RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Cutting Diet opinion/help

I know I need to add some cals Id like some suggestions on where and what. Im 5'11 235 and Im not sure of my bf% but prob round 15 maybe even more. Im an endo-mesomorph so I have a slow metabolism. The highest I want to go on cals is about 2000. Also on the flax seed oil I know I should take 2-2.5 tlbs but is 1 tlbs and the natural p-buter good enough? I can eat the can chicken without the mayo and stuff but for tuna it's a must. I hate fish.

Maybe some vegetables, fruit, or eggs. Occasionally maybe replace meal 3 or 4 with one of tobeys recipes mmmmm.
    Any suggestions or comments are welcome and apreciated

meal 1
    Cal/pro/carb/fat
    Oatmeal 150/5/27/3
    Protein shake 180/34/6/2

meal 2
    1 can chicken 140/30/0/2
    low fat Mayo 50/0/2/5
    relish 10/0/2.5/0
    celery 5/0/1/0

Meal 3
    1 can tuna 150/32.5/0/1.5
    low fat Mayo 50/0/2/5
    relish 10/0/2.5/0

meal 4
    chicken breast 120/24/0/1
    brown rice 140/3/29/1

meal 5
    grnd beef 7% 210/27/0/11
    natrl P-butr 200/8/6/16

meal 6
    protein shake 180/34/6/2
    flaxseed oil 130/0/0/14

total cal 1725 protein 196.5g carb 84g fat 63.5g

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Hi Bro

The first thing I notice about your diet is you are going to be bored of eating things like that all day and everyday.

What are you trying to do ?? 2000 cals on 235lbs will mean some serious weight loss.

IMO I would keep the protein at bare minimum 235g a gram per lb B,W

If I was going to do a cutting cycle I would do the following

Monitor what I eat fo a couple of weeks recording all P/C/F/Cals

Lower this limit gradually until I start to notice the results I want.

If you drop your daily cals suddenly you will lose a lot of muscle as well as fat do it gradually and you will retain more muscle using glutamine will also help maintain some muscle.

Billy

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Well

Shit Billy,
    You beat me to it. Good Post.
    Yeah Billy is right, Gradually lowering your caloric intake will allso help you to keep the weight off in the long run as well instead of creating a yo-yo type effect.
    Tobey

RON
    First off thanks.

I guess I should have given you a little more info. My average cal intake is about 2200. How did I get to 235 you ask? Well, first off I eat it in 1 to 2 meals a day. Also its all junk food. I take in about 72g pro 234g carb and 106 fat. Pretty bad huh. Well, I used to eat clean but with a wife and kids and my own business well you know the excuse. Many others have used it. Also I used to tell myself when I was younger If I ate bad or drank a lot I could make up for it in the gym. Wow was I delusional.

I've been on the diet I posted above for 2 weeks. I mix in other things like steak, turkey, and other clean foods. I use this as a base though. So Im either eating exactly what I posted or I substitute something with about the same nutrient values. As it has only been 2 weeks I haven't needed to be too creative as of yet.

Now as for my intention, I want my bf% down quiet a bit. Somewhere around 8-10. Im pretty muscular now, I don't mind loosing a little muscle to get shredded. Beside I've always been able to pack on muscle fairly easy. It's just loosing the excess fat that's hard.

I work out 5 days a week. Each body part once a week. I do cardio 3 days a week which consist of running for 30 min and walking for 15. Im just recouping from a chipped bone in my ankle so my cardio has suffered in intensity. At least I can run now just not great.

If you still think I should add more cal, should I go too 2200? 10X my weight is 2350, some people say that. Also, I was trying to keep my protien/carb/fat to 50/30/20 is that good? When I actually did eat clean, way back when, most people said 30/50/20, Now of course protein is good and carbs are bad.

The only other things I intake is 2 ECA stacks a day, which Im upping to 3 and 1 gallon of water. I quit drinking all the carbonated drinks about 2 weeks prior to my diet (so a month ago). I was drinking ice tea but when I started my ECA I quit.

