breakfast after cardio
    1grapefruit
    10eggwhites
    4eggs
    20g whey
    1cup oats

meal 2 usualy 2-3hrs later
    orange roughy FISH for u tards 8oz
    some sort of legume or lentil usally 0.5-1.5cups i like lima beans!
    1/2cup green beans or broccoli

meal 3 2hrs before lifting usually
    6baby carrots
    either 10oz porkchops or 10oz turkey breast
    1cup oats or 4-6oz yam

pwo shake
    45g Whey 40g Dex

pwo meal 45min after shake
    big bowl of whole wheat speghettie and 10oz chickn breast
    or big ol potatoe and more porkchops

pre bed meal
    salmon 6oz
    6 eggwhites
    1tbl olive oil
    1glass red whine

just a ruff over view.. i know i dont eat as much as many of u think i would but i know my body and i knwo my slow metabo.. so even on 3200-3800 cals a day i have managed to grow to 300+lbs around 14-15%

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    What's the totals on this.. and how long have you been drinking wine before bed?

Are you drinking wine because of the anti-Os?

Or are you just a boozer?

Diet looks pretty Decent to me.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    What's the totals on this.. and how long have you been drinking wine before bed?

lol been eating like this pretty much me whole life.. few mods here and there kuz redundency makes eating WELL almost impossible..

im a boozer!
    actually for cholestrol and AO's
    been doing whine LONG time really.. my mom had cholestrol probs (so obviosly i inherited it) and her cholestrol like became PERFECT after she started drinking 4oz wine before bed.. so i do it too!

oh oh make some modifications for me NARK and anyone else!
    im bored

dont u need like twice the grams of dex to whey in your pwo?

and potatoe and porkchops dont sound right together...

just inputtin and puttin in

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    dont u need like twice the grams of dex to whey in your pwo?

and potatoe and porkchops dont sound right together...

just inputtin and puttin in
    nah.. i dont do so well w/ massive pwo shake unless im running slin.. which for the first time in about a year im not.
    i put on fat realitively fast when i double the dex of the pro.

prokchops are actually as lean as chickn.

i have found my best results w/ a small pwo shake and a good meal 30-45min after wards
    i try to completely void shakes from my diet at all costs

abokeef is offline Associate Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    nah.. i dont do so well w/ massive pwo shake unless im running slin.. which for the first time in about a year im not.
    i put on fat realitively fast when i double the dex of the pro.
    prokchops are actually as lean as chickn.

i have found my best results w/ a small pwo shake and a good meal 30-45min after wards
    i try to completely void shakes from my diet at all costs
    Holly Sh1t....Is that right...because I always had the same problem which is low metabolism. I was getting 50g pro 40g and I was getting defind. for a month now i'm doing 80g carb and I can tell I'm gaining some fat. So, yah maybe this is the problem.

OH, BTW, thanx for sharing ur diet, Fvuck, I always learn somthing new..

Quote Originally Posted by abokeef
    Holly Sh1t....Is that right...because I always had the same problem which is low metabolism. I was getting 50g pro 40g and I was getting defind. for a month now i'm doing 80g carb and I can tell I'm gaining some fat. So, yah maybe this is the problem.
    yep and using a lower GI carb for ur PWO meal kan help retain leaness during bulking

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    you could just do cardio in the am a couple days a week, that might solve your problem.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    is wine that beneficial?

BTW Tai.. Wut do u eat just before u hit the gym?

I found that eating pro/ fat helping me burn fat while I'm lifting. Something like 5 eggs with 1 scoop whey protine, which gives 50g pro and 27g fat??!!

so you like the catabolic environment of no carbs prelift????

BTW Tai.. Wut do u eat just before u hit the gym?
    Meal 3
    but 1hr before i take wat ever 17aa im running at the time which is halo right now, then 30min i take in a nice blend of amino's, alcar, cee, and aakg

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    is wine that beneficial?
    IMO yes.. it has helped my mother TREMENDOUSLY w/ her cholestrol and it has done the same for me.

