simple ecommerce site

Anyone here ever build a website? I am wanting to build a small ecommerce site, and have been doing research, but I would like to know who to go to?

I will only have a few products and want to keep the design simple, have a shopping card and the ability to accept payments by credit card.

My goal is something inexpensive and functional, also anyone tips on what books to buy for HTML or software, that would be helpful!

borra is offline Junior Member
    I know someone that uses oscommerce and they like it. http://www.oscommerce.com/ You can also google and search for "open source ecommerce" or "free ecomerce".

I use 1and1.com for my web host, they are cheap and have been very reliable since I have been with them. They also have some sort of shopping cart and commerce site but I haven't messed with it.

On my site, I use 2co.com for my payments. You can use paypal if you want to save the setup fee 2co charges.

Quote Originally Posted by borra View Post
    I know someone that uses oscommerce and they like it. http://www.oscommerce.com/ You can also google and search for "open source ecommerce" or "free ecomerce".

I use 1and1.com for my web host, they are cheap and have been very reliable since I have been with them. They also have some sort of shopping cart and commerce site but I haven't messed with it.

On my site, I use 2co.com for my payments. You can use paypal if you want to save the setup fee 2co charges.
    Thanks for the help Borra. Any other good advice would be appreciated!

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    if your wanting to be able to accept credit card your site will have to be secure. and thats around a grand yearly

critter is offline Junior Member
    go with zencart I have setup tons of sites base off that.

graffixct is offline New Member
    Don't bother with OScommerce dood, that stuff is junk

Go check out Magento , much better!!!!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    You're best of just using a piece of pre-made cart software, there are a lot out there, cubecart etc. I personally used paypal to cover my payment, secure, and instant, the user does not have to register and can just use their credit/debit card processing function.

JBlue is offline New Member
    Buy a template/shopping cart and get a developer to do it. If not buy a hosting service providers that provide shopping carts. Check out shopify. Pretty good and you can get your site started quickly which is important when starting a business.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    go daddy .com
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    Second goDaddy

Thread Information