scott23d is offline New Member

need to lose weight help

hi i'm on a strict diet and am not getting enough carbs in my body. how many carbs and what kind of foods can i eat to get carbs to lose weight. And when should i eat my carbs trhough the day,

thanks scott23d

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by scott23d
    hi i'm on a strict diet and am not getting enough carbs in my body. how many carbs and what kind of foods can i eat to get carbs to lose weight. And when should i eat my carbs trhough the day,

thanks scott23d

If you are trying to "Cut" weight stick with lower GI (Glycemic Index) Carbohydrates.

A few examples are Brown Rice, Regular rolled oats in the can, Sweet potatoes and Wheat Bread/Bagels.

You will also want some Fiberous Green Veggies in there to i.e Broccoli, Asparagus and Spinach.

Also make sure you read on EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) BEcause these will play a big role in your cutting diet.

Check the top of the Page for the "Cutting sticky" and if you have ?'s after that post them or use the search feature.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    nice job FrankieC that si exactly on... next just make a diet like he said (you can use the sticky as a reference and go off it) post it, and we'll help ya out! good luck brother

scott23d is offline New Member
    thanks guys but do you know how much of carbs i should be eating and should i be eating tem during the beginning of my day

thanks guys but do you know how much of carbs i should be eating and should i be eating tem during the beginning of my day
    I take in carbs at Breakfast, PW (Post Workout) <---Very important, and PPWO (The meal about an hour and a half after Post workout).

Some people have Oats and Whey post workout some have Dextrose and whey post workout it's all what you prefer.

For your PPWO you should take in solid foods i.e Chicken breast, Brown Rice and some Greens.

Try to avoid Fats for about three hours after workout due to an insulin spike.

The next meal or two after PPWO could be PRO/Fat such as tuna/flax, Chicken/Fish oil ect.

I usually eat a slower acting protien at night before bed like Casien/Peanut butter or Cottage cheese/Udo's oil ect

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    nice job FrankieC that si exactly on... next just make a diet like he said (you can use the sticky as a reference and go off it) post it, and we'll help ya out! good luck brother
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    I take in carbs at Breakfast, PW (Post Workout) <---Very important, and PPWO (The meal about an hour and a half after Post workout).

Some people have Oats and Whey post workout some have Dextrose and whey post workout it's all what you prefer.

For your PPWO you should take in solid foods i.e Chicken breast, Brown Rice and some Greens.

Try to avoid Fats for about three hours after workout due to an insulin spike.

The next meal or two after PPWO could be PRO/Fat such as tuna/flax, Chicken/Fish oil ect.

I usually eat a slower acting protien at night before bed like Casien/Peanut butter or Cottage cheese/Udo's oil ect

again great post, Scott23D this is right on !!

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    1. No stats.
    2. No goals.
    3. No current diet or research.
    4. No answers.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Im curious as to why you need carbs with your PPWO meal guys? Does this also apply if you workout close to your bedtime?

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    Im curious as to why you need carbs with your PPWO meal guys? Does this also apply if you workout close to your bedtime?
    Replenishment.

Your body is in need of energy for repair.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

and...when you use dex in your PWO shake, you create an insulin spike. reason guys sepearate fats and carbs is because that insulin spike will store fat if you ingest any. so you stay away from fats in PPWO incase you have that spike. and replenishment will happen the day after for the majority. thats why you run a bulker, you keep your cals up on a continuous basis. but in regards to PPWO its to avoid the insulin fat storing complex...

Thread Information