Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member

Shedding Water Between Shows?

I am up 20 lbs after a show this past weekend, I plan on doing another show this weekend. Any suggestions or tricks to drop the excess water faster than normally?
    Let you opinions fly. . .

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    After my first show I gained 46 lbs. in 6 days. solution, take a mild diuretic, take 25mg of dyazide. you will slowly piss it out. also yo uneed to drink more water.

I have been sipping on Dandelion Root throughout the day, along with plenty of water, and increased my potassium trying to counteract the sodium related water retention. I have no dyazide or prescription diuretics, so. . .I guess i'll just keep doing what I am doing and hope it pays off. I am eating only Tilapia (5-6 meals) and 1 cup veggies (1 meal), then 1 tablespoon raw oats twice daily. I hit the steam room and doing some cardio.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    I have been sipping on Dandelion Root throughout the day, along with plenty of water, and increased my potassium trying to counteract the sodium related water retention. I have no dyazide or prescription diuretics, so. . .I guess i'll just keep doing what I am doing and hope it pays off. I am eating only Tilapia (5-6 meals) and 1 cup veggies (1 meal), then 1 tablespoon raw oats twice daily. I hit the steam room and doing some cardio.
    wow bro the dyazide would have done the trick.

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    my uncle.....eats nothing but plain oatmeal out of package for like5 days b4...nohting but that

he loses all his water cuz water is pulled from beneath his skin to obviously digest all that dryness, and he gets SHREDDED and veiny and RIPPEd for contest, his feet get soo flat and he says, when i feel like im dying, its when i look my best....go figure, anyone heard of this???

also heard of jay cutler doing the same....let me see if i can pull the article

I am considering eating dry oats only for my carb up when I start cutting water for that theory of pulling more subcutaneous water into the muscle to be dry and full. . .

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbean
    my uncle.....eats nothing but plain oatmeal out of package for like5 days b4...nohting but that

he loses all his water cuz water is pulled from beneath his skin to obviously digest all that dryness, and he gets SHREDDED and veiny and RIPPEd for contest, his feet get soo flat and he says, when i feel like im dying, its when i look my best....go figure, anyone heard of this???

also heard of jay cutler doing the same....let me see if i can pull the article

yeah i have heard of this but most guys eat some protein with specialy if he 5 days out

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i drop protien at 2 weeks out..i love dry outs to help dry out, even thoug i was behind at ;last show i know they helped a bit...i just take them and add some cinamon powder and twinnsugar and grab a spoon, they taste great....hard without water, but worth a try....also try and grab a herbal diuretic tea, or go to the emergency room and tell them you have a lot of swelling from the show and whemn you see a doc ask for a script for a diuretic like diazide or aldactone..

Thanks for the help, I've dropped the 20 pounds since Monday and still have about 24 hours til weigh-in and 36 or so til showtime. Hoefully the dry oats will tighten the skin a bit. . .
    Lesson Learned: Don't binge eat after a show when you have back-to-back shows!!!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    i drop protien at 2 weeks out..i love dry outs to help dry out, even thoug i was behind at ;last show i know they helped a bit...i just take them and add some cinamon powder and twinnsugar and grab a spoon, they taste great....hard without water, but worth a try....also try and grab a herbal diuretic tea, or go to the emergency room and tell them you have a lot of swelling from the show and whemn you see a doc ask for a script for a diuretic like diazide or aldactone..

Did I read that right....you drop protein at 2 weeks from the show? You mean completely? That doesnt sound right....

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    sorry i meant i dropped protien shakes at 2 weeks out, not protien entirely just shakes...

Thread Information