yom
    yom is offline Associate Member

pseudoephedrine as ephadrine

ive pasted a thread i read 90mg of pseudoephedrine is equal to 25 mg of ephedrine ? is this true or bullshit

Controversy and Legality

Due to deaths linked to ephedrine many countries have taken steps to outlaw or control ephedrine. In the US, it is still legal to purchase as a bronchial decongestant with an expectorant, but cannot be purchased in pure form or in a pre-existing stack.

If ephedrine cannot be obtained, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine's optical isomer, can be substituted in. Contrary to popular belief studies have shown pseudoephedrine to have a thermogenic effect; approximately three times less than L-ephedrine. Therefore, three Sudafed tablets, or 90 mg pseudoephedrine should provide approximately the same thermogenic effect as 25 mg ephedrine, but the overall effects of a pseudoephedrine based stack compared to an ephedrine based stack have not been studied (it is unlikely that PSE would produce an anoretic effect due to the low CNS activity, which is responsible for ~75% of the ECA stack's weight loss). Despite its safety record, many countries are banning or restricting sales of over the counter pseudoephedrine as well, due to its use in clandestine methamphetamine manufacture.

As of 4/14/2005, U.S. District Judge Tena Campbell struck down the FDA's ban of ephedrine in the US, which may pave the way for its reintroduction as a weight loss supplement in the US.

Many people have felt that ephedrine is not worth the risks, and have tried "ephedrine free" stack formulas. However, there is no proof that any of these formulations are actually effective, whereas a great deal of evidence exists to support the effectiveness of the ECA stack, albeit with risks.

Angelus is offline Associate Member
    It can be the same in yhe CNS but the other efects like the branchiodilator effect are the same so 90mg of pseudo are overall more dangerous than 25 mg of efedrine

LadyJ is offline Female Member
    Yom just had to tell you this I went into your profile to see where you are as I can still get Ephedrine - and ... your date of birth is exactly the same as mine how strange is that!!

Thread Information