Svullo is offline Junior Member

need help with bulking diet!

I'm 19 yrs old, 6,2",163 lbs!
    It's very hard for me to gain weight! but it's possible that my diet is totally wrong for me! help me out please! here's a sample of my diet workout days days!

I work 1 pm - 11pm this week and next week 5 am - 1 pm! So that's the case, so I workout one week in the morning and one in the aftfernoon depending on how I work! I workout 1,5-2 hours 5 days a week!

ask me if you want to know anything else!

I eat every 3 hour!

Meal 1.
    5 large whole eggs
    1,50 cup oatmeal
    4 slices wheat bread
    1 cup yogurt

Meal 2.
    6 oz tuna (canned)
    1,50 cup kraft macaroni & cheese (prepared
    1 green apple (with skin)
    1 banana (medium)

Meal 3.
    6 large whole eggs
    4 slices wheat bread
    1 banana (medium)

Meal 4.
    5 scoops simply protein
    4 oz heavy cream
    2 bananas (medium)

Meal 5.
    7 oz tuna (canned)
    2 tomato (medium, raw)
    0,50 avocado

Meal 6.
    1,25 cup cottage cheese
    0,50 avocado

workout days: 4,276 cals - 302g protein - 396g carbs - 137g fat
    Resting days: 3,631 cals - 303g protein - 296g carbs - 127g fat

PLEASE NEED HELP!
    Last edited by Svullo; 04-17-2006 at 02:06 PM.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I find it hard to believe that totals up over 300g of protein Might be just me, am not sure. I would read the bulking sticky for sure. Ditch the macaroni and cheese.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    It looks like you have close to 100g protein in meal 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, you didn't post the macros for each meal.

Personally, I'd go with cleaner foods and nix the mac and cheese etc., bump the protein up shooting for about 60g each meal. Also, try and not mix macros so much. It is a bulk, but I would look to minimize fat gains. Cals look ok, you'll have to see how it does for you and adjust from there through trial and error. Also, maybe replace some of the fat with carbs.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    It looks like you have close to 100g protein in meal 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, you didn't post the macros for each meal.

Personally, I'd go with cleaner foods and nix the mac and cheese etc., bump the protein up shooting for about 60g each meal. Also, try and not mix macros so much. It is a bulk, but I would look to minimize fat gains. Cals look ok, you'll have to see how it does for you and adjust from there through trial and error. Also, maybe replace some of the fat with carbs.

1buffsob
    yes I belive it's true!I'm not so good at english! what is macro In a easier word?so much more protein? do you know some good protein shake with alot of protein in it?yes I also think it's to much fat, so I will cut down on the fat and put on more protein and carbs?

thanks

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Only 163 and eating all that????? Wow I am suprised your not around 200 minimum lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svullo
    yes I belive it's true!I'm not so good at english! what is macro In a easier word?so much more protein? do you know some good protein shake with alot of protein in it?yes I also think it's to much fat, so I will cut down on the fat and put on more protein and carbs?

thanks
    Macro is another way of saying "How many carbs/protein/fat per meal or per day". You need to list the 'macros' for each meal so that we can help you more effectively. 100g of protein in one meal is a waste. You need to eat more whole food and less shakes, and divide your protein evenly throughout every meal. So shoot for 60-70g protein in every meal.

1buffsob

Macro is another way of saying "How many carbs/protein/fat per meal or per day". You need to list the 'macros' for each meal so that we can help you more effectively. 100g of protein in one meal is a waste. You need to eat more whole food and less shakes, and divide your protein evenly throughout every meal. So shoot for 60-70g protein in every meal.

1buffsob
    ok, here's the macros for each meal

Meal 1 : 998 cals 57 protein 102 carbs 36 fat

Meal 2 : 981 cals 54 Protein 119 carbs 7 fat

Meal 3 : 799 cals 45 protein 77 carbs 30 fat

Meal 4 : 703 cals 53 protein 66 carbs 27 fat

Meal 5 : 445 cals 46 protein 18 carbs 19 fat

Meal 6 : 350 cals 47 Protein 15 carbs 18 fat

please help me out need alot of mass! working my as of in the gym to get a pretty solid chest and pretty big arms, but I can't see any difference....!
    don't have any trouble getting my abs to show up so really need to bulk! Have a hard time gain weight, but no problem loosing weight!!

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I bulk best on an every 2 hour eating schedule

6:00 am (if I get up that early
    8:00
    10:00
    12:00
    2:00
    4:00
    6:00
    10:00 pm

I'm on this schedule now and its working good for me.

You workouts are too long as well for bulking.

