Please critique- summer cutting plan

Well i have finally completed my plan for my summer cutting plan that will last 14 weeks starting on 22nd May. I am going all out with this, lasting 14 weeks exactly until my 21st birthday when i will have a good feed day, then il see how i need to go.

my current stats are:
    20 years old, approx 230lbs, aprox 25% body fat, 5'10"
    Goal: I hope to drop my body fat to below 20% with about 17% my goal by the time i go to cuba on 11th september. (is this reasonable? could i do more?) and my weight to remain at about 210lbs (205lbs LOWEST)

I have split my diet up into 3 parts, with carbs lowering as the time progresses and fat intake increasing. obviously my fats will be coming from healthy sources such as avocado's, natty PB, almonds etc etc. Carbs will be all complex except for 50% of my PWO shake which will be a 50:50 mix of dextrose and maltodextrin.

My workouts, though not what i would like to do, will have to do. I will have to do my workout in the morning with cardio coming in the evening approx 3 hours after my dinner. this is due to summer job commitments. my workouts will be based on the x-rep principle, and each body part will be trained once per week. cardio will be extended either by one extra session or a longer period each week.

my diet plan is below:

Weeks 1-4
    Daily: approx 2800 kcals
    Carbs: 250g
    Protein: 310g
    Fat: 60g

i will consume 8 meals per day, as follows
    Breakfast: 30g Protein/50g Carb (320cals)
    Preworkout: 30g protein/50g carbs (320cals)
    Post Workout: 50g protein/100g carbs (600kcals)
    Lunch: 50g protein/20g Fat (380 cals)
    Snack: 25g Protein/20g fat (280 cals)
    Dinner: 50g protein/50g carb (500cals)
    Post Cardio: 35g protein/10g fat (230cals)
    Bedtime: 40g protein/10g fat (250cals)

Weeks 5-9
    Daily: approx. 2600 kcals
    Carbs: 175g
    Protein: 320g
    Fat:70g

Breakfast: 40g Protein/25g Carb (260cals)
    Preworkout: 30g protein/25g carbs (220cals)
    Post Workout: 50g protein/75g carbs (500kcals)
    Lunch: 50g protein/20g Fat (38 cals)
    Snack: 30g Protein/20g fat (300 cals)
    Dinner: 50g protein/50g carb (500cals)
    Post Cardio: 30g protein/15g fat (255cals)
    Bedtime: 40g protein/15g fat (295cals)

Weeks 10-14
    Daily: approx. 2500kcals
    Carbs:125g
    Protein:330g
    Fat: 75g

Breakfast: 40g Protein/25g Carb (260cals)
    Preworkout: 30g protein/20g carbs (200cals)
    Post Workout: 30g protein/60g carbs (360 kcals)
    Lunch: 50g protein/25g Fat (425 cals)
    Snack: 30g Protein/20g fat (300 cals)
    Dinner: 60g protein/20g carb (320cals)
    Post Cardio: 40g protein/15g fat (295cals)
    Bedtime: 50g protein/15g fat (335cals)

Supplements will be:
    Whey Protein (Dymatize elite whey)
    Either CEE or AAKG (any advice or neither?)
    Glutamine
    Multivits and multiminerals (and extra vit C)
    Universal Animal Cuts (weeks 5 onwards)

I will b consuming 3 liquid meals per day, these coming as pre workout, post workout and the third will be divided into 2, one half as pat of my snack and the other half as part of my before bed meal.

I plan on consuming a lot of fibrous veg to compensate for the high levels of protein. All the values listed above will fluctuate slightly as i know it will be almost impossible to keep all fat and all carbs apart, but they will be stuck to as best as possible. my carbs are high for the first few weeks to get my body in a carb burning mode only to be switched quickly to needing to burn more fat. i have tried super low carbs and it doesnt work for me if i go below about 100g/day. i understand 250g is high for the first few weeks so is this a problem?

any help at all is appreciated. i know iv probaby made a few mistakes and thats why i want the critique. i appreciate you taking the time to help me out

thanks
    Last edited by nirish_mark20; 04-13-2006 at 06:46 PM.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    IM not gonna critique the diet, i think it could use a little work, but ill leave that for someone else....but your goal of 17% is very realisic, if you get your diet and cardio in check and do things right, i would say even 15%-16% is mangable after 14 weeks....Good luck bro

the_experiment is offline New Member
    i'd change the "dinner meal - pro/carb" before cardio
    to pro/fat. that's me though.

May 22nd is next month. You could probably surpass your current goal for Cuba, if you start your diet, now, and at least do some cardio, too. make eating right a lifetime habit, now.

good luck.

bc56f100 is offline New Member
    Yes just listen to these guys on here and you will be amazed!! I have lost almost 40 lbs. in around 3 months and actually look bigger than I did before! I always thought I would need to take some kind of steroid to get these kinds of results, but I was completely shocked!! Diet cardio and working out can do some amazing things!! I have actually gotten better results than some of my friends on the juice!! Good luck man dont get frustraighted and mess it up! You will be so much happier with yourself when its all over with! When someone chimes in on the diet take it to heart! They know what there talkin about!!

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i would cut out more carbs more quickly. no need to taper down with this

i would also switch your cardio to the AM and make your PM workout lifting (i know its late) i think you will see much better results with AM cardio, especially if you do it before you eat.

i would do my workouts in the evening just by the time i finish work and get home my gym will b closed, and the nearest one is a drive away and i cant drive a car yet! lol.

would evening cardio rly b that bad? because it will b on am empty stomach

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    its not that bad, just tyring to help you get there a little faster

bump^^^

bump please for input!

anyone?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    ok just a few things that i would do if i was you...

i wouldn't use sugar PWO. i would use a whole food source and drink aminos. oats and whey is a good choice. do you have a 4th carb meal because you feel tired and need a boost? if you do then keep it, if not, change it. remember that eating healthy fats and EFA's encourages lipolysis, which releases FFA's into teh blood stream, you also need to perform work to burn those FFA's. up your cardio if you are going to be upping your fats from where they were before the diet. if you are going to do cardio in teh evening wait about 3 hours after a meal to do it. just reduce calories and increase your cardio and you will lose. losing weight isnt about eating super clean its about inbcreasing activity and eating in a calorie deficit. cleanlines just amplifies results. good luck.

-nOva

Thread Information