Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Superballer is offline Associate Member
    nice progress bro! keep it up!

locutus is offline Associate Member
    Holy Sh!t bro. I just read this thread for the first time and the progress is awesome. Your face looks like its half as wide as it was before. I have to admit though, I cant help but see that chick in the poster on the wall before I ever even see you in the pic each time lol. To funny.

Great Job.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    haha I can't blame ya for noticing the chick before me...anyways i appreciate the comments and support fellas it definitely helps out!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    excellent progress my friend. i wish more people like you realized how important diet is. the results are in the pics alone, fvck yeah bro! keep it up.

thanks for the support hawk! I couldnt agree with you more about how important dieting really is...I was always to stupid one thinking who the hell needs a diet when you have NoXplode and CellMass! Couldn't have been more wrong! It's so funny when I talk to people now and they're like "oh I've been tryin to lose weight and i can't" or "yea I've been tryin to gain weight and I can't"...I tell em flat out its your damn diet! Then they'll go on and try to tell me "oh but I eat so much blah blah blah" or "I do this blah blah"...It's really amazing what a little research can do!

Well its summertime and the livin' is easy I weighed in at 200 flat on Monday 5-15 which puts me at a loss of 38lbs in 12 weeks. Still have another 10-12 pounds to go then its time for a lean bulk...Anyways heres my revised/tweaked cutting diet!

Meal #1-8:30am
    8 Jumbo Egg Whites...160 cal...0g fat...8g carb...48g protein
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal.......140 cal...2.5g fat...26g carb...5g protein
    1 Cup Skim Milk.........90 cal...0g fat.......13g carb....8g protein

Meal #2-Noon
    6oz can chunklight tuna...150cal...0g fat...0g carb...35g protein
    1 Heart Romaine Lettuce...110cal...0g fat...7g carb...5g protein

Snack-2:30pm
    1/2 cup oatmeal...140cal...2.5g fat...26g carb...5g protein

Meal #3-4:45pm
    8oz lean ground turkey....320 cal....14g fat...2g carb...48g protein
    1.5 cup green beans.......45 cal......0g fat....6g carb...3g protein
    8 flax seed oil caps.........80 cal......8g fat....0g carb...0g protein

Lift-6:00pm

PWO-8:00pm
    2 Scoops Optimum Nutrtion Gold Whey..220 cal...2g fat..6g carb...48g protein

Meal #4-8:20pm
    8oz chicken breast....320 cal...5g fat...0g carb...64g protein
    1 Cup Brown Rice......210 cal...4.5g fat...38g carb....5g protein

Meal#5-10:20pm
    8oz chicken breast.....320 cal....5g fat...0g carb...64g protein
    1.5 cup green beans...45 cal.....0g fat...6g carb....3g protein

Totals:2350cal...43.5g fat...138g carb...341g protein

Let me know what you guys think!

updated pictures

Sorry its been so long since my last post...Its weird how I'm actually busier during the summer than the school year. Anyways have been sticking with my diet and progress has been solid. I'm down to 194lbs which puts me at a loss of 44lbs since my diet began months ago...I'm really hopin to have a full blown six pack by the time I go back to school so we'll see!
    Last edited by UpstateTank; 02-13-2007 at 05:21 PM.

some more updated pics...

Well I decided to throw some more updated pics up here...Diet has been going extremely well...I'm down to 191lbs which puts me at a loss of 47lbs since I began my diet...I'm currently in the process of putting together a lean bulking diet that I will post in the near future and I hope to begin that when I return to school in September so I will likely need advice on that so stick around dammit!
    Last edited by UpstateTank; 02-13-2007 at 05:21 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    look a whole hell of alot better Tank !!!! good job bro !! looks like you got the abbs starting to break out nice ! if i was you i whould keep going and try to get the a lower BF% and get a little leaner

Rolling-Slab is offline New Member
    I am so glad I found this site!!!! You wont belive how much inspiration this thread has given me!. I am so motivated now by this thread, to actually get of my big fat ass and actually do somthing about my ever increasing midsection.
    I use to train a lot when I was in my early 20`s but gave it up after three years.I still have a 50" chest and gunning 16" arms but that don't count for shit when its covered in a layer of lard!.
    Anyway, Great thread, thanks for posting the the progress pics..
    WELL DONE!!!!
    Nick

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    GREAT WORK MAN. you should be extremely proud. you look great.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice work. Thats some great work. 12 weeks, 38lbs. Not losing fat too fast, and maintaining the muscle, how it should always work. Keep it up!