I think I'll stop there now that I have babbled about myself for ever. Thanks again I appreciate all the help

Holy cow a 106 g of fat hmmmmm what is your b,f bro??

50/30/20 on 2200 cals a day that = 275g protein 165g carbs and about 49g of fat

IMO I would lower the fat more say 50/35/15 and see how that goes.

Lowering the cals the way you have done and watching the fat intake should help you burn fat and yes you will lose some muscle.

Eating clean will also help the prob

In BB diet there are no excuses - I learnt the hard way as well !!

Billy

RON
    Well, its not like I ate that bad every day its just an example. Im guessing that my body fat is about 15. Just because I've been there before and I look similar. But It could be higher. Ill measure it at the gym tonight.

Like I said I was always brainwashing myself to believe that I could make up for it in the gym. So I did some intense cardio. That was until I hurt my ankle and couldn't run. I have notice loosing some muscle over the last year. I guess that what happens when you eat so little protein and so much fat. Then cardio was probably too much also.

When I was in my early 20s I was 225 lean and I ate better but not good by any means. I drank a lot back then though. Now Im 29 and I see such a big difference in my body. At least I quit drinking. Now I quit eating fast food all the time. I just never added up the nutritional value in that shit before. Wow huh!

My actual long term goal is to compete in an amateur BB contest in two years. But like I said before, my short term goal is to get my bf% down to like 10 or less.

Thanks a lot for all the help Billy.

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    Jeez Ron...did you follow me around for a few months ? You just described, to a T, me!!! I'm 34yrs old, 5'10" 242lbs, BF around 18% (a tad higher than yours). I'm planning on entering my first amateur BB contest this coming March as a light heavywieght...yup...I have to lose 45-50lbs in the next 6 months. I plan on eating 6-8 evenly spaced meals totaling 2500 calories per day, which I will gradually reduce every few weeks. I intend on following a 50/35/15 ratio (P/C/F) which is exactly what Billy recommends. Most of my fat will come from egg yolks, olive oil, flax seed oil, natural peanut butter. I eat my tuna mixed with spicy mustard instead of mayo (same with my chicken) and put in a whole wheat tortilla (flat bread). For the most part I will follow a strict clean eating plan but I do like to A) experiment with healthy recipes (Tobey can help or you can find them in some muscle mags) and B) allow myself ONE cheat day per week...eat whatever you want in any quantity (be resopnable). After two months I'll switch to ONE cheat MEAL per week and for the last two months...NO CHEATING. Also, cardio 5-6 times per week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. After 3 months I'll add more cardio...2 x per day, 5 days per week. Two big rules...never let the protein fall beneath 200g per day and never drink any less than a gallon (4 litres) of water per day.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    OK before anybody makes comments my wife is not really 5'10" and 242lbs. I jumped on the computer and didn't realize that Roberta (Bert) was logged in instead of me So that above post was suppoed to reflect MY intentions...not my wives
    Pete

Mike Guest
    My god Pete - i read that and thought - is she fucking around? I mean he didnt say she was that big! hell i saw a pic - she was NOT that big! lol

RON
    Hey Pete,

I don't know your wife but I know mine. You better go back and edit that. God my wife would kill me. Maybe we should just erase this whole thread for Petes sake. Ohh bad pun.

I'd love to think I'd be ready by March or even sometime next year. I think I have a lot of work ahead of me though. Plus I think I'm pushing this damn ankle too much now.

I tried tuna with mustard today as a mater of fact. I ate it in a big leaf of lettuce. Yuck, I hate it. Im gonna eat it like that from now on but still yuck. I'll just have to get used to fish/tuna. The chicken I can eat plain. I like it.
    Last edited by RON; 09-19-2001 at 08:40 PM.

Mix the tuna up in hot and spicy sauces and the texture will be like chicken and you will forget you are eating tuna or stick it in a blender with milk or water , I,ve gone back to this method just for ease but make sure you have a strong stomach LOL

Billy

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Ahhhh Billy

Ahhhh Billy,
    I thought that we were past the blender thing. j/k
    Tne Iron Chef

Sorry- but old habits die hard - lol

Billy

Thread Information