BigDaddy2003 is offline Junior Member

Good diet for Someone always on the go

not sure if im the only person that has this issue, but with my job i work for a company where i have to drive a car around all day and fix peoples computers. Ive tried taking stuff in a ice cooler with me IE chicken or any kind of food. unfortunately any kind of food that isnt canned or doesent come through a window followed by would you like fries with that gets terribly messed up due to heat/being in car regardless if i take an ice cooler with me or not. Anyone out there with a simular experience?? im really just wanting to know of items that i can take with me but still within a good weightloss diet.

My current diet consist of eating ALOT of tuna while im out on the job, and about 2 gallons of water a day.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    bro dont tell me you cant use a cooler i live in Tx were its hotttt as a mother fuvker all day evreyday, and i pack a cooler in my car, i even put my bottle of flax in the coller get some ice packs and add some ice, either be dedicated or dont

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Agreed, I'd drop the excuses and make it happen...
    I also live in TX and use a cooler all the time, even keep my GH + slin cold..
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

then maybe im just using the wrong type of cooler, fyi my car sits outside in the heat for about 6 hours before i get to take my lunch and my stuff always gets messed up. beleive me dedication is not a problem, ive already lost 20 pounds and ive got my heart set on loosing more by summer and it will happen no doubt!! im just asking if anyone knows something other then canned foods that will last out 6 hours in the heat. my friend suggested vianna sausages (dont know if i spelled that right) i havent looked at them to see if those are very healthy or not.

like i said this is not an attempt to be lazy at all im asking for suggestions not people telling me in not dedicated.

PS: i have a snackmate cooler that i bring along with me with 2 iced fridge packs and i put ice on top of everything else when i get it in there. Tell me what you use obviosly you've got something better then i do. (not to be rude i really want to know)
    Last edited by BigDaddy2003; 04-28-2006 at 08:21 AM.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Vienna sausages. Oh man, that's about the worst shit you could get. It's 10 times worse than a ballpark hot dog, yet, very delicious on a club cracker

It's not your cooler that's the problem. What you need is an Icepack. A refreasable block of ice surrounded in plastic. No mess. I have mine right here. Says 'Blue Ice Weekender' made by Gott.

1buffsob

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy2003
    my car sits outside in the heat for about 6 hours before i get to take my lunch and my stuff always gets messed up.

Use an ice pack and take your lunch inside somewhere. Don't leave it in your car for that long. You shouldnt be taking 6 hours between meals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Vienna sausages. Oh man, that's about the worst shit you could get. It's 10 times worse than a ballpark hot dog, yet, very delicious on a club cracker

It's not your cooler that's the problem. What you need is an Icepack. A refreasable block of ice surrounded in plastic. No mess. I have mine right here. Says 'Blue Ice Weekender' made by Gott.

1buffsob
    thanks bro, i appreciate people who give the right adive as apposed to people who just assume i am not dedicated... ive dropped from 24% BF to 19% BF while that may not be a huge accompleshment i am very proud of it and ive done it all on my own. so yes i am very dedicated to eating healthy and doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Use an ice pack and take your lunch inside somewhere. Don't leave it in your car for that long. You shouldnt be taking 6 hours between meals anyway.
    on that note your right... but it goes along with the job so i do what i can, and since im in peoples homes all day they seem to get upset if i plop a big fat cooler on there computer desk and open up a turkey sandwich

on that note your right... but it goes along with the job so i do what i can, and since im in peoples homes all day they seem to get upset if i plop a big fat cooler on there computer desk and open up a turkey sandwich
    Who gives a shit about what they think. As long as you don't get any crumbs in the motherboard, I don't see a problem.

Tell them you'll stab them in the face with a saudering iron if they have a problem, or just take off your shirt and start yelling jibberish if they comment on the cooler.

1buffsob

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    when I worked my summer job people always asked me what was for lunch today(I ate the same thing everday)...I said.."the same thing as yesterday..youre easily amused arent you?"..they left confused....moral of the story=insult their intelligence and they will leave you in peace

Who gives a shit about what they think. As long as you don't get any crumbs in the motherboard, I don't see a problem.

Tell them you'll stab them in the face with a saudering iron if they have a problem, or just take off your shirt and start yelling jibberish if they comment on the cooler.

1buffsob
    i almost fell out of chair when i read that... lol

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    ice ice baby, someone is bumping there base in ther car out side my house, very annoying

1buffsob

My friend always told me the best way to loose weight the quickest is as follows

X-Lax + Water

Enjoy!

You should be more dedicated....
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    You should be more dedicated....
    yes im definatly not dedicated thats it. i ask a simple question looking for suggestions... and ur a vet of this website?? please if you dont have something usefull to post when someone is looking for advice dont post at all.

Dreaming2B-BIG is offline Junior Member

1buffsob
    Now thats funny sh!t right there!!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    you guys have turned my diet forum into the lounge...we have a lounge you know

not sure if im the only person that has this issue, but with my job i work for a company where i have to drive a car around all day and fix peoples computers. Ive tried taking stuff in a ice cooler with me IE chicken or any kind of food. unfortunately any kind of food that isnt canned or doesent come through a window followed by would you like fries with that gets terribly messed up due to heat/being in car regardless if i take an ice cooler with me or not. Anyone out there with a simular experience?? im really just wanting to know of items that i can take with me but still within a good weightloss diet.

