Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    goose is offline Banned

Calling diet experts and especially DRINKING experts

OK this is the deal,in a month I will be going on vacation with a group of friends and it`s a very special occasion and it will require drinking every day for two weeks,something I have not done for many years,I love the odd few drinks but my body will not be use to this and I don`t want to gain any BF%.Now one beer is about 250 calories (I think) I`m looking for drinks that don`t have high calories.Please help with ideas,common sense tells me Vodka and orange juice would be cool,I just wonder if anyone has specific stats on drinks.Thanks in advance for any help

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Screwdrivers are a good choice (vodka and OJ). Not a big drinker myself. I'd try to stay away from the beer and sweet liqours, such as rum, scotch, etc. Don't go nuts now Goose.

1buffsob

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Try to get some kind of a training schedule in to counter some of that drinking. Even swimming... whatever... try to do "active drinking" haha. Dance it up like crazy, grind some chicks, blah blah

Other than that.... OJ has lots o' cals. You can drink rum/diets even though thats pretty flaming.

Man's low calorie drink: vodka/SODA

And SODA = Club Soda. Yah, it tastes like shit haha (most bars will automatically throw in some lemon slices though which makes it bareable)

Bartending... we consider any straight liquor with just soda added as an alcoholic trying to look like "not so much" of an alcoholic.

Gets the job done.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Wine will be fine.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Drinkin' daily for 2 weeks would severely f*ck me up, period.
    I don't know of any way to reduce that damage.

~SC~

goose is offline Banned
    It`s a battle I can`t win,I just need to reduce as much damage as possible,it`s a real bitch as I have just finished a very expensive cutter.My sister is getting married in Australia so I`m fvked.My plan is if I can hit cardio every day and I will be on a very high dose of ECAY stack in these two weeks,FIGHT THE POWER........

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    See this is what I like, HONESTY. Most look at drinking as the devil when coupled with AAS. Goose, go to your sisters wedding and have a good time. Keep in mind that Alcohol is simply empty calories at 7kcals per gram which is doing nothing for you but a quick buzz. I"m sure you knew that but seems you're looking for some tips of drinking.

I've been bartending for 5 years and training for 6. So I better know whats a better drink then others as far as caloric intake is involved. As Tretch mentioned Rum and diet is very common and probably one of the best ways to go. Some will recommend soda or even tonic. Has anyone ever seen the nutrition label on tonic? Loaded to the gills with carbs.

My recommendation would be to stay away from all beers and go with your hard clear liquors. If you're simply looking to get bombed with minimal alcohol intake just bang out some Vodka on the rocks or even a gimlet to spice it up. No flavored liquors as that will increase your calories. Grey goose on the rocks splash of lime juice, grab a few of those and you'll be rocked.

Man I dont know about 2 weeks straight though........

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    bacardi light and diet coke......0 cal, 0 carbs. cmon im sure youve seen the commercials lol!!

get yourself a vodka martini up, i prefer a ketel one dirty martini.....

bring a few packets of protein powder and make yourself a few chocolate myoplex mudslides lol!!!

diesel21 is offline Member
    dude have fun... repair when u get back... unless u are a pro, and in that case w/ all those "supplements you would be fine" but 3 drinks a night vodka n selzter is fine.....

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit man, I hope your not on gear....2 wks would reep havoc on my body...not jsut my physique, but I would feel like shit and bloodwork would be haywire. I went to cancun for SB and was on a LOW dose cycle, and nothing real toxic, jsut deca and test cyp. I cam back and got my bloodwork done 10 days after my return and I had elevated liver AND KIDNEY enzymes.,,,,,kinda freaked me out. And I only drank 3 ouot of the five days we were there...granted it was heavy drinking, but threee days really set me back. Part of it was b/c I was starting my contest prep when I returned so I wanted to get it out of my system, but that coupled with my terrible eating there (cheese eggs, french toast, pizza etc) has caused me to really have to play catch up during my prep. I feel I could look a lot better at this point if it wasnt for that vacatio and I regret it to an extent.

Just be careful bro and try to have a day or two break in between here and there, you body will thank you, jsut be smart and try to be moderate with you intake as much as possible

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    my personal favs when trying to keep the calories down is flavored vodkas mixed with soda water and lemons/limes/orange wedges/etc. very little calories, doesn't taste that bad, and gets you where you need to be. best flavored vodkas IMO are stoli or sky, but absolut will do as well. don't go with any kind of well as those things have tons of toxins in them (hence the hangover-hell from them the next day). anyway, enjoy the trip bro.

DirtyDog7 is offline Junior Member
    I read somewhere that sesamin or sesame oil would work perfect for someone in your position. I tried to find the article but all I could find was this one:

http://forums.*************.com/topic12896.html

Maybe someone knows more about it.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are trying to get drunk...barcardi is great... so is vodka...stay away from dark liquors. Beer wise... Michelob just made an Amber ultra... it's nice. And the caloris aren't much more than the normal ultra

chest6 is offline Banned
    Every day for 2 weeks. Man..I might go crazy after 2-3 days. I probably would not be able to handle that mentally..thats gonna be tough. THis is gonna set you back quite a bit..

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Every day for 2 weeks. Man..I might go crazy after 2-3 days. I probably would not be able to handle that mentally..thats gonna be tough. THis is gonna set you back quite a bit..
    yea but you know what? it will help you keep your sanity in the sense of getting an escape from the gym. all in all, should be fun.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    yea but you know what? it will help you keep your sanity in the sense of getting an escape from the gym. all in all, should be fun.
    Meh..not for me..but maybe for goose

Thread Information