Venum is offline Member

on PP, need diet help

hey guys, i know on PP i have to up my calories big time, but I want to remain lean because I am going on vacation in 5 weeks. What are good clean foods to eat that will raise my calories up and not put on too much fat? i eat about 200 carbs a day all coming from brown rice and oatmeal. is there any food to eat thats not all carbs to up the calories? first day on the PP today...5'10 180 lbs

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    check out the sticky above by MikeXXL that is about gaining lean mass slowly without getting fat...formulate a diet then post it for critiquing...also when taking something you should really have the diet in check 1st before starting so you can maximize results.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    On pee pee?

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    On pee pee?

~SC~
    Don't be a smart ass

Actually, I have no idea what pp means.

So it's actually a legit question.

~SC~

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    phera-plex.

and Venum,why didn't you have your diet in order before you started taking it?

Venum is offline Member
    my diet is in order, i posted it the other day on another thread asking for a critique. all i need to do is up my calories, which i have been doing all i wanted t know is if there possibly was a better way to up calories instead of upping too many carbs............

you need carbs to grow and especially while taking steroids . up them.

Venum is offline Member
    i take in around 200 carbs a day all coming from oatmeal and brown rice...would another say 50-75 carbs usually be enough for the juice boost?

i would up it by 200, based on your diet post that you had up a few days ago.

Venum is offline Member
    i am a little carb sensitive, but we'll see what happens

well up them by at least 100 then. seriously when on any steroid , carbs can only help you grow. i'm sensitive a little too and i upped mine a lot and didn't notice a spot of fat gain while on Phera-plex. do yourself the favor and up them bro.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Up the clean low glycemic carbs, i am low carbing right now but i dont want to do the original crap with bacon and all that saturated fat.

Clean good carbs like oat meal and others will not make you gain fat.

Venum is offline Member
    thats all i eat, and i swear on it..i dont cheat, not even whole wheat bread, no wraps, nada...oats, brown rice, and sometimes chick (garbanzo) beans..its hard for me to put down alot of carbs on non-work out days, even though i still need them, mentally it bothers me but ill get through it

Eat only the carbs you need for energy/repair/protein sparing so the protein can rebuild and do it's work. Carbs help you to get big by those methods, not by over-eating them as carbs do not directly build muscle tissue at all.

~SC~

Venum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Eat only the carbs you need for energy/repair/protein sparing so the protein can rebuild and do it's work. Carbs help you to get big by those methods, not by over-eating them as carbs do not directly build muscle tissue at all.

~SC~
    swole, so you are saying on my off days it is ok to eat less carbs and it wont effect my muscle growth while on a cycle?

I most certainly eat less carbs when expending less energy, unless I want to pack un-used energy on as fat for a later date.

On a workout day you eat up until your workout, and over the course of the day and during the workout you utilize that fuel. Then after, the carbs we eat are not used as fuel, no, but rather as a part of the repair process after weight training.

On days off, when glycogen stores are full and you've already begun the repair process the day before, I don't see a need for the same amount of carbs, no. This day off is a day when you won't expend nearly the energy you did working out, and as a result, you have no demand by the body to consume the pwo amount of carbs as you did the day before.

You still need them, yes, but the amount of the size of the "carb army" is less than the day before when you were going to war w/weights.

If you want to know what I'd do, it's add a few tablspoons that day of flaxseed oil or other healthy EFA into my diet. Fats are anabolic and help hormone levels, so there's another good reason to include them while you are resting/recovering.

Just my thoughts on it, but it's not scripture. Damn near, but not yet.

~SC~

Venum is offline Member
    thanks swole, you are the man...

Thread Information