Thread: Juice diets?

mkv213 is offline Member

Juice diets?

I want to run a strictly juice diet for about a week. I've read good things about juice diets as far as cleansing your system and ridding toxins. Does anybody have any advice on juice types (veg/fruit) and other shit to add or maybe a link to some reciepes (i can't seem to find any that are free). I need a concoction that tastes good and also contains nutriants. This will be strictly juice for no less than a week.

Thanks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    sounds like a dam good way to mess the body up.. all research i have read on cleansing diets last 1-2days anymore and you can run into some really nice issues.. that i can not recall but can be life threatening in some cases.. good luck w/ what ever you do but i think you need to research the hell outta this before you push forward w/ it.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    sounds like a dam good way to mess the body up.. all research i have read on cleansing diets last 1-2days anymore and you can run into some really nice issues.. that i can not recall but can be life threatening in some cases.. good luck w/ what ever you do but i think you need to research the hell outta this before you push forward w/ it.
    Ditto... and it's important you research tru neutral sources

Some of these naturalist websites spew some dangerous shit.

~Narkissos

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    not to mention no protein? you're body is going to eat itself in a week. not a good idea.

mkv213 is offline Member
    I know ppl who have been on juice diets for a month and they've all said they've never felt better. But they also said they started getting fatigued and weak after like 3 wks. I've been reading up and I think i'm going to stick with 2 or 3 days instead of a week. I know a lot of those sites have crazy shyt on them but hell I gotta say, I've read a lot of crazy shyt and advice on this site in the past 3 years also but not to say that I haven't read way more good than bad. Hmm well I guess it's all up to me to find my info since no luck here. Thanks for lookin out brothaz, yeah I'd start eating my body parts if I didn't eat solid food for a week.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    ROFL...this reminds reminds me of some FAT lady that went on something like that...two days later she was in the hospital!!!ROFL...I actually shouldnt laugh

as for the question...everything has been said...hopefully you wont end up in a hospital...unless your a really fat lady

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No protein for a week or more?

Good luck w/that "unique" approach.

It's one thing to want to cleanse the system, it's another thing to thwart yourself into full blown catabolism.

One step forward, a few miles back.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

It's one thing to want to cleanse the system, it's another thing to thwart yourself into full blown catabolism.

~SC~
    Yep...I like to try the best I can to gain/keep muscle. Say goodbye to at least 20lbs

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    maybee they felt weak after the 3rd week cuz they are already weak to begin with, but as a person who lifts weights and causes hypertrophy yoou are far above the maintnence needs of these ppl. The body doesnt want to be big. we have to cause it by overloading the muscles and forcing down high amonts of protein. the body will look for any opportunity to make you average agian, and a juice fast is perfect for making you an average weakling.
    and it WILL happen i a week. it can happen in a DAY. i got sick 2 weeks ago and missed 1 day of normal eating and bam, my next workout was horrible, actually my next 3 were., and im still trying to catch up!

if your gonna do this you should do it with a combination of protein powders, egg, whey, and casein. and use some flax oil.
    dont abandon your protien...EVER.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I cant imagine eating 10g of protein a day for 7 days. Bye Bye hard earned muscle

Mizfit is offline Banned

~SC~
    I was going to suggest a cleanse..

The master cleanse is apparently a good one
    Last edited by Mizfit; 04-06-2006 at 07:44 AM.

I was gonna suggest a burger.

Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box.

That'll clean you out real good!

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I was gonna suggest a burger.

Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box.

That'll clean you out real good!

~SC~
    Or a case of sliders from White Castle. I'm clean as a whistle after a few belly bombs.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Detox diets are a waste of time and money, say scientists
    By Mark Henderson, Science Correspondent and Fran Yeoman
    NEW year detox products that purport to rid the body of harmful chemicals accumulated through seasonal over-indulgence are a waste of time and money, leading scientists said yesterday.

