bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member

Last meal of the day

Hey guys, I was wondering about what you all eat for your last meal of the day. I remember reading a lot of comments about doing a second round of cardio 2 hours after your last meal. I work as a personal trainer and go to bed pretty early at nite (early am clients). Just wanted to know what you usually eat and what time before you hit that last round of cardio. I know this is a diet post, but I'm looking for a competitor's insight, not just an average joe.

RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    Hey guys, I was wondering about what you all eat for your last meal of the day. I remember reading a lot of comments about doing a second round of cardio 2 hours after your last meal. I work as a personal trainer and go to bed pretty early at nite (early am clients). Just wanted to know what you usually eat and what time before you hit that last round of cardio. I know this is a diet post, but I'm looking for a competitor's insight, not just an average joe.
    Well some people do a shake and fats to slow down absortion for there last meal...but if u doing cardio 2 hrs after last meal, you dont want any fats after your cardio..There's a article Chris Aceto written on this..So after the cardio I just down a 0 carb shake..and take it to bed. The meal before your cardio all depends on where ur training is at..say if u have carbs post workout and then post post workout..then have 1 more meal before cardio, i'll just hit some lean meat and veggies..No need for carbs before cardio..unless your running or some real real intense cardio..

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67

so your doing cardio at night right? then eating then going to bed ? how long do you cardio for and what type of cardio ? and what was your last meal before you did cardio

RailZ is offline Junior Member
    This is a example of how I do it...bigsd67

cardio

Meal 1 - lean protein & slow burning carbs

Meal 2 - lean fatty protein & veggies

Meal 3 - lean fatty protein & veggies

TRAIN

Meal 4 - right after workout hit shake with liquid simple sugars..maybe some solid simple sugars also..

Meal 5 - 45-1hr later..nice solid..lean protein & slow burning carbs

Meal 6 - lean protein & veggies

2 hrs after that cardio

meal 7 - HIT A 0 CARB SHAKE..SLEEP..

I did something simlar to this..So it all depends on what kind of cardio u do, how u set ur carbs up..how long ur cardio etc..I keep fatty meals before workout so it will strive off the fat for energy..then after workout go back to lean meats like fish and chicken etc..

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks railz that's exactly what i've been doing as well, i just wanted some feedback from others.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I usually hit up a shake...

Thread Information