Need2getdebO is offline New Member

Need some guidance to proper diet

Hi guys I'm fairly new to this site, and in need of some help. I'm 6ft tall, and weigh about 196 (last time I weighed 4 days ago). I've been doing dieting (I guess), and have been eating 2-3 times a day basically all salads, grilled chicken, and fish (talapia), and the occasional egg whites, with no meals at night. I've also been jogging/speedwalking just about every day with a hard day then soft day. Hard day I jog/speedwalk about 4-5 miles. Soft day about a one and half. By doing this I've dropped 10.5 lbs, in about 2 weeks. Now here is the catch, last week my treadmill broke (which really sucks) so I've been running at my school's track. I want to know if running on a track better or worse because I barely sweat running at the track, and that's pushing myself. Whereas running on the treadmill I sweat galore. Another thing is that since my treadmill broke, my weight has been dropping considerably slower. In the first week I burned nearly 7lbs. Second week only 3.5. I don't even know If I'm on a proper diet been but I have been only eating healthy things basically. My weight goal is to drop to about 180lbs, within 2-3 months. Is this possible?? I have no knowledge in health and dieting and would like to learn. I also would greatly appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction (diet plan, how often I should run or something, what I should, shouldn't eat). I don't even know if what I'm doing is actually good for me. Only type of supplement I take is Hydroxycut (ephedra-free,caffeine free one), and may have access to a gym by next week. Someone PLEASE help me with a proper diet/exercise plan. Thanks, Chris.

P.S. I almost forgot to post this but does the time you wake up, and go to sleep affect your weight loss/body. I go to sleep fairly late at around 3-4 a.m. every night and wake up around 12-1. Should I change these habits. Are they bad for me because I have a irregular eating schedule. I wake up at about 1, go straight to school get out at 4, and that's basically when I have my first meal of the day even though I ate nothing past about 8-9 the night before. Because of this I try to eat my meals within this timeframe (about 4-9 so I usually end up eating about 2 maybe 3 but not likely meals). I know this can't be good. I'm dedicated and pretty much willing to do whatever it takes to reach my goal.
    Last edited by Need2getdebO; 04-05-2006 at 12:51 AM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    That's a long read with various questions. Lets narrow it down a bit and start from the bottom.

List a normal days diet in some kind of order.
    Ex
    9:00am (food eaten)
    12pm etc
    etc
    etc

This way we have something to critique and work off of rather than just a story.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There are guides atop the page to help those w/cutting and bulking goals, I'd also look into those.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    That's a long read with various questions. Lets narrow it down a bit and start from the bottom.

List a normal days diet in some kind of order.
    Ex
    9:00am (food eaten)
    12pm etc
    etc
    etc

This way we have something to critique and work off of rather than just a story.
    Ok sorry about that.
    12-1 When I wake up
    1:30-4 School
    4:30 First meal which is pretty late usually a salad w/chicken or tuna
    7-8 Second meal usually Chicken w/vegetables or chicken patty w/no bread or another salad
    2-3 Go to sleep

I usually don't eat after that because I'm not hungry. If I do get a little bit of hunger I drink water, and it gets rid of it. I drink TONS of water throughout the day also.

I read the sticky up above about cutting. Would that diet be right for me? If so I think I'd have to change my sleeping habits, and make a timeframe for myself (suggestions needed). Thanks again for the help guys.

let me know if I read that incorrectly. You eat 2times/day?

I'll let you answer before my jaw hits the floor.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

I know that's pretty bad. Yeah most of the time because I don't eat late and usually not hungry after that. I know that can't be healthy.

No it's not. Please go read in the diet forum, I can't critique your diet because you starve yourself.
    Very bad for your health and totally fcuks your metabolism. Not good for gaining LBM or losing Fat. You really need to educate yourself better.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

No I just don't get hungry lol. Trust me if you want to see pics you'll see I don't starve myself lol. I would like to follow a proper diet because I know just eating salads all the time and running isn't the best way to do it and probably not good. I can eat more times through the day if you guys give some tips on what to eat when to eat. The meals I do eat are big though maybe thats why I don't get hungry again.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    hungry or not you have to make your self eat more. break it down into 6 small meals not 2 or 3 big ones

Alright thanks Big L. One more question is if the cutting diet in the sticky above appropriate for me? Alright, I'll leave you guys alone now.

Honestly anything is better than what is being done now. So yes, it is appropriate.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Thread Information