You should be done in an hour or less lifting heavy weights doing 6 reps for upper body and 10 reps for lower and no more than 5-6 sets for each bodypart.

When you bulk, the workouts must be intense X's 20. When you get to that last rep, your face should feel like it's going to explode and you should just barely be able to do that last rep for each set.

No sissy workouts during bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco

You should be done in an hour or less lifting heavy weights doing 6 reps for upper body and 10 reps for lower and no more than 5-6 sets for each bodypart.

When you bulk, the workouts must be intense X's 20. When you get to that last rep, your face should feel like it's going to explode and you should just barely be able to do that last rep for each set.

Same could be said for cutting or maintaining.

As for your workouts, I'm a big believer in getting from one set to the next. Give yourself just enough time to catch your breath, and get to it. Some people respond better to high volume, some to low volume. Find what works best for you.

As for your diet. You're mixing macros heavily, high in fat, and low in carbs. Replace some of the fat with carbs and move the majority of the fat into 3 pro/fat meals. Also, what of PWO?

1buffsob

okej every second hour sounds pretty good but in that case I have to cut down the meals so I can make it in to 8 meals a day! should I cut down on fat and put upp protein to about 400 ?

so how many different workouts should I do for each bodypart?

now I do like this for example:

Heavy: 2- 8 reps
    low weight: 8-15 reps

monday: bicep : heavy, tricep
    Thuesday: chest : flat low weight many reps, decline heavy
    wednesday: rest
    thursday:shoulders, legs
    friday: back, tricep
    saturday: bicep : low weight many reps, chest flat heavy, decline low weights many reps!
    sunday: rest

for bicep I do 5 diffrent workouts for 5 set each! If you wanne know anything else joust ask so I can get the help I need, I would kill to get joust a body to be pround of, tired of be skinny

okej every second hour sounds pretty good but in that case I have to cut down the meals so I can make it in to 8 meals a day! should I cut down on fat and put upp protein to about 400 ?

so how many different workouts should I do for each bodypart?

now I do like this for example:

Heavy: 2- 8 reps
    low weight: 8-15 reps

monday: bicep : heavy, tricep
    Thuesday: chest : flat low weight many reps, decline heavy
    wednesday: rest
    thursday:shoulders, legs
    friday: back, tricep
    saturday: bicep : low weight many reps, chest flat heavy, decline low weights many reps!
    sunday: rest

for bicep I do 5 diffrent workouts for 5 set each! If you wanne know anything else joust ask so I can get the help I need, I would kill to get joust a body to be pround of, tired of be skinny
    I recently read this:
    Today's "OBVIOUS" training reminder!!
    and this:
    Operation - 280 lbs!
    along with the diet and workout sections in this forum, what I knew already and what I asked everyone else to get this workout:

Lots-o-respect to SwoleCat!

Day 1
    Legs
    Squats 10 reps x 3 sets
    Leg Extensions 10 x 3 sets
    Hamstring Curls 10 x 3 sets

Day 2
    Lite Cardio and Abs
    Treadmill 30-40 min
    Decline bench situps

Day 3
    Chest & Shoulders
    Flat Bench Press 6 x 3 sets
    Dumbell Flys 6 x 3 sets
    Decline Bench 6 x 3 sets
    Incline Bench 6 x 3 sets
    Military Press 6 x 3 sets
    Lat Raises 6 x 3 sets
    Dumbell Raises 6 x 3 sets

Day 4
    Back
    Lat Pulldowns 6 x 3 sets
    Seated Cable Rows 6 x 3 sets
    Bentover Dumbell Rows 6 x 3 sets
    Barbell Shrugs 6 x 3 sets
    Deadlifts 6 x 3 sets

Calves 10 reps x 6 sets

Day 5
    Lite Cardio and Abs
    Treadmill 30-40 mins.

Day 6
    Arms
    Triceps
    Close grip Bench 6 x 3 sets
    Cable Pushdowns 6 x 3 sets
    Double handed Dumbell Tri. Ext. 6 x 3 sets

Biceps
    Barbell Curls 6 x 3 sets
    Preacher Curls 6 x 3 sets

Forearms
    Hammer Dumbell Curls 6 x 3 sets
    Wrist Rolls 6 x 3 sets

Day 7
    start day 1 again or take off if needed.

Workouts should be intense yet short.
    Take short breaks between sets like 30-60 seconds.

Eating schedule as I described above goes well with this workout.

I started all this 10 days ago and my bodyweight is up 8 lbs natural.

Try this for 3 months then change your workout routine and diet completely.

btw smaller meals are fine to get it into 8-9 meals a day
    You are doing a fairly clean bulk.
    I myself do a slightly dirty bulk making sure that I get my proper protein over all.