Most of the pills, juices, teas and oils that are sold for their detoxifying effects on the body have no scientific foundation for their claims, according to toxicologists and dieticians.

They will not influence the rate at which the body rids itself of toxins, and any beneficial effects would be matched at much lower cost by drinking plenty of tap water, eating fruit and vegetables and getting a few early nights.

The entire market for detox products, which is worth tens of millions of pounds a year, rests on myths about the human body that are hitting consumers in the wallet, the experts’ report has found.

“Whether or not people believe the biblical story of the Virgin birth, there are plenty of other popular myths that are swallowed with religious fervour over Christmas,” said Martin Wiseman, Visiting Professor of Human Nutrition at the University of Southampton. “Among these is the idea that in some way the body accumulates noxious chemicals during everyday life, and that they need to be expunged by some mysterious process of detoxification, often once a year after Christmas excess. The detox fad — or fads, as there are many methods — is an example of the capacity of people to believe in (and pay for) magic despite the lack of any sound evidence.”

John Hoskins, an independent environmental toxicologist, said: “On detox, the Romans got it right: Mundus vult decipi — the world wants to be deceived — better translated as ‘there’s a sucker born every minute’. The only thing that loses weight on a detox diet is your wallet.”

The criticism of the detox industry has emerged from an inquiry into public perceptions of chemicals and toxicity by a working party of 11 scientists. The full report, Making Sense of Chemical Stories, will be published later this month by the charity Sense About Science.

It found that popular ideas about detox are based on misconceptions about how the human body responds to chemicals in the diet. The liver and kidneys are highly efficient organs that have evolved to break down and remove toxins from the bloodstream, and their function is not helped by products such as Gillian McKeith’s £19.99 “24 hour detox programme”, which claims to “assist the natural detoxification process in your body”.

“Our bodies are very good at eliminating all the nasties that we might ingest over the festive season,” said John Emsley, of the Royal Society of Chemistry. “There is a popular notion that we can speed up the elimination process by drinking fancy bottled water or sipping herbal teas, but this is just nonsense.”

Sir Colin Berry, Professor Emeritus of Pathology at Queen Mary, University of London, said: “Even if you drink an almost lethal dose of alcohol (which I don’t recommend) your liver will clear it in 36 hours without assistance from detox tablets.”

Other researchers said “detox” was a scientifically worthless term. “The concept of ‘detox’ is a marketing myth rather than a physiological entity,” said Catherine Collins, chief dietician at St George’s Hospital Medical School in London.

Tracey Brown, director of Sense About Science, said: “We were surprised to find such strength of feeling about the detox industry among scientists. The criticisms were unanimous across our working group, and were echoed by other scientists and clinicians.”
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Translation = It's f*cking whack.

~SC~

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I wouldn't ever do one.. i tried.. stuff tastes gross..

Plus i don't wanna lose weight.

brutesinme is offline Member
    a woman i worked with couldn't understand why she kept getting fatter. She would go on a detox drinking nothing but that greens + for 3-4 days. Then, being ravenous, she'd mow down on some serious burgers, fries, crap for a whole day. this would be repeated a couple of times every month. I tried to tell her she was wrecking her metabolism, but she wouldn't listen. Some people really want to believe what they want to. She ignored me, and the evidence around her waistline. she went from a hot milf to... you get the idea. good thing she's married.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I've done maybe four or five 5 day cleanses over the past 2 years. As much organic fruit and veg juice as you want, psylium(sp) husk, and benonite clay. I think they have improved my overall health a ton, mainly with joint pain which was terrible, now very little. Each time I only lost about 10lbs but gained it right back.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I personally do not advocate such a cleanse... However it is good to give the body a break now and then.. When on a bulk I will always have days that i cut calories to BMR .. This way I can let my body have a day of rest and give it a break.

I suggest that you may take a day to flush but no more.... my .02

good luck.
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 04-06-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Thread Information