Thread: too much fat?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

too much fat?

6' 197lbs 13-15% bf just looking to lean up a bit, put on some more lean mass before summer. goal is to be at 205lbs with about 11-12% bf. doing the cardio in the am, just tweeking my diet, so here is my dilema so to speak:

i get about 6tbsp of flax a day + 2 tbsp of olive oil per day. thats about 95g of fat. is that too much? my total intake for the day is about 220-275g protein, those 95g of fat, and and about 140g of carbs(110g from PWO and PPWO alone)

dannyboy18 is offline New Member
    It's hard to say without seeing your daily meals. Someone could say that 95g. of fat from oils is great per day but without seeing when you take it could hurt you. You take in a majority of your carbs pwo and ppwo so if your taking your fats with those meals then your fats are becoming useless and only hurting you. Post a daily diet with macros and you'll get great responses.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    So are you trying to lean up a bit, or put on some lean mass before the summer? I'd try to do one or the other. And like dannyboy said, we need the whole diet to critique.

1buffsob

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Leaning up a bit and putting on some lean mass require two different protocols.
    Best bet is to focus on one or the other, and anything above/beyond that result wise is a bonus.

~SC~

m1 - oats

m2 - 2tbsp flax/2 scoops whey

m3 - grilled chicken(or some other lean meat) with 2 tbsp olive oil + veggies(broccoli, water chestnuts, romaine, spinach, spinach and spinach)

m4 - same as meal 3 only with 2tbsp flax not olive oil

m5 - 2 tbsp flax/ 2 scoops whey

m6 - PWO (15g glutamine, 2 scoops whey, 80-90g of dex)

m7 - PPWO - grilled chicken or other lean meat, + veggies(same as m3) + complex carb (baked potato, brown rice or whole wheat toast)

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Leaning up a bit and putting on some lean mass require two different protocols.
    Best bet is to focus on one or the other, and anything above/beyond that result wise is a bonus.

~SC~

suppose i cleaned up a bad diet wouldnt i lose fat naturally w/o hindering my gains?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It all depends on how new you are to the weight training game, and how bad the bad diet really was.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It all depends on how new you are to the weight training game, and how bad the bad diet really was.

~SC~

not new, and it wasnt that bad lol, just curious lol.

Thread Information