i really appreciate all the feedback and support guys...I gotta say though I owe all my success to this message board cause without it I never would have gotten a tenth of the success that I did...I owe it all to you guys thanks a million for whipping my ass into shape!!!!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Nice job cutting bro! you're gonna have to keep us updated on the bulk.

thanks for the support audi! Bulking begins monday september 4th so Ill get another thread started for it like I did this one

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    great job bro!!

honda4life is offline Junior Member
    Thats freekin awesome bro. I couldnt belive it. REal motivation. I will begina cutting diet soon as well. I think I might copy ure food plan as well and see what happens. i got the same goal with my abs, I had a decent 6 pack 3 years ago and after 2 knee surgerys I gined about 20 lbs and they went bye bye. Im about 17% as well and I weight about 215 and want to get back to about 190 to 195. Check in the near future for a post by me....

Once again thats freekin awesome man!!!

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    great job man

again thank you for the comments and support fellas!

Tambit24 is offline Member
    Very nice work tank. Def inspirational. I'll be following this diet almost to a t in a few days. Just gotta go shopping. Did you change your cardio during this or were you even doing cardio at all before the diet?

Well I started out doing cardio (february-april) then I just stopped it all together. Didn't really make a difference I guess as I still continue to drop weight...just got lucky! One thing I did change from my last post on what I was eating was eliminating the snack and just adding another 6oz can of chunk light tuna to meal #2....I also jumped up to a dozen egg whites every morning cant get enough of those damn things! Anways I hope that helps, i appreciate the feedback and support...good luck with it let me know how it goes!

Tambit24 is offline Member
    Man I don't know how you do a dozen a day. I am half way through my first day on the diet. I went for 8 egg whites, 1 cup of oats and 1 cup fat free skim. I thought I was gonna die on my 7th and 8th eggs.

haha i know exactly how you feel tambit...thats exactly how i started off couldnt really stomach em but ive been dieting since february so I guess I'm kinda used to it now, and dont worry bro in time you'll be too...just keep up strong with it itll be worth it

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    You're looking great buddy. Keep it up, you're almost there.

1buffsob

thanks for the support 1buffsob!

timtim is offline Member
    great work. keep it up.

thanks for the feedback timtim...cant stop wont stop haha

Yesevil is offline Associate Member

Motivating!!!!!

Man, I know a couple of people have said it already but this thread has motivated the hell out of me. I see pretty much the same body type in your before pics as I am right now. Even taking the same 2 supps you were taking (NoXplode, Cellmass). I see I really need to cut! I've been lifting for a long time too and am gonna use all the diet advice in this thread to try and cut from 5'8" 220 lbs. 19% BF down to about 185-190 lbs. Thanks for the inspiration Tank!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yesevil
    Man, I know a couple of people have said it already but this thread has motivated the hell out of me. I see pretty much the same body type in your before pics as I am right now. Even taking the same 2 supps you were taking (NoXplode, Cellmass). I see I really need to cut! I've been lifting for a long time too and am gonna use all the diet advice in this thread to try and cut from 5'8" 220 lbs. 19% BF down to about 185-190 lbs. Thanks for the inspiration Tank!!!
    Thank you for the support bro!

Yesevil is offline Associate Member
    No prob, reading your SD bulking thread now! More good stuff! Keep em comin!

i will bro...thanks!

iidea is offline Junior Member
    Hey upstate i have been looking for a diet and i am trying to come up with something tasty and somethin able to help me cut. i like your diet b/c it sounds like it is tasty and not too bland or boring but would it work for me considering i am 295? I know i might have to up some of the stuff but i'd like your input if you could.