Read this if you have not already

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

btw smaller meals are fine to get it into 8-9 meals a day
    You are doing a fairly clean bulk.
    I myself do a slightly dirty bulk making sure that I get my proper protein over all.

Read this if you have not already

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...
    thanks man! really needed that help to get and good workout I think, so I will try it on for sure! and for diet I thinking about changing my diet total!
    so I stand on 4000 cals 450 protein 400 carbs 80 fat, how does that sounds?

but one more question! is it only 3 different workouts for legs? doesn't it joust take 30 minutes or less?

or all the workout days looks like they take less than an hour! is that good enough?

really have do hit the diet now, because I haven't gained weight the last one, one and a half month! only gained 16 pounds the last 6 month naturally! but haven't been so good on the diet! really need to make that a big part of my days! so I will cook the diet food so It's finished for 3-4 days so I don't have to cook every day

thank's MAN

Same could be said for cutting or maintaining.

As for your workouts, I'm a big believer in getting from one set to the next. Give yourself just enough time to catch your breath, and get to it. Some people respond better to high volume, some to low volume. Find what works best for you.

As for your diet. You're mixing macros heavily, high in fat, and low in carbs. Replace some of the fat with carbs and move the majority of the fat into 3 pro/fat meals. Also, what of PWO?

1buffsob

Yes but I will change my whole diet what's PWO???

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Yes but I will change my whole diet what's PWO???
    PWO stands for Post Workout. This is the meal you take in just after weight training. It is generally a shake so your body will digest it immediately. IMO it is also the most important meal of the day and it should be downed slowly in like 30mins. When Bulking it usually consists of 40-50grms Whey, 40-50grms Dextrose (you buy it from Pharmacies) and 40-50grams Maltodextrin or Oats. If Cutting stick to 20-25grms Dextrose and 20-25grms Malto or Oatsand of course 40-50grms Whey.

Hope i was helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CENADICT
    PWO stands for Post Workout. This is the meal you take in just after weight training. It is generally a shake so your body will digest it immediately. IMO it is also the most important meal of the day and it should be downed slowly in like 30mins. When Bulking it usually consists of 40-50grms Whey, 40-50grms Dextrose (you buy it from Pharmacies) and 40-50grams Maltodextrin or Oats. If Cutting stick to 20-25grms Dextrose and 20-25grms Malto or Oatsand of course 40-50grms Whey.

Hope i was helpful.
    This is good advise!

You really are new here aren't you Svullo?

It is good to get your PWO shake within 10-15 minutes after your workout followed by a PPWO (a meal) 1 hour after your workout.

Make sure that you read this thread UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

........so I stand on 4000 cals 450 protein 400 carbs 80 fat, how does that sounds?

but one more question! is it only 3 different workouts for legs? doesn't it joust take 30 minutes or less?

or all the workout days looks like they take less than an hour! is that good enough?

really have do hit the diet now, because I haven't gained weight the last one, one and a half month! only gained 16 pounds the last 6 month naturally! but haven't been so good on the diet! really need to make that a big part of my days! so I will cook the diet food so It's finished for 3-4 days so I don't have to cook every day

thank's MAN
    As far as how many cals you need a day, I can't emphasize enough this thread UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Yes only 3 different workouts for legs. Keep in mind that I don't do calves on leg day. I do them on my back day.

I know it's a hard thing to believe but you don't need to do long workouts to bulk up.

They will be short workouts, yes, but make sure you BUST YOUR ASS and trash those muscles when you workout.

Example: When you do squats, use a weight that feels heavy to you so that you can only do 10-12 reps. If you feel like you can do 10 more reps with your weight then you need to add weight. The last rep for every set should be hard to do. You should feel like you are going to drop the weights because it's just soooo heavy, or feel like your going to blow a gasket. It should be the hardest workout you ever did in your life.

The bulking workouts are short but incredibly intense for many reasons. It's kinda like a top fuel funny car
    You give it all you got for that short distance down that track then its back to the pit to be rebuilt for that next race.

Those cars are so powerful that they are only made to run full throttle for about 5-6 seconds, then the engines have to be completely rebuilt for their next race or they will blow up if the're not rebuilt.

A bulking workout is much the same way, Run full throttle then let your body rebuild itself so that you can come out full throttle again for the next workout and be at your best.

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    This is good advise!

It is good to get your PWO shake within 10-15 minutes after your workout followed by a PPWO (a meal) 1 hour after your workout.

Make sure that you read this thread UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

As far as how many cals you need a day, I can't emphasize enough this thread UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Yes only 3 different workouts for legs. Keep in mind that I don't do calves on leg day. I do them on my back day.

