Undecided09 is offline Senior Member

Looking for advice for my first comp

Nark I know ur gonna kill me, but I'm mentally at the point where I need a new goal....ANWAYS, guys I've been training for a year and a half or so, funny short story, i got into originally because I was having trouble sleeping and needed some way to be more tired at night...ridiculous i know...Ends up I absolutely fall in love with it, cant get enough info about everything that has to do with BB or just fitness...SO as the year goes on I get more serious, more advanced, and more size!!! I put on about 25 pounds in a year and a half and most of that year I had very little diet knowledge/training knowledge, to say the least, i just always tried to push myself everyday i went and I made sure I didn't go for a week and then not for two, i stuck with it!!! So here I am today, fully embedded into BB, fitness, and transforming my body...Sorry for the long intro, but I thought I would introduce myself as I am not new to the site, but to Competitive BB....

HEre are some pics of me currently, I'm 183-189 at the moment 19 years old,ill be 20 in 7 days, and u know my training experience, lol, no cycle history, i hope not or else I ****ed up! lol....What i need to know is if I want to do a show in October I have no ****ing clue how to prepare for it...That means how to train for a comp, how to diet for one, how to tan, etc, etc, etc....Now i know that isn't how this site works, I know I'm not going to get a diet written for me,and I know noone is going to hold my hand, im not asking for that....But some insight here and there in the next few weeks will really help, here are some pics....Go to TOWN BOYS!!!

P.S. girls are welcome TOO!! HAHA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice for my first comp-may-30th-016.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0466.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0471.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0473.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0459.jpg  

Last edited by Undecided09; 07-18-2006 at 12:01 AM.

couple more legs!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0461.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0462.jpg   Looking for advice for my first comp-img_0463.jpg  

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    is the show npc????if you are still natty imo, stay away from npc for a while. pm me if you need some diet advice

The show is OCB, and yes u will be getting a PM soon...Looking for more help with everything! Help me boys!

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    your best bet is to post your diet in the diet forum and let guys pick away at it, use the search button to find some rreferences, also i have my journal up in this forum like a few other guys take a look at them and use th eideas from them....they cover anything and everything.....we will work with you 110% but you have to do some of the work first, get some ideas and lay em out and we'll get it straight for ya.....this goes for everything....

But first you have a great base, imo....and i think you can do well if you listen to the advice here, not all of it but just pick one or two guys and listen to them....

as for tanning, get in the tanning beds asap, start by going e3d then as your base gets up there go to every other day, ask to buy a lotion with at least a triple bronzer, and no tingle...

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    PM me anytime with questions, just please be specific with your questions, and same as when you post...dont ask for a diet, post your diet and ask for a critique...

Hope this helps, WEBB

Thanks for the Support WEBB, you'll be receiving PMs in the near future no doubt...But my biggest problem, that i touched on above, is that i dont know how to prepare for a comp...I mean its one thing to try and shred up for the beach, I know how to adjust my diet to do that, but I don't have the first clue about peaking, and carb loading, and rididng water etc, etc...thats why I'm having a hard time, I thought I would start now so I can be ready when I need to diet...Im still bulking, and ill finish bulking second week of august, so another month of packin on the pounds...

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Is this a natural show your doing? how tell are you? whats your diet like? workout? ect.

Its OCB, natural? i have no clue...theres drug testing...I'm bulking right now, but I need to learn how to diet for a show...5 day split...Quads Monday Hams/Calves tues, wed off, Chest/Back Thurs, Quads/Core Fri, Shoulder/arms sat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Its OCB, natural? i have no clue...theres drug testing...I'm bulking right now, but I need to learn how to diet for a show...5 day split...Quads Monday Hams/Calves tues, wed off, Chest/Back Thurs, Quads/Core Fri, Shoulder/arms sat.....
    whats your height? and when is the show date? you might want to consider changing your routine chest/tri's and back/bi's shoulder/abs.

Im 5'9" at most 5'8" and a half id say...I think my routine has been going pretty well, my trainer who is an NPC BB for fun, and trainer by profession wrote it for me recently, its been going well...

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Im 5'9" at most 5'8" and a half id say...I think my routine has been going pretty well, my trainer who is an NPC BB for fun, and trainer by profession wrote it for me recently, its been going well...
    Well if it works for you then keep using it. just keep in mind that bi's an dtri's are small muscle groups. by you working out chest an dback on thursday an dthen arms saturday, your arms are getting worked thursday and without recovery working out again on saturday only 2 days apart. but if it work for you then so be it. you stated you have a NPC BB fo ra trainer. Didnt he tell you all you need to know?
    Here is my 2 cents. yo udidnt give th edate bu twhatever date it is bulk until about 12 weeks before the show. thats 3 months. then go on a low carb diet. about 150 grams of carb, 300 grams of protein and about 50 grams of fat. yo ucan use this link as a guideline. good luck and keep us posted.
    UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

k, so basically a cutting diet all the way leading up to the show, and then the week of the show is a little more complex???

Thread Information