My current diet consist of eating ALOT of tuna while im out on the job, and about 2 gallons of water a day.
    Ok to answer your original question.. Post your current diet now that we've given you SIMPLE suggestions on what to do to solve your problem.

If in fact you are eating tuna + drinking water all day then you'll have a very rough time losing weight. What kind of training do you do? What are your eventual goals? All these things will help us make suggestions on what you can do to better yourself.

(Yes I'm a VET but I think it was a mistake, they just haven't caught it yet)
    ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Ok to answer your original question.. Post your current diet now that we've given you SIMPLE suggestions on what to do to solve your problem.

If in fact you are eating tuna + drinking water all day then you'll have a very rough time losing weight. What kind of training do you do? What are your eventual goals? All these things will help us make suggestions on what you can do to better yourself.

(Yes I'm a VET but I think it was a mistake, they just haven't caught it yet)
    ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ok i guess i need to clear up what i was looking for, i am not having troubles loosing weight i am loosing weight at a very good pace. i do have my current diet mapped and will post it as soon as i can find it i have the amounts written down somewhere i seem to have lost it . honestly what i was searching for was a more edible product that i can take with me and not worry about heat issues. and im not just eating tuna it just seemed like something easy i could bring with me to munch on whenever i got the chance, but i think it turned out that it was my fridge packs that just werent cutting it anymore out in the texas summer heat. i took 1Buffsob's advice and bought the plastic freezer container and that seems to be working hella better for me (thanks for the advice).

as for my training it looks something like this

Day 1 - Chest, Biceps
    30-45 minutes isometric exercise
    3 sets Bench Press 10 reps
    3 sets Incline Bench 10 reps
    3 sets Dips 10 reps
    3 sets Barbell Curls 10 reps
    3 sets Dumbbell Curls 10 reps
    3 sets Crunches with added weights 20 reps

Day 2 - Thighs
    3 sets Squats 10 reps(stopped doing these due to bad back)
    3 sets Leg Press 10 reps(concentrating on this more since i cant squat)
    3 sets Leg Curls 10 reps

Day 3 - Shoulder, Tricep
    3 sets Presses behind neck 10 reps
    3 sets Upright Row 10 reps
    3 sets side laterals 10 reps
    3 sets lying tricep press 10 reps
    3 sets tricep pulley pushdown 10 reps

Day 4 - Back, Calves
    3 sets Chins with added weights 10 reps
    3 sets lat pull to neck 10 reps
    3 sets barbell bentover row 10 reps
    3 sets seated cable row 10 reps
    3 sets standing calf raise 10 reps
    3 sets seated calf raise 10 reps

Day 5 - (Off Day)

Yes ive had previous experiance, i powerlifted in highschool for about 4 years. I have been in competition Powerlifting events but never really incoorperated any form of a diet into it.

Not that i was trying to be rude before IBdmfkr ever since i started this (weight loss) myself i never had any real moral support from anyone so i posted this on here not looking to be told i dont have dedication cause thats not a problem, but more looking for alittle advice from people who have been there before.

Thanks

My appologies.. I didn't think you'd be so sensative. I'll take a different approach next time.

With the training, it seems you may be overtraining a bit especially if your food consumption isn't up to par. 4 days in a row with the heavy compound lifts you listed is pretty intense on your CNS (Central Nervous System).. I'd suggest something more like 1day on, 1day off.. or 2on1off. Best of luck.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

My appologies.. I didn't think you'd be so sensative. I'll take a different approach next time.

With the training, it seems you may be overtraining a bit especially if your food consumption isn't up to par. 4 days in a row with the heavy compound lifts you listed is pretty intense on your CNS (Central Nervous System).. I'd suggest something more like 1day on, 1day off.. or 2on1off. Best of luck.
    ive been giving myself extra days off as i needed them, but i think your right if i would stick to 2 days on and 1 day off i might not be working with all this soreness. but i have to admit it has been working for me very well the gains are incredible. and weight loss is going great.

and not to say i am sensitive about the subject, its that i posted hoping for positive advice, just wasnt expecting people to downside me like that. i really do appreciate and positive advice or criticism to what im doing, as i used to power lift and i was not a body builder so this has been a new experiance for me.

but if you think that was over training 4 days on 1 day off lol, you would sh#t a brick if you saw my highschool powerlifting routine. (implemented by coaches).

ill explain a bit of it. it consisted of 2 days
    Day 1 Push exercise day - everything and any execise thats considered a push
    Day 2 Pull exercise day - everything and any execise thats considered a pull
    We based our workouts of our max of each lift, there would be a chart that would calculate our so lets say my max was 225 for example may do 10 sets of 135 8 sets of 165 and 6 sets of 185. and if 225 was my max last week we would go for 2x our previous max oddly enough if i could pump up all that and do 2x my last weeks max i could always add around 10 pounds at minimum to my new max and still go up once with it.

even though we had push and pull days i did this workout twice a day 5 times a week, once for lifting class and the other for competition lifting. i could have done it again for football lifting lol but after 2x workouts a day u get kinda tired. now this may have been just cause it was my first month EVER working out when is started highschool i put 90 lbs on my benchpress in about a months time with no gear/supplements and a crappy diet.

"implemented by highschool coaches"

nuff said.. lol
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

well as i agree the routine is weird but it works none the less, 18 year olds that were on my team benching over 500 pounds were there to prove it does

Thread Information