bw2506 is offline Junior Member

Contest Prep/general diet/training book e books?

So im in peak week for my 3rd show (physique) and will have some downtime this week to relax (outside of gym of course). Does anybody have suggestions on some good books/ebooks/articles etc regarding contest prep/diet/training. I love to research and am constantly reading on the subjects and am just looking for suggestions on some good reading material..im most interested in contest prep stratergies and the science behind spiking insulin etc and how that works...ive been maintenance/dieting since december and will have 4 shows under my belt after oct...so after that i am wanting to take a break and grow. Most effeciently of course...i have a pretty good grasp on diet. Been lifting pretty serious for past 7-8 years and alwYs focused on powerlifting type stuff...6'3" usually stayed between 265-280....changed everythibg around in 2013. Lost weight slowly over tge course of 6-9 months...

My last lean bulk i got up to aroubd 225 with dexascan result of 9.8%
    Since then, done 2 shows--best outcome thus far was show in may--2nd in masters and 2nd in open

Dexascanned yesterday, 5 days out fromshow at 5.0%

Anyways just throwing some stats around...but yea any suggestions on some good reading

Thanks
    Last edited by bw2506; 07-28-2015 at 08:43 AM.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would start here, there is a lot of show prep stuff here from Metalject and myself, as for ebooks i havent found many out on this subject, insulin any medical journal will have information on how it affects nutrient shuttling and storage etc...

i am with you i love reading and learning on this subject...

Thread Information