I found that eating pro/ fat helping me burn fat while I'm lifting. Something like 5 eggs with 1 scoop whey protine, which gives 50g pro and 27g fat??!!
    fat doesnt really aid in anaerobic training, thus i need carbs to perform short bursts of intensity. for fat loss I DO AM CARDIO not lift! lifting is for muscular growth.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    so you like the catabolic environment of no carbs prelift????
    No sir.
    You didn't get me right I geuss.. I eat a rgular meal 2hrs before my workout, which consists of Pro/carb(low Gl). something like oatmeal or other. I'm talking about pre wokout meal, just before u hit the gym let's say 30min.
    Last edited by abokeef; 06-03-2006 at 06:31 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you believe that your pwo offering is making you fat (anyone), then you may want to examine other areas of your diet. PWO is a key time to ingest more nutrients than usual and I doubt that would be the sole culprit of unwanted fat accumulation.

~SC~

No sir.
    You didn't get me right I geuss.. I eat a rgular meal 2hrs before my workout, which consists of Pro/carb(low Gl). something like oatmeal or other. I'm talking about pre wokout meal, just before u hit the gym let's say 30min.
    oh i get you, but i still think a fast acting carb along with aminos would help with protein synthesis and energy levels. but whatever works for you.

Meal 3
    but 1hr before i take wat ever 17aa im running at the time which is halo right now, then 30min i take in a nice blend of amino's, alcar, cee, and aakg

IMO yes.. it has helped my mother TREMENDOUSLY w/ her cholestrol and it has done the same for me.

fat doesnt really aid in anaerobic training, thus i need carbs to perform short bursts of intensity. for fat loss I DO AM CARDIO not lift! lifting is for muscular growth.
    so if you were on a cutter for say 10 weeks (like myself) you wouldn't hit the weights often? because i am doing cardio and stiucking my diet but i have been having trouble getting to the weights. just curious on your stance.

so if you were on a cutter for say 10 weeks (like myself) you wouldn't hit the weights often? because i am doing cardio and stiucking my diet but i have been having trouble getting to the weights. just curious on your stance.
    weights are great for spiking ur metabolic rate yes
    but the true increase IMO comes from increase LBM which is done for me by hitting it hard and heavy in short sessions and keeping the rest up as much sa possible rest is great helps u to recover keeps connective tissue happy and helps promote GH production assuming u get ample TRUE sleep.

now cutting i do cardio 6-7x a week 1hr sessions
    bulking i do cardio 4-5x a week 30-40min sessions
    cardio is ESSENTIAL for my health as im heavy, and i run massive amounts of aas so i have to take care of my health as much as possible-though diet and cardio
    now everyone is different but my body loevs heavy weight for growth.. others like sc get better gains off high reps.. so in all honesty u just gotta play around w/ it
    i have done DC variant type of training which included 6 days of resistance training for 30-40min sessions but this can only be done for 3-5 weeks for adding anymore weeks will start bringing about joint deteriation since its so much wear and tear on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you believe that your pwo offering is making you fat (anyone), then you may want to examine other areas of your diet. PWO is a key time to ingest more nutrients than usual and I doubt that would be the sole culprit of unwanted fat accumulation.

~SC~
    i agree fully w/ you on that PWO is the most important key for growth but the modification that works best for me is a smaller over all shake (.2g protein per lb of LBM and about equal amount of dex/sucrose) and then consuming my pwo meal much sooner about 45min after the shake... i feel better and i look better and my gains are exactly the same. its just all that dex totally negates my appetite by making me feel so bloated and sluggish that eating isnt appealing and its very difficult to get proper nutrients in before i crash
    now on the contrary my work out partner LOVES having lots of dex and he feels his gains are greater w/ a double dex to protein ratio so hell if i know

weights are great for spiking ur metabolic rate yes
    but the true increase IMO comes from increase LBM which is done for me by hitting it hard and heavy in short sessions and keeping the rest up as much sa possible rest is great helps u to recover keeps connective tissue happy and helps promote GH production assuming u get ample TRUE sleep.

