Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Starting prep for first show

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    So the most improved is over and I'll be returning focus to this thread. Competing this year has to be postponed due to some unexpected expenses coming up. So this thread will now log my road to August 2014.

From this point on we'll call it

prep for first show v1.5

So at this point I've been out of the gym a couple weeks due to changes at work. Between long hours and moving over to our new 3rd shift everything about my life has been thrown off to a major degree, but that should be sorted after this week.

For the moment the plan is still to do this first show with no AAS aside from my trt. I still aim to compete in the lightweight class, but if all goes smooth I feel I could possibly break in to the middle weights, only time will tell.

Digging around and found my "before photo" from when I joined 2 years ago this month. I was 165lbs. The rest of these new shots were taken yesterday as my final photos for the most improved at 160lbs.

Now sit back, hold on and enjoy the ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting prep for first show-image-3560534507.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-1887606130.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-2041573882.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-2402601579.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-1066517989.jpg  

Starting prep for first show-image-1402910900.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-596528424.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-3622926841.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-1212544196.jpg  

Time for a bump and continuation of this thread. Can't believe it's been almost a year since my last update! Didn't compete, just didn't feel ready really. I was hoping to this year, but my mind still tells me the time isn't right. In my head I was still off in size and conditioning at the point my prep would have started, and wasn't willing to sacrifice any muscle tissue cutting as hard as I would have had to. I've made a load of progress since my last post at 160lbs, but have put on a good bit of fat in the process.

New goal will be first show next June and second show in August. There's a span of 6 weeks between the 2 so I'm hoping I can hold out to make the second showing.

Current stats are 5'5 188 last week unfortunately about 20% bf I believe but leaning out on my current diet. Still "natural" outside of my TRT and a little GHRP6 on days my appetite falters.

Really looking forward to getting this log going again as this forum is the only real support I get towards my goals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting prep for first show-image-986845101.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-4194467598.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-2186091787.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-2708285751.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-234358215.jpg  

Starting prep for first show-image-3031726485.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-3093122794.jpg  

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Great progress. I remember the most improved. We've been around. Take this in the spirit I tell you. Because I want you to kick ass. Focus on your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Great progress. I remember the most improved. We've been around. Take this in the spirit I tell you. Because I want you to kick ass. Focus on your chest.
    It's been a major focus for a while now, and has come up a good bit. But yes it's lagging behind, and now that I've found the movements that work best for me I'm playing some serious catch up.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

So the scale hit 190, and now it's time to make a larger effort to lean back out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting prep for first show-image-2516776346.jpg  

Been killing it in the gym, backed off the last few weeks but still coming along nicely I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting prep for first show-image-1989563699.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-888943029.jpg  

Upper chest is really starting to show now. Managed to bring it up a good bit so far this year. Still floating just under 190 last time I got on the scales and excess bf keeps coming down so thing are still looking pretty good for the coming year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting prep for first show-image-2710344319.jpg   Starting prep for first show-image-3779298554.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    It's been a major focus for a while now, and has come up a good bit. But yes it's lagging behind, and now that I've found the movements that work best for me I'm playing some serious catch up.
    Heavy bench press and incline press work, unless you have shoulder injuries already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information