Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speak
    So wouldn't this mean that you could change the GI by chewing your food more? Sounds like swallowing everything whole would be the way to go.

well technicaly if you chew it alot before swallowing the gi gets increases since the saliva contains digestive enzymes so the food kind of gets pre digested before reaching the stomach. But I wouldnt realy worry about that since chewing alot is good for the stomach.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont see why fthe more finer types of oatmeal has a higer GI than regular oatmeal - since when you chew and swallow regular oats they will essentially be in the same or similar state to the grinded oats

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I guess you can probably never chew regular oatmeal to become as fine as the fine oatmeal. Ever gi table I have looked claims a difference.
    When you chew regular oatmeal there is much compression aswell as breaking apart so it never becomes as fine as the fine oatmeal I recon. Dont quote me on that though

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I guess you can probably never chew regular oatmeal to become as fine as the fine oatmeal. Ever gi table I have looked claims a difference.
    When you chew regular oatmeal there is much compression aswell as breaking apart so it never becomes as fine as the fine oatmeal I recon. Dont quote me on that though

i'm just worried cos i've been eating uncooked VERY fine oatmeal for a while now - its lovely on some wholegrain fruit bio yoghurt, with whey

looks like i will have to give that the boot now though

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have recently started cooking mine, but that is a good point about chewing it. Sometimes I'll have it in a preworkout shake, which I dont chew..hm interesting stuff

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Fella's its not a big deal cooked or uncooked, fine or not fine. Its bascailly about the same any which way. Let not get too carried away now

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I usually eat about 6-8 oz dry oats per day (spread out over 2-3 meals), just pour in some whey protein and eat it like cereal. I notice, however, when I do this that I get pretty bad gas about an hour after eating. Does anyone else have that problem?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    when i cook oats they do a number on my stomach...but when i have them dry it is no problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information