Getinbgr is offline Associate Member

Regaining Lost Muscle

I am 30 Years Old and weight 175 llbs at 5'11". I am a classic ectomorph, and my BF is approximately 12%.

As of two months ago, I had been inactive from any weight training for 18 months. Prior, through 14 months of comittment to an intense weightlifting program, I had increased my body weight to 190 llbs, of which very little was fat or water weight.

I was very surprised at how fast my muscles atrophied. But I have been almost as surprised at how fast my muscle mass and body weight has rebounded in just 2 months.

Is this type of rebound normal? Can I expect to reach the pinnicale of my past gains much quicker than the 14 months it took the first time?

Thanks for any insight.

kireol is offline Junior Member
    I responded in your post in over 30 fyi

juju is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getinbgr
    Is this type of rebound normal? Can I expect to reach the pinnicale of my past gains much quicker than the 14 months it took the first time?
    Muscle memory!!!

I had been inactive for about the same length of time, started last November at 200lbs, and now I am at 230lbs and in better condition than I was when I was active. And all of that was mainly through good nutrition and workouts.
    Make sure you focus on every rep and try different things to confuse your muscles so they won't get used to the same ol thing.

Thread Information