mant01 is offline Junior Member

How long to Compete

I love the idea of doing a competition and was wondering how long do you think it would take to go into one with a ok chance of doing well. I feel like since Im about to turn 30 Ive left it abit late but I was think its probably gonna be another 2 years or so to get up to that level. How long do you think it would take?
    Ive started my first cycle so couldnt compete as a natural and some of the guys even at a beginners level look massive.

Blog Entries
    you can compeat at anytime bro.....its not like your going to do a pro show right off so id say you have enough size that if you started dieting to cut you would look great....set a small goal like a local comp and go for it.....

mant01 is offline Junior Member
    You really think so, I thought Id need much more size first and yeah it would just be a local contest to see what its like. Id love to win one or come in the top 3. I think I might give myself the goal of doing a show within the next year and try and get to a couple first to see what the standard is like.
    What made me think about more is I saw a guy in the gym who is gonna compete soon and he looked like nothing to me. He didnt have much size at all and wasnt ripped either.
    I guess after my cycle its gonna be time to get ripped and do a show

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mant01 View Post
    You really think so, I thought Id need much more size first and yeah it would just be a local contest to see what its like. Id love to win one or come in the top 3. I think I might give myself the goal of doing a show within the next year and try and get to a couple first to see what the standard is like.
    What made me think about more is I saw a guy in the gym who is gonna compete soon and he looked like nothing to me. He didnt have much size at all and wasnt ripped either.
    I guess after my cycle its gonna be time to get ripped and do a show
    right on brotha'......its funny when you cut up how much bigger you end up looking...you will be surprised...

little jimmy is offline New Member
    its never to late bro i helped a mate get ready for a show this year and he is in his late 40s and never juiced and looked prity good pick a show to aim for get your deit on track or get some one to help you with it and go for it and a lot off shows go for more ripped over size and all so one mistake i made in my 1st 2 shows dont make and that was my posen could never get it together till my last few shows ive done and it makes a big difrents is well

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Anytime Bro...i started competing at age of 26 or so, now i am 36 and getting ready for show #8...my wife started at age of 20 and did her 15th show now at age of 30...it's never to early and certainly never too late...so go for it Bro...i know for me it's not even about winning it's about the expirience and knowing what i do only a handfull of people in the world can actually accomplish, it's self satisfying feeling that nothing else brings to me...often the road traveled is the highlight and the destination just the end of that road...good luck Bro!
    XXL

little jimmy is offline New Member
    yeah thats very true what XXL is saying im only compeating 2 years and have done 4 shows and 3 where this year and its so so hard to exspalne the feeling ya get on stage and the feeling getting pumped up back stage and its not about winning its abouth been able to stand up there ripped and enjoying it and one thing i here from every one and i say it my self every time is "i cant wait to do that again"

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Also you would have to meet the weight class crieria. If you are 142 you wont be competing against 250's unless you winn your class then go to the overall,which brings me to my next point you could do a novice class instead of an open class.

repira01 is offline New Member
    You can compete whenever you want. I did my first show after less than year of consistant training and got 5th in both classes. Also don't get discouraged if you don't place as well as you would like. The only thing you can do is bring your best package you can. I know for the organization I compete in its more about conditioning not size. Size does play a role, but if one guy has 17 inch arms and is soft he'll lose to a guy with shredded 15 inch arms. I was told about placing is that you never know who will show up at the show. Like I said only focus on what you can control and let the chips fall where they may. I hope this helped out. Good luck man

marbar is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mant01 View Post
    I love the idea of doing a competition and was wondering how long do you think it would take to go into one with a ok chance of doing well. I feel like since Im about to turn 30 Ive left it abit late but I was think its probably gonna be another 2 years or so to get up to that level. How long do you think it would take?
    Ive started my first cycle so couldnt compete as a natural and some of the guys even at a beginners level look massive.
    your never to late, I started at 36. I wan'st the biggest on stage when I did but came in higher than some bigger than me and lost to a guy smaller than me. Theres always some one bigger but that dosn't meen better. GET SOME GUTS GO FOR IT....

Thread Information