now cutting i do cardio 6-7x a week 1hr sessions
    bulking i do cardio 4-5x a week 30-40min sessions
    cardio is ESSENTIAL for my health as im heavy, and i run massive amounts of aas so i have to take care of my health as much as possible-though diet and cardio
    now everyone is different but my body loevs heavy weight for growth.. others like sc get better gains off high reps.. so in all honesty u just gotta play around w/ it
    i have done DC variant type of training which included 6 days of resistance training for 30-40min sessions but this can only be done for 3-5 weeks for adding anymore weeks will start bringing about joint deteriation since its so much wear and tear on the body.
    thanks for the great response. i know we always want to train in some respect, but let me make sure i have you correctly. you use weights as your way of getting bigger and that is your metabolic increase in that regard. but you wouldn't consider them AS important in cutting. like i said, i love to train with weights but it is hard for me to get the time.

thanks for the great response. i know we always want to train in some respect, but let me make sure i have you correctly. you use weights as your way of getting bigger and that is your metabolic increase in that regard. but you wouldn't consider them AS important in cutting. like i said, i love to train with weights but it is hard for me to get the time.
    no unlike MOST.. who i know increase their LIFTING days to boost their metabolic rate for that day .. fatty acid oxidation occurs during strenuous exertion on the body .. bringin bout a temporary increase for a certain time period after lifting. i just do a lil more tweeking on my diet and cardio and keep the 3x a week training as much as possible besdies i hate spending tons of time in the gym .. no fun

again, thanks for your response tai.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

still waiting for critiq's lil cutie!

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Dex makes me feel hella bloated too PWO. I manage to get a meal (usually plain tuna if Im able to) in sometimes after the dex/pro shake but yea, I can relate to you feeling very bloated after and not being able to eat really, like you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Dex makes me feel hella bloated too PWO. I manage to get a meal (usually plain tuna if Im able to) in sometimes after the dex/pro shake but yea, I can relate to you feeling very bloated after and not being able to eat really, like you should.
    yeah thus i drop dex down to a managable dose so that i can consume a proper meal which is far more important IMO

morning after cardio
    btw times are not exact im a nomad so i could get up at 5:00 or 11:00

breakfast after cardio
    10eggwhites
    4eggs
    1cup oats

6baby carrots
    1cup oats or 4-6oz yam

pwo shake
    40g Whey 20g Dex

pwo meal 30min after shake
    1/2 grapefruit
    6oz yam
    8oz porkchop
    2eggs if im giong to go str8 to bed if not ommit this

pre bed meal
    salmon 6oz
    6 eggwhites
    1glass red whine

this are some mods i made for cutting.. NARK fix it up for me plz lil buddy! and i will let u barrow rhonda for a week! she is GREAT at CLEANIN HOUSE!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Looks decent to me Tai! All good clean food, some a little higher in fats, but it is all calorie dependant for your body so that is where you need to adjust. I don't count calories from carrots, but that is jsut me.

Just reduce calories weekly by about 200 until you are at yor maintainance point and you should be fine.

Good luck

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks pretty good to me, but you asked for critque so here we go..... This is what I would do: (in caps below)

morning after cardio
    btw times are not exact im a nomad so i could get up at 5:00 or 11:00

breakfast after cardio
    10eggwhites
    4eggs
    1cup oats

LOOKS PRETTY GOOD, I WOULD MAYYBE THROW IN SOME LOW GLYCEMIC FRUIT THOUGH, JSUT FOR HEALTH REASONS.

WITH YOUR AMNT OF LBM I WOULD UP THE ORANGE ROUGHY TO 10-12ISH OZ. I AM NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH THE MACRO PROFILE OF LEGUMES, BUT I AM PRETTY SURE THEY PROVIDE SOME GOOD OCMPLEX CARBS MAYBE???

6baby carrots
    1cup oats or 4-6oz yam

I WOULD SWITCH THE CARROTS OUT FOR A GREEN VEGGIES. IT WOULD BE UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL AS WELL, BUT I WOULD SWITCH TO PROTEIN FAT FOR MY PRE WORKOUT MEAL. IF YOU LIKE CARBS THERE THOUGH, THEN KEEP THEM, AND THEN TAKE THEM OUT LATER ON IN YOUR DIET WHEN YOU HAVE TO START MANIPULATING MACROS AND REMOVING CARBS IN ORDER TO KEEP UP YOUR FAT LOSS PROGRESS.

