Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member

Diet Suggestions

Heres my current diet...i've been doing sort of a lean bulk inwhich i've managed to put on a lil size and even dropped a % or two of bf. Right now im sitting at about 207lbs at about 15-17% bf. I was curious as to what kind of changes i should make to start losing some fat. I'm not looking to do a hardcore cutting diet because i dont feel its necessary just steady fat loss. I havent done cardio at all the entire winter so i think once i start cardio and make small adjustments i should be set any suggestions? (I completely guessed on the numbers for the omelets since there are no values that i can find)

#1 8:00 A.M. Calories Carbohydrates Protein Fat
    Ham/Sausage
    /Cheese Omelet 300 5 20 15
    1 cup milk 129 17 12 2.5
    Orange Juice 122 30 2 0
    Totals 551 52 34 17.5

Meal #2 12:00 P.M.

1 chicken breast 133 0 26 1
    3 pieces whole
    wheat bread 210 39 6 2

2 slices of turkey 50 2 8 0
    cashews 85 4 2.5 7.5
    1 cup milk 129 17 12 2.5
    Totals 607 62 54.5 13

Preworkout Meal #3 2:00 P.M.
    MHP 510 58 44 11
    1 cup milk 80 11 8 0
    Total 590 69 52 11

Postworkout Meal #4 4:30 P.M.
    CytoGainer 620 80 56 5

Totals 620 80 56 5

Meal #5 6:00 P.M.

1 chicken breast 133 0 26 1
    3 pieces whole
    wheat bread 210 39 6 2
    2 slices of turkey 50 2 8 0
    1 cup milk 129 17 12 2.5
    Totals 522 58 52 5.5

Meal #6 8:30 P.M.

1 scoop protein 120 3 23 2
    1 cup milk 80 11 8 0
    cashews 85 4 3 7.5
    Total 285 18 34 9.5

Meal #7 11:00 P.M.
    1 scoop protein 120 3 23 2
    1 cup milk 80 11 8 0
    Total 200 14 31 2

Daily Totals 3375 353 313.5 63.5

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    so are you done bulking or are you going to continue lean bulking?
    you say you don't know the numbers for the omelet, did you buy it or are you making it yourself?
    why wait 4 hours after your first meal to eat again?
    you are drinking a lot of milk (not necessarily bad) but when trying to cut fat it isn't desirable.
    you are using whole wheat bread as a major carb source and you could be using better options (oats, whole wheat pasta, yams).
    there are justa few questions/suggestions to consider.

ok thx i appreciate it. No i go to college and its dorm food so i made due with what i could...the omelet they cook so i dont know the numbers and the 4 hours is only cuz im in class but im going to throw a shake in there i think. I drink alot of milk because it makes it easier to get my numbers up but i will start cutting the milk out. And i can look for a better carb source but as of now thats my best option

Also has anyone ever done cardio at night as opposed to morning? I was thinkin about doing this was just wondering if the difference was significantly different or not?

anyone else?

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Haro, I would like to critique your diet, but it seems you are asking for a difficult thing to attain... you want to continue a lean bulk essentially while losing bodyfat.

This is usually difficult to do (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Most bros are either bulking all out, lean bulking, or cutting.

If I were you personally, at 16% BF, I would choose to do a good cut for 8-12 weeks. If at 8 weeks, you think your low enough where you are happy then try switching to a clean bulk. Or if you still want to be leaner continue cutting and then assess your physique.

But, at least for me, it is almost impossible to continue to bulk and lose body fat....

let us know.

About the cardio... it would seem generally agreed that morning cardio on empty stomach is preferred.

However, if you work at 6:00 am, for example, it just isn't feasible for some people, in which case do it whenever you can fit it in, as it's better to do the cardio than not to do it because it isn't at the ideal time.

im not really asking for anything difficult? I'm doing a lean bulk where i am currently leaning out as im bulking. It is possible it's just slow....But i was going to start cutting a little quicker but instead of donig a drastic all out cutting diet i was curious as to what i should minipulate in my current diet like if that is my maintenance diet how much should i cut off in cals/carbs/fats see what im saying? The diet posted is now my maintenance diet i havent moved in 3 weeks so i was curious as to what to change thats all

you may want to find some better chicken breasts. 130 cals and 26g pro seems low to me..?

Sorry, bro, didn't want to come off as a flame...

For me personally it would be difficult to keep bulking and lose BF. So I can't offer much advice on what to critique. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what the other members offer for advice, as I'm curious.

I would definately say to keep doing cardio at least three times a week....

Quote Originally Posted by Superballer
    Sorry, bro, didn't want to come off as a flame...

For me personally it would be difficult to keep bulking and lose BF. So I can't offer much advice on what to critique. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what the other members offer for advice, as I'm curious.

I would definately say to keep doing cardio at least three times a week....
    No i didnt think you flamed at all sorry if i seemed agitated. Im not really bulking anymore i've reached my maintenance diet. Thats all i just didnt htink i need to cut anything to drastic just lookin for input.

You think thats low for chicken? The ones i have at home are actually lower in cals than that...100cals and 26 grams...but i've never shopped around for chicken ill keep it in mind

Thread Information