DNoMac is offline Senior Member

Time between Last Meal and Cardio

Wasn't sure if I should post this in diet or Workout forum, but here goes...

I searched the forum for an answer, but didn't find anything in the first 200 threads made on cardio, so I apologize if this has been answered before (or recnetly).

I recently began doing cardio in the pm, but I was wondering how long I need to fast beforehand to burn fat efficiently and not calories from my previous meal. I usually workout early afternoon (around 4) and have a protein/dextrose shake afterwards. Then, about 3hours later I do cardio for around 30min at 60-70% of my mhr. Would the carbs I took earlier hinder my fat loss? I'm concerrned I'm may be burning my pwo carbs instead of fat. Would the 3 hours be enough time? If not, how long should I wait after a pro/carb meal? Thanks.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    Wasn't sure if I should post this in diet or Workout forum, but here goes...

I searched the forum for an answer, but didn't find anything in the first 200 threads made on cardio, so I apologize if this has been answered before (or recnetly).

I recently began doing cardio in the pm, but I was wondering how long I need to fast beforehand to burn fat efficiently and not calories from my previous meal. I usually workout early afternoon (around 4) and have a protein/dextrose shake afterwards. Then, about 3hours later I do cardio for around 30min at 60-70% of my mhr. Would the carbs I took earlier hinder my fat loss? I'm concerrned I'm may be burning my pwo carbs instead of fat. Would the 3 hours be enough time? If not, how long should I wait after a pro/carb meal? Thanks.

I think that 3 hours is enough time. Unless you are down to 6%BF and want to get that extra couple off, I wouldn't stress too much about it. The best time to do cardio is of course in the a/m on an empty stomach, but, 3 hours of fasting during the day should set you up fine for some fat burning.

boarder034 is offline Member
    what if you do cardio in the AM... and then again aroudn 9 for an hour before bed?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'm gonna do am as much as possible, but there will be a few times a week I'm gonna do it in the pm because of time constraints. Thanks for the reply

Thread Information