mcgas7 is offline Associate Member

Best post workout foods/fluids?

what is best have for my post workout meal/fluids?

cheers

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    both work aslong as they contain carbs, lots of protein and no fat.

a maxx gain drink or something similar?

simple carbs??

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have no clue what a maxx gain drink is.

you can go with simple carbs or complex carbs. Try both and se what gives you the best results.

My pwo shake is milk, banana, cocoa, whey and sweetener.

mass* gain drink..

bcap is offline Member
    60g dextrose, 30g whey protein. an hour later, 1/2 cup oats and a chicken breast

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    .25g protein per lb of bodyweight (protein needs to come from bacon!), 6 sweet tarts, 1/3 bannana, 4 oz of a Wendy's Frosty. And a dash of splenda for a lil' sweetness.

OR

1.5 cups oats + 2scoops whey

OR

60-80g dex + 30-50g protein

OR

Milk + bannana + whey

OR

You can try using the search button since this subject has been covered 1000 times and everyone's PWO is different.

1buffsob

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgas7
    what is best have for my post workout meal/fluids?

cheers
    Depends on what your goals are.

~SC~

pioneer is offline Banned
    My PWO shake consists of 40 grams whey/casein and 65grams maltodextrin (short,med, and long chain) and 15 grams glucose. Is this a good PWO shake to add lean muscle mass?

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    I usually use one of the following:

Steak, brown rice, and applesauce

Turkey sandwich, brown rice apple sauce

Chicken breast brown rice, applesauce

bcap is offline Member
    i drink a few beers in the changeroom for my pwo shake

joke, i'm so funny. 60g dex and 30g whey mixed with water is what i use

Quote Originally Posted by Steve80

Are you using the applesauce as your high glycemic carbs?

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    "Best" is a very realative word. Everyone has different bodies, needs and goals. Based on your goals, your current body composition, and diet times - you can have a combination of things based on WHOLE food and macro nutrients. The only suppliment I use is a quality whey protien with malti-dextrin/dextrose in a 1:2 ratio and real food and water. Cheap and healty. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be. You just "hurt" your muscle tissue in a short, controlled manner. You need to heal it with real food and water.

This knowloge is not rocket science. It is in ALL the sticky posts and by searching the forum. Not trying to slam, but you can get your answers much faster. Go to- search and advanced search - 95% of your questions have been answered already.

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer

After I workout, I feel dead, when i eat the applesauce with the other foods it gives me a little boost, makes me feel much more normal. If I do not have it I feel sick.

After I workout, I feel dead, when i eat the applesauce with the other foods it gives me a little boost, makes me feel much more normal. If I do not have it I feel sick.
    What kind of apple sauce do you recommend? Organic? Sugar free? Fat free?

Quote Originally Posted by dbstyles
    "Best" is a very realative word. Everyone has different bodies, needs and goals. Based on your goals, your current body composition, and diet times - you can have a combination of things based on WHOLE food and macro nutrients. The only suppliment I use is a quality whey protien with malti-dextrin/dextrose in a 1:2 ratio and real food and water. Cheap and healty. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be. You just "hurt" your muscle tissue in a short, controlled manner. You need to heal it with real food and water.

This knowloge is not rocket science. It is in ALL the sticky posts and by searching the forum. Not trying to slam, but you can get your answers much faster. Go to- search and advanced search - 95% of your questions have been answered already.
    I've noticed that you mispelled the above bold word in several of your posts. It is MALTODEXTRIN. Also it is not rocket science, we all know! But there is some disagreement to whether just use whey and dex or add some malto with the dex.

The BASICS-
    1.Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

This was a post from a Sticky Rambo created. He recommends 50% dex and 50% MALTO in our PWO shake.

I am only trying to add lean muscle and i have a very low body fat percentage (6-8%).

What do you guys recommend for PWO shake and PPWO MEAL?

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    Duh! My bad - totally didn't read before putting it up. Thank you

I am just coming off years of being stuck with body comp that I didn't like because I had the mentality that I needed specially engineered protein shakes.

My results recently, have been much better with making life easier by including a simple carb whey shake in a 2:1 ratio as PWO, and a low GI carb/pro meal with a little veggies PPWO. I am open to trying both dex and malto and see what works best for me and my goals.

I am currently in the mid teens with my body fat and trying to get down to below 10 by eating right and working our smart. After another 6 weeks I am going to review how I am doing and see if there are some small changes to make tho.

What are your lean muscle mass stats? From what I ahve been reading, I found that is a good gauge for how much PWO/PPWO macros to take in. Is this the correct thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by dbstyles
    Duh! My bad - totally didn't read before putting it up. Thank you

I am just coming off years of being stuck with body comp that I didn't like because I had the mentality that I needed specially engineered protein shakes.

My results recently, have been much better with making life easier by including a simple carb whey shake in a 2:1 ratio as PWO, and a low GI carb/pro meal with a little veggies PPWO. I am open to trying both dex and malto and see what works best for me and my goals.

I am currently in the mid teens with my body fat and trying to get down to below 10 by eating right and working our smart. After another 6 weeks I am going to review how I am doing and see if there are some small changes to make tho.

What are your lean muscle mass stats? From what I ahve been reading, I found that is a good gauge for how much PWO/PPWO macros to take in. Is this the correct thinking?

Yes and here is the formula.

.25g Protein per pound of LBM and 1.5-2g of carbs per gram of protein pwo
    so if u have 150lbs of lbm you will need close to 38-40g protein pwo and 60-80g of carbs.

Thread Information