Thread: PWO Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bcap is offline Member

PWO Question

PWO Question:

I'm cutting, weigh 187 and usually only have 3 carb meals a day.

I worked out chest this morning, took my pwo aftewards, i'm going back to do legs tonight, i've already had my 3 pro/carb meals should i have another pro/dex after workout tongiht?

thanks, bryan

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Working legs after chest in the same day!! I have to take a day off before and after leg day or my leg workout is terrible. I suppose you would need another two pro/carb meals.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i would have to say you should have planned a lil better and yes, you will definately need a pro/carb meal after your leg workout.

bcap is offline Member
    Planned a little better? How is this bad?

I had enough rest in between, I was feeling great for my leg workout and I totally crushed it. Super sore now though

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    What are you planning to do tommorrow? Day off I hope!

bcap is offline Member
    Ehh probably back or shoulders. I'm HARDCORE!! lol

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Ehh probably back or shoulders. I'm HARDCORE!! lol
    You may call it hardcore, others may call it un-educated.

Not a flame, just a statement.

~SC~

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That alot of muscle tissue damage in one day. I hope to God your not cutting.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    That alot of muscle tissue damage in one day. I hope to God your not cutting.

as long as his diet is up to par...protein and timing of those carbs, etc....he will be fine not saying his diet is but diet is key when cutting

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    as long as his diet is up to par...protein and timing of those carbs, etc....he will be fine not saying his diet is but diet is key when cutting

I realize that thanks.

Doing that much physical workout while being hypocaloric no matter how good your diet is is gonna be a bad thing. Cortisol levels, will be on the rise, bad thing.....

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    as long as his diet is up to par...protein and timing of those carbs, etc....he will be fine
    Great to know you can see the future.

~SC~

pioneer is offline Banned
    why no maltodextrin in with you PWO

bcap is offline Member
    yes i'm cutting, yes my diet is up to par, i've been doing it for 7 weeks now with every ounce of help from you guys here, so its about as perfect as its going to get for me.

gonna have a nice pre-bed meal tonight to ensure my muscles heal properly throughout the night.

pwo shake i had 60g of what is called carbocomplex, its pure carbs

yes i'm cutting, yes my diet is up to par, i've been doing it for 7 weeks now with every ounce of help from you guys here, so its about as perfect as its going to get for me.

gonna have a nice pre-bed meal tonight to ensure my muscles heal properly throughout the night.

pwo shake i had 60g of what is called carbocomplex, its pure carbs
    Is carbocomplex simple carbs? I am guessing not from the name, hince complex.

The BASICS-
    1.Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

This was a post from a Sticky Rambo created. He recommends 50% dex and 50% MALTO in our PWO shake.

I am only trying to add lean muscle and i have a very low body fat percentage (6-8%).

What do you guys recommend for PWO shake and PPWO MEAL?

I worked out chest this morning, took my pwo aftewards, i'm going back to do legs tonight
    Why would you do this?

Curious as to the reasoning, as that's some serious CNS damage right there.

~SC~

I have to say this as I can't let it go unstated. Newbies and those wishing to learn may view this and mistake it for
    being a good idea.

This approach is ASSININE.

Not only are two big bodyparts in one day stupid, it's even dumber while CUTTING!!!!!

Then, you do shoulders the day after chest, when shoulders get taxed from chest work alone.

You should lay out what your entire week looks like. I see no reason to cram everything together like this, there are 7 days in a week and you don't have double the bodyparts of other human beings.

~SC~

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Swole. I understand it was stupid - definetly won't be doing that again.

This week:

Monday - Arms
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders

How's that look?

Thanks Swole. I understand it was stupid - definetly won't be doing that again.

This week:

Monday - Arms
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders

How's that look?
    Cool man, thanks for not flying off the handle and taking crazy offense to what I said, .

I'd do this.....

Arms
    Legs
    Off
    Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Off

You work the same part the same day each week, you have 2 days in between arms and chest (so triceps can heal somewhat), and you have a day in between chest and shoulders so as to not over-train the shoulders. Ideally you'd pair shoulders w/chest so as to never train more than 2 days in a row, but you can do the above I believe w/no ill effects. It's much better than what you had before IMHO.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Cool man, thanks for not flying off the handle and taking crazy offense to what I said, .

I'd do this.....

Arms
    Legs
    Off
    Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Off

You work the same part the same day each week, you have 2 days in between arms and chest (so triceps can heal somewhat), and you have a day in between chest and shoulders so as to not over-train the shoulders. Ideally you'd pair shoulders w/chest so as to never train more than 2 days in a row, but you can do the above I believe w/no ill effects. It's much better than what you had before IMHO.

~SC~
    Pretty much exactly what my week looks like.

bc56f100 is offline New Member
    Ive read on here a few times that its good to start off the week with a hard leg workout! Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by bc56f100
    Ive read on here a few times that its good to start off the week with a hard leg workout! Is this true?
    You don't need to start the week with one, just make sure you have one during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56f100
    Most people do that to "get it out of the way", but it doesn't make a difference where in the week it is.

~SC~

You are a smart man Giants!

~SC~

bcap is offline Member
    Now Swole what would you say of going

Arms
    Legs
    Off
    Chest
    Back
    Shoulders

And repeat from there - only have 1 day off during a week, I'd rather do it this way.

Thanks, Bryan

Now Swole what would you say of going

Arms
    Legs
    Off
    Chest
    Back
    Shoulders

And repeat from there - only have 1 day off during a week, I'd rather do it this way.

Thanks, Bryan

Why not give you self the day of rest. You need it.

If Sunday was good enough for God to rest, then dammit its good enough for me.

PhishStasH is offline Member
    I'm gonna have to agree with Giants on this one.

bcap, granted I am sitll learning much about how all this works, I've read on numerous occasions from various sources that intense weight training more than 5 days a week is malproductive. That extra day of rest is VITAL to muscle recovery.

From my own experience, I find that working out 4-5 days a week for me is the most productive and allows my body to recover fully keep pumping out big lifts week after week.

I'd take the extra rest day myself.

Do w/that what you wish.

~SC~

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    The concept of rest in bodybuilding athletics is great IMO. You don't get to do a lot of other sports that allow you to train so efficently and then encourage eating and resting. (in the proper balance of course!)

Thread Information