pwo shake
    40g Whey 20g Dex

I WOULD UP THE PROTEIN TO 60ISH GRAMS, AND SWITCH OUT THE DEX FOR 2-3 FLAVORED OATMEAL PACKETS. THEY WONT MAKE YOU BLOATED, AND I LOVE THIS FOR MY CARB SOURCE WHILE CUTTING. JUST BACK YOUR PPWO MEAL UP TO 1 HR, INSTEAD OF 30 MINUTES LATER....TRY IT OUT, I REALLY THINK YOU WILL LIKE THIS ADJUSTMENT

pwo meal 30min after shake
    1/2 grapefruit
    6oz yam
    8oz porkchop
    2eggs if im giong to go str8 to bed if not ommit this

IF YOU DONT PUT THE EGGS IN THERE, I WOULD UP THE PROK CHOPS TO 10-12 OZ AGAIN. HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN 1/2 GRAPEFRUIT? 6OZ OF YAM SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD SUFFICE FOR CARBS HERE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU TAKE THE PWO SHAKE SUGGESTION I MADE ABOVE.

pre bed meal
    salmon 6oz
    6 eggwhites
    1glass red whine

I LIKE THIS MEAL, BUT AS YOUR DIET PROGRESSES, YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE THE RED WINE...BUT THEN AGAIN, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE USING IT WHILE CUTTING, SO I CAN'T BE 100% SURE AND WONT PRETEND TO BE.

ALL IN ALL, I THINK YOUR DIET IS PRETTY SOUND. THE MAIN CRITQUE I WOULD MAKE RIGHT OFF THE BAT IS THAT YOUR PROTEIN IS TOO LOW. ESPECIALLY FOR THE KIND OF LBM YOU ARE CARRYING. I KNOW YOU SAID YOU HAVE SLOW METABOLISM, BUT I DONT THINK UPPING PROTEIN WOULD BE A PROBLEM, JSUT MANIPULATE THE OTHER TWO MACROS.

this are some mods i made for cutting.. NARK fix it up for me plz lil buddy! and i will let u barrow rhonda for a week! she is GREAT at CLEANIN HOUSE!

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Looks pretty good to me, but you asked for critque so here we go..... This is what I would do: (in caps below)
    thanx bub

the porkchop in the PPWO is about 67g of protein in 8ozs .. i try to stay in 60-70g protein per meal.

i did have grapefuit in the morning but i moved it to PPWO since i need carbs there.

whey protein IMO is over rated i like it PWO but i just need the amino's from it and then 30mins i get a real meal which seems to help me reduce bloat and stay a lil leaner than avg

thanks again for input will definetly put it to use

oh and orange roughy is PRICY thats the only set back w/ it

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    thanx bub

the porkchop in the PPWO is about 67g of protein in 8ozs .. i try to stay in 60-70g protein per meal.

i did have grapefuit in the morning but i moved it to PPWO since i need carbs there.

whey protein IMO is over rated i like it PWO but i just need the amino's from it and then 30mins i get a real meal which seems to help me reduce bloat and stay a lil leaner than avg

thanks again for input will definetly put it to use

oh and orange roughy is PRICY thats the only set back w/ it
    Yea....salmon isnt very expensive though...you could sub it out. And I agree, if you are going to use shake at all during the day/night (except PWO) your shake should consist of both whey and casein and maybe even some egg protein.

Tai- you should visit www.trueprotein.com you can custom make your own protein blends through a choice of many different proteins : whey iso, whey conc, eggwhite, casein, milk protein, whole egg protein etc etc.... I like to make my meal replacement shake liek this: 34% whey isolate ion-exchange, 33% eggwhite protein, 33% casein. I have found this to be a great mix to keeping me full and also not bloat me b/c Their proteins have no fillers, therefore they are 95-100% pure...they provide lab anylisis to prove it as well. If you order form there here is a 5% off discount code: SPD365 Check em out.

BTW, I have a comp coming up in six days and I am sitting at 212 lbs right now...very lean and my meals throughout my whole prep have consisted of 60g of protein per meal....IMO yours should consist of around 65-70g...you are a lot bigger than myself

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    And you can use my discount code ther too!!

PM me for it.

Nah use mine!!! Its better.

Thread Information