Crowned is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. My question is, what did you do to change the taste? Did you eat the exact same thing everday? Im hoping you found a way to change it a little bit. Actually, I would like to know two more things... What time did you normally go to bed? Right after last meal or wait a bit? On your last listing of your diet, did you change when you did your cardio? Im liking this diet plan and might use it or something a bit modified for myself but I do like my cardio in my mornings. How would you alter it for cardio in the morning?
    Last edited by Crowned; 01-02-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iidea
    Hey upstate i have been looking for a diet and i am trying to come up with something tasty and somethin able to help me cut. i like your diet b/c it sounds like it is tasty and not too bland or boring but would it work for me considering i am 295? I know i might have to up some of the stuff but i'd like your input if you could.
    hey bro sorry i didnt see this sooner...
    anyways, the diet in terms of taste isnt that bad. Its kind of a lil rough to begin w/ but you definitely get used to it after a while. I would not reccomend this diet for you however. I was 238 when I began and you're 295! This diet was successful considering I did lose a ton of weight, but at the same time I lost a lot more muscle than I should have. Because of this muscle loss my strength also went down a boatload My buddy is starting a cutting diet, hes 5'2" 155 and this is the amount of calories hes taking in...i.e. i did not take in enough cals during this diet. More specifically I did not take in enough carbs. I started out at 220g carb/day, and I was still losing weight. At the advice of other board members I dropped it down a ton (which I shouldnt have done). I'm gonna start my second go around w/ cutting in about 6 weeks or so, and this time im gonna make my best attempt at doing it "right". I would def google the harris benedict formula and figure out you're maintence cals, and subtract 500 from there to give you a starting point. You gotta listen to you're body however, if you're losing too much weight at the calorie level, up your total cals by a couple hundred, if you're not losing enough weight, drop em by a couple hundred. Also one big thing I left out was cardio I've been hittin that up for the past few months and it def shows. My suggestion would be 4x a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach--something low impact as well i.e. elliptical, walking on an incline.

I def learned a lot with my first time "cutting", and hopefully this next time around itll be even better...I'm here to help so if you have any other questions fire away bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. My question is, what did you do to change the taste? Did you eat the exact same thing everday? Im hoping you found a way to change it a little bit. Actually, I would like to know two more things... What time did you normally go to bed? Right after last meal or wait a bit? On your last listing of your diet, did you change when you did your cardio? Im liking this diet plan and might use it or something a bit modified for myself but I do like my cardio in my mornings. How would you alter it for cardio in the morning?
    Yea I ate the same thign day in and day out. In the beginning it stunk big time, but after a few weeks I just got used to it, and in a way it became a way of life. During this diet I was normally in bed later than I should have been (its kinda hard to get to bed early while at school), so usually around 2ish, but once I got home that changed reaaaaaaaaaal quick so I was usually in bed by 10-11. Either way I would usually have my last meal about an hour-hour and a half b4 I went to bed. Also def hit up the cardio first thing in the morning. I've been doing that for my "bulking" diet for the past couple months to get my fatgain under control, and its been working. As far as altering the diet for morning cardio, you wouldnt need to alter a thing cause (i'm assuming) you're doing cardio on an empty stomach. As soon as you got back from doing cardio just have meal #1 and you'll be all set!

let me know if you have any other questions!

iidea is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    hey bro sorry i didnt see this sooner...
    anyways, the diet in terms of taste isnt that bad. Its kind of a lil rough to begin w/ but you definitely get used to it after a while. I would not reccomend this diet for you however. I was 238 when I began and you're 295! This diet was successful considering I did lose a ton of weight, but at the same time I lost a lot more muscle than I should have. Because of this muscle loss my strength also went down a boatload My buddy is starting a cutting diet, hes 5'2" 155 and this is the amount of calories hes taking in...i.e. i did not take in enough cals during this diet. More specifically I did not take in enough carbs. I started out at 220g carb/day, and I was still losing weight. At the advice of other board members I dropped it down a ton (which I shouldnt have done). I'm gonna start my second go around w/ cutting in about 6 weeks or so, and this time im gonna make my best attempt at doing it "right". I would def google the harris benedict formula and figure out you're maintence cals, and subtract 500 from there to give you a starting point. You gotta listen to you're body however, if you're losing too much weight at the calorie level, up your total cals by a couple hundred, if you're not losing enough weight, drop em by a couple hundred. Also one big thing I left out was cardio I've been hittin that up for the past few months and it def shows. My suggestion would be 4x a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach--something low impact as well i.e. elliptical, walking on an incline.

I def learned a lot with my first time "cutting", and hopefully this next time around itll be even better...I'm here to help so if you have any other questions fire away bro!
    Thanks for the info man. I put somethin together a lil different than your and perfectbeast2001 gave me his input on it. I assume that you lifted as well during this diet or no? I do the cardio already, except that i run but i've heard that walking is as almost good as running. Its hard tho b/c i live next to a senior citizens mobile home park and they are always out walking and i thought i'd be funny to see a young guy like me out there walking with them. Oh well...I also found the HB formula and according to it my cals are about 1000 below the maintenance. this is my first time cutting too so i'm gonna see how it goes and if it is too much weight i'll up the cals a bit. thanks for getting back to me on that. stay up bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information