card. you can train novices, set nutritional plans. its all about that unique look, nobody wants to look like everybody else.

i_am_canadian is offline Junior Member
    so i guess a sleeve or a stocking is out of the question?!? lol

Thread Information