I know it's a hard thing to believe but you don't need to do long workouts to bulk up.

They will be short workouts, yes, but make sure you BUST YOUR ASS and trash those muscles when you workout.

Example: When you do squats, use a weight that feels heavy to you so that you can only do 10-12 reps. If you feel like you can do 10 more reps with your weight then you need to add weight. The last rep for every set should be hard to do. You should feel like you are going to drop the weights because it's just soooo heavy, or feel like your going to blow a gasket. It should be the hardest workout you ever did in your life.

The bulking workouts are short but incredibly intense for many reasons. It's kinda like a top fuel funny car
    You give it all you got for that short distance down that track then its back to the pit to be rebuilt for that next race.

Those cars are so powerful that they are only made to run full throttle for about 5-6 seconds, then the engines have to be completely rebuilt for their next race or they will blow up if the're not rebuilt.

A bulking workout is much the same way, Run full throttle then let your body rebuild itself so that you can come out full throttle again for the next workout and be at your best.

This is good advise!

Yes I'm pretty new here and with training! only been training for about 7 month on and off because of being sick and gone from workout for 3-4 weeks a couple of times!

I really like your advice can you give me a sample of your diet so I can se if it works for me! and one thing you all need to know! I have only been testing leg workout 2 times! so ****ing boring! but will start now because i don't wanne have 2 skinny legs! but most of all i really want I solid upperbody! so I work my chest hard! maybe to hard sometimes! I go very har on shoulders and bicep to! when I do shoulders my brother change weight when I can't get up the last one and I start with that weight and do the same again to I have used all weight almost! it's hard being skinny

I will for sure try this workout you posted that swolecat used!

and I really want's to see your diet and see if it's something for me

fpr PWO I can use a good protein shake with mixed down banana and mass protein ??

thanks for all the advice! give me even more advice if you can I wanne know everything I can so I can hit the goals I want!

tell me if you want's pics from before and after how I look now!?

Quote Originally Posted by CENADICT

Hope i was helpful.
    so the PWO I should drink slowly for 15-30 minutes after workout?

One more question! any advice on good forearm workout??

should i stci with what it was said in that tread you put up! with cardio 3 times a week even do I have a hard time gain weight? or s´houl i cu down to 1-2 times a week and see how it works???

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    I would like to know the macros for each meal as well, I bet they arent as high as your predicting..www.Fitday.com to find all that out...

Superballer is offline Associate Member

Get the PWO down ASAP after workout.... no longer than 15 minutes if possible.

PhishStasH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superballer
    Get the PWO down ASAP after workout.... no longer than 15 minutes if possible.
    Yea...I usually just chug my PWO shake down as soon as I get to the locker room. The muscles are in dire need of nutrients, so why spend the time trying to sip it down anyway. Especially since my PPWO meal is an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    I would like to know the macros for each meal as well, I bet they arent as high as your predicting..www.Fitday.com to find all that out...
    Meal 1 : 998 cals 57 protein 102 carbs 36 fat

Meal 2 : 981 cals 54 Protein 119 carbs 7 fat

Meal 3 : 799 cals 45 protein 77 carbs 30 fat

Meal 4 : 703 cals 53 protein 66 carbs 27 fat

Meal 5 : 445 cals 46 protein 18 carbs 19 fat

Meal 6 : 350 cals 47 Protein 15 carbs 18 fat

Quote Originally Posted by PhishStasH
    Yea...I usually just chug my PWO shake down as soon as I get to the locker room. The muscles are in dire need of nutrients, so why spend the time trying to sip it down anyway. Especially since my PPWO meal is an hour away.
    so I will take it directly after workout

Yesterday I was at the gym and I tried to do after that workout you posted that swolecat used! and I joust say WooW that was crazy and intense! thought I was gonna throw up And it was done in 35-40 minuts!

Only word for that is CRAZY

Yesterday I was at the gym and I tried to do after that workout you posted that swolecat used! and I joust say WooW that was crazy and intense! thought I was gonna throw up And it was done in 35-40 minuts!

Only word for that is CRAZY

Sounds like you had a good workout.

Keep at it and let us know how it goes.

Sounds like you had a good workout.

Keep at it and let us know how it goes.

Yes that was crazy I tried out the arm day and for bicep they swole up as hell when I knew I only hade 2 workouts for bicep! so I gave it all there and it really felt crazy! before I did 5 workouts for bicep and 5 sets! and I was always thinking of taking it a little easy so I could make all 5 workouts, but now I don't have to think that way

today It's chest/shoulder day!

Only problem now Is to make my new diet

Thread Information